Facebook, anyone?

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Facebook, anyone?

Post by nwscubamom »

Just seeing how many NW Diveclubbers are also on Facebook? I'm sure having a blast with that thing....

- Janna :)
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Re: Facebook, anyone?

Post by cardiver »

I have a facebook account, but I find a lot more people I know on myspace.
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

NWDiveclub is my social network. All the important people are right here in one place. :smt038 On other social networks there are all those annoying land-mammals to deal with.

-Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

airsix wrote:NWDiveclub is my social network. All the important people are right here in one place. :smt038 On other social networks there are all those annoying land-mammals to deal with.

-Ben

haha, WORD, ben! :supz:
lurch
Compulsive Diver

Post by lurch »

spatman wrote:
airsix wrote:NWDiveclub is my social network. All the important people are right here in one place. :smt038 On other social networks there are all those annoying land-mammals to deal with.

-Ben

haha, WORD, ben! :supz:
Here here. (literally :evil4: )
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

I've been known to Facebook from time to time. (OK, I may be just a little obsessive about posting status updates.) Just uploaded some pics from Bonaire to my account. Mainly, though, I've been reconnecting with old high school friends. Most of them are non-divers, so it comes in handy.
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
jackieg
Amphibian

Post by jackieg »

I am there....but then you knew that, didn't you fish woman?

j
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Post by nwscubamom »

-Ben
hehe, well, when you get to live as long as *I* have...(walking through snow barefoot uphill both ways to school) - you get to appreciate ALL the people in your life - just not the aquatic-dwelling ones!

Like old school and college friends, mentors, family, relatives, business associates, etc....

Scottsax - and anyone else...look me up - would love to see your Bonaire pics. The status updates ARE fun!

And yeah, Jackieg...I DO know you're there! :)

Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I have a "page" or whatever you call it in Facebook, but I haven't really figured out what it's good for. People keep sending me hugs and plants and things.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Phineas Gage

Post by Phineas Gage »

Janna,
FWIW, you can create a "Group" on facebook called Northwest Dive Club. Might be easier to do that, and have folks join it if they want. Rather than trying to track down people to invite to your friends list.

-Tony
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

LCF wrote:I have a "page" or whatever you call it in Facebook, but I haven't really figured out what it's good for. People keep sending me hugs and plants and things.
Erica is upset with you because this made her laugh quite hard and she's still sore from the delivery. :evil4:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

nwscubamom wrote:hehe, well, when you get to live as long as *I* have...(walking through snow barefoot uphill both ways to school) - you get to appreciate ALL the people in your life - just not the aquatic-dwelling ones!

Like old school and college friends, mentors, family, relatives, business associates, etc....
Ahh... very good point, Janna. I was really just teasing.

-Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
divergirl07
Avid Diver

Post by divergirl07 »

I recently got on facebook & it is a lot of fun! I have got to see what happened to old friends, see peoples pictures , & keep in touch with a friend who is working in Toronto for 3 years... even met a few new people...
"Life is short.......... I want it all ...NOW!!"
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Scubagirl45 wrote:
LCF wrote:I have a "page" or whatever you call it in Facebook, but I haven't really figured out what it's good for. People keep sending me hugs and plants and things.
That sounds annoying......... :laughing3:
It's really entertaining for like the first week you're on Facebook, but ultimately, you get tired of that nonsense (unless you're a high-school-aged-girl) and delete those applications. Then you start actually connecting with people. My 20 year high school reunion is being planned primarily on Facebook...
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

scottsax wrote:My 20 year high school reunion is being planned primarily on Facebook...
which is exactly why is stay off of networking sites like Facebook. i don't really care to be found sometimes.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

spatman wrote:
scottsax wrote:My 20 year high school reunion is being planned primarily on Facebook...
which is exactly why is stay off of networking sites like Facebook. i don't really care to be found sometimes.
Exactly who or what are you hiding from, Mr. Spiro, if that's your real name? :smt027

spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

scottsax wrote:
spatman wrote:
Exactly who or what are you hiding from, Mr. Spiro, if that's your real name? :smt027
i'd tell you, but i'd have to kill you.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

scottsax wrote:
spatman wrote:
Hmmm... now that you mention it, those eyes do look a bit shifty behind that mask of his... just look at his avatar! ...and I've heard rumors about him hanging out in Italy... and silencing loud mouthed stronzos with his bravado.... maybe there is more to this Mr. Spiro than meets the eye....

:rr:
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Tom Nic wrote:Hmmm... now that you mention it, those eyes do look a bit shifty behind that mask of his... just look at his avatar! ...and I've heard rumors about him hanging out in Italy... and silencing loud mouthed stronzos with his bravado.... maybe there is more to this Mr. Spiro than meets the eye....
when the black ford falcons pull up outside your home, and trenchcoated men with dark glasses emerge and walk up to your door, just remember....

i had nothing to do with it.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

spatman wrote:
scottsax wrote:
spatman wrote:
i'd tell you, but i'd have to kill you.
Oh, come on.

Some of us already know about what happened in Iowa during the long, hot summer of '89.

And who was responsible for the horrible chain of seemingly unconnected tragedies.

And why they fled to Portland, Oregon under new identities.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Nailer99 wrote:Oh, come on.

Some of us already know about what happened in Iowa during the long, hot summer of '89.

And who was responsible for the horrible chain of seemingly unconnected tragedies.

i liked you once, josh, but i see now that i cannot trust you. but we did share some laughs in our brief friendship, so for that i give you this warning:

beware of black ford falcons.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

spatman wrote:
Nailer99 wrote:Oh, come on.

i liked you once, josh, but i see now that i cannot trust you. but we did share some laughs in our brief friendship, so for that i give you this warning:

beware of black ford falcons.
So, it has come to this, then. I always knew it would, deep down, I guess.
I suppose you will be calling the one-armed albino midget assassin, now, won't you? I'm afraid that you will find he has his hands.....er......hand full at the moment.......MWahahahaha!
:evil4:

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Nailer99 wrote:So, it has come to this, then. I always knew it would, deep down, I guess.
I suppose you will be calling the one-armed albino midget assassin, now, won't you? I'm afraid that you will find he has his hands.....er......hand full at the moment.......MWahahahaha!
the one-armed albino midget assassin is too well known in these parts, due to my ever-increasing need for his services. let me just say that you will not know how, where, when and by whose hands your end will come, but i assure you it will be swift and painless.

or you just just buy me a mac n' jacks and we can call it good.
:partyman:
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

spatman wrote:
Nailer99 wrote:So, it has come to this, then. I always knew it would, deep down, I guess.
the one-armed albino midget assassin is too well known in these parts, due to my ever-increasing need for his services. let me just say that you will not know how, where, when and by whose hands your end will come, but i assure you it will be swift and painless.

Here are the rules. You will enter the room. I will be sitting at the table. You will sit across from me. There will be 2 frosty pints of Mac n' Jacks on the table. You will choose which one you want. Then.......we drink.

Na zdrowie, my friend.

spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Nailer99 wrote:
spatman wrote:

Here are the rules. You will enter the room. I will be sitting at the table. You will sit across from me. There will be 2 frosty pints of Mac n' Jacks on the table. You will choose which one you want. Then.......we drink.

Na zdrowie, my friend.
it has been many years since i have duelled with pints, but my reflexes are still quicksilver, fear not.

l'chaim.