my new dive rig

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: my new dive rig

Post by Joshua Smith »

Congrats, Loretta! They look like neat lil cars- I was looking at getting one for my wife a while back- I'd be curious to hear how you like it in a few months......
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

New toys are always cool! Congrats
Kalatin
Dive-aholic

Post by Kalatin »

Congrats on the new rig. 4 and a half years into purchasing a reliable vehicle after a long series of TERRIBLE cars, I still smile every time I turn the key and the car starts. Simple things...hope you have many miles of smiling in front of you with your new toy.
"Another marathon, rush hour trek to foolishly compress myself and risk bodily harm and/or death to look at fishies!!! I love it!" - Casey B.
"The circle of life is a bitch when you're hungry." - Sockmonkey
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Cool! A new excuse to make that long trip to come dive with us ... \:D/

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Very nice!

Kwbyron has one of those as his dive rig, and it worked very well. A nice large ribbermaid tub in the back and you're good to go.

Jake
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

nice! that mileage will sure help your dive commute!
Scubagirl45 wrote:...my new dive rig will easily hold 2 divers and their gear....
haha, maybe 2 divers YOUR size, loretta! i'd love to see me and divernick and all our gear in your new ride! my guess it would be similar to Pez and Fishstiq in ye olde Geo!
AB219
Aquaphile

Post by AB219 »

Nice dive rig..... to be

Some helper springs and beefer tires, you will be all set!!!!
So when we going diving???

g
Let's Go Diving at:
A) Oregon coast
B) Fort Bragg California
C) Monterey California
D) Puget Sound Washington

"It's not about the dive, but the journey taken."
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Post by Fishstiq »

Scubagirl45 wrote:
spatman wrote:nice! that mileage will sure help your dive commute!
Scubagirl45 wrote:...my new dive rig will easily hold 2 divers and their gear....
haha, maybe 2 divers YOUR size, loretta! i'd love to see me and divernick and all our gear in your new ride! my guess it would be similar to Pez and Fishstiq in ye olde Geo!
Too funny! :laughing3: It actually does have more room inside than the average sub-compact, but yeah, I'll have to see just how much I can cram into it.
Easy on the Geo. We used to argue about who hated that car more, and thus occupied Pez couldn't be as mean to me. Ahh, I miss those days.... Loretta, congrats on the new ride!
Not just front page famous, but above the fold famous...

Waiting for your AIDS test results is no time to be thinking positive.
narcosis Junky
Aquaphile

Post by narcosis Junky »

Congrats Loretta!

Now you have to come down to Eugene and dive in the area more often. I have been diving some new lakes around here and there are some other awsome dives that I have discovered. Besides, you have to do a nother Clear lake dive.

Again Congrats on the wheels
The size doesn't matter, it's how you use it! That's what they say any ways.
You use it to dive so how can you go wrong.
Want to go dive in Oregon. I can help. Biginner or experienced it doesn't matter.
want to do some underwater photography I will help if I can. I'm a dive Junky. Cold or hot.
I spear fish, night dive, deep dive. I do it all. Contact me.
http://flickr.com/photos/8680102@N04/
billandwende
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by billandwende »

Scubagirl45 wrote: my new dive rig will easily hold 2 divers and their gear, and it gets about 40 MPG :supz: It also has the added benefit of being pint-sized enough to fit into the smallest of available parking spots. I'm excited about taking it on it's first road trip to Seattle, and breaking it in with a load of dive gear!

What??? No Scubalance/Diveulance/PADI Wagon? :dontknow:

I'm not sure but I think your mileage is only 28 MPG better than mine. :evil4:

So I am assuming we will see ya a bit more often? =D>
"I seek out more experienced divers who are willing to dive with me, and I buy them beer." :snorkel:

"It was awesome until the point where Bono endorsed it." Fishstiq

"Anyone know a good direction to point me in so i can figure out exactly what i have?" kat
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

If I know Loretta my guess is that all fuel savings will initially be diverted to the "Salvo fund". \:D/
-Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey