Oregon Coast Dive spots

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
GetWet
Frequent Bubbler

Oregon Coast Dive spots

Post by GetWet »

We did a dive this week-end at the north end of the bay by Garibaldi, Oregon, by a couple of rocks called 'Three Graces'. We were looking for crab. There were lots, but none legal [-X . So... we settled for some clams, and a terrific dive. The vis was about 10 feet, you have to climb down over some big rocks to get to the dive site, and the window is pretty small. There was only one place in town to get air fills and it is going out of business this fall I think (anyone looking for a business?)

I definitely want to do this one again.

Anyone have any leads on other dive spots in Oregon?
nice-diver
Compulsive Diver

Re: Oregon Coast Dive spots

Post by nice-diver »

where do you live?? or how far do you want to drive?? theres lots of oregon dive spots
i flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nice-diver/

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather, because it's easier to harrass rich women than motorcycle gangs!
GetWet
Frequent Bubbler

Post by GetWet »

We are in Longview. So starting at Astoria being the easiest, we can make long week-ends or entire weeks and hit just about anywhere in Oregon!
nice-diver
Compulsive Diver

Post by nice-diver »

PM sparky for the NW oregon coast, its his turf

I know the eugene area (center of the state) let me know
i flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nice-diver/

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather, because it's easier to harrass rich women than motorcycle gangs!