If you live in the desert and need something to read...

Discuss Team Diving here.
airsix
I've Got Gills

If you live in the desert and need something to read...

Post by airsix »

In case anyone else cares "Doing It Right: The Fundamentals of Better Diving", which has been out of print and selling on Amazon for triple digits is apparently back on the shelves at gue.com. I just placed my order.

...and yes, I know there is a pdf version ($14) that has been available all along, but I just can't bring myself to "read a book" on the computer. I'm as geek as they get, but I just can't do the book thing that way (and it goes both ways - I can't read html docs that have been printed on paper either).

-Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
LCF
I've Got Gills

Re: If you live in the desert and need something to read...

Post by LCF »

I'm with you -- I just HATE reading multi-page text on a screen.

The book's worth reading, although your eyebrows will raise when you read the fitness expectations of technical divers!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
airsix
I've Got Gills

Re: If you live in the desert and need something to read...

Post by airsix »

LCF wrote:I'm with you -- I just HATE reading multi-page text on a screen.

The book's worth reading, although your eyebrows will raise when you read the fitness expectations of technical divers!
Speaking of raised eyebrows... Last night I picked up my circa 1985 AOW (PADI) book to read through the navigation chapter since I've been slipping in that area. I started browsing through some of the other chapters too and got a real hoot out it. Things have changed over the years! I think I'll start a thread this weekend and post some highlights. I think we'll get some laughs out of it. For example it lists some advantages of night diving, including the fact that fish are easily stunned by your light making them easier to touch and hold. #-o I also like the list of extra equipment recommended for night diving: a depth guage, SPG, and BCD inflator...

-Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey