Congrats to Bnboly on Dive #150!

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Congrats to Bnboly on Dive #150!

Post by Tom Nic »

Tim joined Bnboly and I for a couple of "getting back in the water" dives at Three Tree North. Tim did great for not being in the water for a long time, and is looking more and more comfortable. Afterwards we found out it was Bill's 150th dive! Congratulations Bill, and thanks for being a great dive buddy!

All the usual suspects were out and about, and there is quite the Alabaster Nudi bloom with dozens and dozens of them in the 35 to 20 fsw range. Viz below 40 fsw was 30' plus, so things are looking good!

A few pics from the dive are here

Here's a couple of fun ones - This Penpoint Gunnel was saying "Aaahhh" and showing off his white mouth! Hadn't photographed that before so thought it was cool.

Saw this juvenile, bright orange Sailfin Sculpin out in the open at about 20 fsw, the first time I've seen a juvie and the first time I've seen one out in broad daylight that wasn't under something that I had just moved!

Got this male Kelp Greeling to hold still long enough to snap a quick portrait. They are so pretty, and so shy!

Great dives, great company, as always!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
spatman
I've Got Gills

Re: Congrats to Bnboly on Dive #150!

Post by spatman »

congrats, bill! :supz:

and great pics, as usual, tom! :notworthy: this one in particular i really like.
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

Congrats Bill!!!
K
"Let's go diving!"
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Yeah, Bill......Congrats! ](*,) :dontknow: :crybaby: :-({|=
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

spatman wrote:and great pics, as usual, tom! :notworthy: this one in particular i really like.

Thanks Matt - I hesitate to include pics of Alabasters because they are so ubiquitous and I think folks get tired of them. They sure are fun to see and take pictures of! Saw several mating as well, the first time I remembered seeing that. I've probably seen it before but just didn't realize what I was looking at in the tangle of cerrata. The pic didn't turn out great, but it's definitely two of them.

"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

cardiver wrote:Yeah, Bill......Congrats! ](*,) :dontknow: :crybaby: :-({|=
So just where were you?! And what are you doing Thursday / Friday?
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

I know where i wasn't....Invited to dive with my buddies. :bootyshake:
I could dive Thursday after 3 and after I talk to another friend of mine tomorrow, we could possibly turn that into some boat dives!
-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

cardiver wrote:I know where i wasn't....Invited to dive with my buddies. :bootyshake:
I could dive Thursday after 3 and after I talk to another friend of mine tomorrow, we could possibly turn that into some boat dives!
Come on, Ron - Every Friday morning you know where we'll be! \:D/ You're always invited if you aren't being a responsible citizen and working for a living! We'll be there this Friday and I'm trying to work out some dive buddies for Thursday.
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Do you do 3th every friday morning, tom? I always work at 1 on friday, so morning dives will work. Let me know whats up for Thursday....I would love to get you down to LD sometime soon!
-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

cardiver wrote:Do you do 3th every friday morning, tom? I always work at 1 on friday, so morning dives will work. Let me know whats up for Thursday....I would love to get you down to LD sometime soon!
90% of Fridays I do 2 morning dives, usually with Bill. I'm diving with Tim at TTN this Friday (Bill is out of town) and possibly Keith. If Keith is available Thursday we'll be diving then as well, and if the tides were right (high or incoming) we'll give Les a go (that river looks REAL nasty...) - the viz has been spectacular at TTN though! :-) You're welcome at any of the dives. Give us a call if you're not sure what's up.
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Afternoon or morning on Thursday?
-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

cardiver wrote:Afternoon or morning on Thursday?
Not set in concrete yet. I'm cool with either, but need to be able to get tanks back to the shop so that I can get them filled for Friday.