Free Computer Diving Seminar

This forum is provided for the further edification of our club members seeking to improve their knowledge and diving skills. (recreational diving only)
mattwave
Amphibian

Free Computer Diving Seminar

Post by mattwave »

Would anyone be interested?

We can discuss different models and how to operate them as well as the benefits and drawbacks to using a dive computer to calculate inert gas loading. We could also cover diving with buddies who use different computers and demonstrate how in decompression diving dive profiles from different computer forecasts really sync up well!
Most important of all we could define methods of dive planning using our computers and apply conservatism in our computer's configuration.
"Scuba Like You Love It!"
Let's go diving
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Re: Free Computer Diving Seminar

Post by scottsax »

I'm interested-any info about deco I can get, I'll happily accept!
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

i really wish you guys had a shop/classroom down here in portland.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

spatman wrote:i really wish you guys had a shop/classroom down here in portland.
There is a shop just around the corner from you. Get on I-5 and drive up to the Lake City way exit. Just around the corner you'll find NWSD. Good luck finding parking though. I'll buy you a beer after the Seminar :occasion5:
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Pez7378 wrote:
spatman wrote:i really wish you guys had a shop/classroom down here in portland.
There is a shop just around the corner from you. Get on I-5 and drive up to the Lake City way exit. Just around the corner you'll find NWSD. Good luck finding parking though. I'll buy you a beer after the Seminar :occasion5:
No doubt on the parking! I was there last night-that construction is awful! And I suspect I'm not going to be able to whip a left into the parking lot anymore after it's all done.
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
mattwave
Amphibian

Post by mattwave »

Wow some amazing responses, I have had people interested in both listening to and shareing their experiences. I hope we can make a go of this!

I have a call into various manufacturer reps, I am sure we can get some inside information too. :bounce:
"Scuba Like You Love It!"
Let's go diving
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Pez7378 wrote:
rub it in, dude. rub it in...
:axe:
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

You could always have a computer set up where you could SKYPE in. All you need is a computer with internet access, a Webcam, speakers and a microphone. Voila videoconference.
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Pez7378 wrote:You could always have a computer set up where you could SKYPE in. All you need is a computer with internet access, a Webcam, speakers and a microphone. Voila videoconference.
It's hard to :occasion5: after a video conference, Pez!
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

cardiver wrote:
Pez7378 wrote:You could always have a computer set up where you could SKYPE in. All you need is a computer with internet access, a Webcam, speakers and a microphone. Voila videoconference.
trust me, i'll find a way to make it work.

i have a laptop with a cam built in. if you guys set one up, i might be able to join in.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I'm always up for learning more. Let us know date and time. I can bring the X1 which is running VPM Live.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
divernick
Aquaphile

Post by divernick »

spatman wrote:
cardiver wrote:
trust me, i'll find a way to make it work.

i have a laptop with a cam built in. if you guys set one up, i might be able to join in.
If you get this figured out, let me know, I'd be interested. And then we could have a couple beers.
Peter Guy
Compulsive Diver

Post by Peter Guy »

Matt, I'd certainly be up for this. I'm one of those who believe agencies (take your pick!) should drop the teaching of the tables and use the OW class time to actually discuss what the computer(s) can do. Just don't have the class when I'm gone!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

I'd certainly be up for this if it fits my schedule. Sounds very interesting!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

I'm in too!

-Valerie