Dive Commercial International

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Dive Commercial International

Post by Joshua Smith »

John Rawlings pointed this place out to me:

http://www.divecommercial.com/

It's a cool little dive shop, located right near my house in Ballard. I stopped in there today and looked around. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. They do cater to commercial divers, but they have a lot of gear that's perfectly good for rec and tec as well, and lots of brands I've never heard of. It's a cool shop to check out if you're in my neck of the woods, and really close to downtown, besides. It's worth stopping in just to look at the vintage diving helmets on the wall!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

i was wondering about that place. it came up in my search of dive shops not too long back, and i think i drove by it the other day (at a time it wouldn't have been open). i'd like to check it out some time - they do have some crazy-looking stuff on their website!
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

This is an awesome photo from that site!

Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Yeah- even if you don't buy anything, it's well worth going there to look at stuff.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
diver-dad
Compulsive Diver

Post by diver-dad »

Their web page says "At Dive Commercial International you'll find the equipment and products you need for your commercial diving operation."

Does that mean they only cater to commercial divers or are recreational divers welcome to do business?

Thanks
- DD

"Always do right -- this will gratify some and astonish the rest."
-Mark Twain
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

diver-dad wrote:Their web page says "At Dive Commercial International you'll find the equipment and products you need for your commercial diving operation."

Does that mean they only cater to commercial divers or are recreational divers welcome to do business?

Thanks
While their primary emphasis is commercial diving at Dive Commercial International, ANY diver can walk through their door and do business with them. I regularly buy replacement dry gloves from them and have picked up other useful items there over the years.

DCI is owned by John and Dori Ritter and they are great people. John is a former owner of the Divers' Institute of Technology in Seattle and has had an exciting history in the commercial diving industry. Here's the link to their brief bios:

http://www.divecommercial.com/knowledge.html

It's a fascinating place to just meander around in.....but TRY not to drool on the collection of commercial helmets!

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
diver-dad
Compulsive Diver

Post by diver-dad »

Excellent!

Thanks
- DD

"Always do right -- this will gratify some and astonish the rest."
-Mark Twain
Diver_Dave
I've Got Gills

Nice place to shop

Post by Diver_Dave »

Stoped by there when we were there a few years ago...I got to say great cust. service.....
D.D.
Sitka,Alaska
Finding things under water....
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

How's their fill station? Do they have one? I'm a bit picky about such things, and usually drive to FifthD or NWSD, but sometimes I don't have the time to go that far (I need more tanks, I guess).