Viz Reports Thread

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
divergirl07
Avid Diver

Re: Viz Reports Thread

Post by divergirl07 »

Anyone seen what it looks like at Les Davies or anywhere on Ruston way for that matter??- Last time I was there it looked like moldy milk =(
"Life is short.......... I want it all ...NOW!!"
enchantmentdivi
Amphibian

Post by enchantmentdivi »

Norrander's Reef, 9/1: 10-15 ft
Jenn
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Post by Jan K »

Labor :partyman: Day :
Possession Point Ferry - 35' :supz:
Gedney Island Reef 10 on top, 30-35 on the bottom,
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
aquaholic24
Just Settling In

Post by aquaholic24 »

9/1 Edmonds UWP
Vis was about 5-10 feet when out a ways, much worse closer to shore. Some cool critters, but a LOOONG swim out to get anywhere near 40 fsw.
"Here's a good tip for when you go to the beach: A sand dollar may look like a nice cracker that someone left, but trust me, they don't taste like it."

Jack Handy
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Labor Day! :supz:

TTN delivered as always - 30' plus, just as clear in the shallows as at depth, TONS of critters out and about, 4 dives, 5 hours underwater, (love that 'trox!), Thank you Georgia & Ron!!! :notworthy:

Thanks for the reports, sounds like lots of folks had a great Labor Day underwater! :supz:
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

4 dives at TTN on the same day?! :smt119 Leave no rock unturned!!
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Sounder wrote:4 dives at TTN on the same day?! :smt119 Leave no rock unturned!!
Hmmm.... try 3 days, one day off for Sunday, 7 dives, 8+ hours bt, and AMAZING dives!!! It was fantastic, great company, not boring in the least, and a GREAT warm up for Bonaire! :supz: You should have been there! (What ARE they putting in that 'trox :smt119 these days!?!)
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Dove cove 2 to the I beams on sunday aug 30 th. Viz was 30 feet or better .. Stellar
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
aquaholic24
Just Settling In

Post by aquaholic24 »

Redondo 9/3
Vis was EXCELLENT today--I could actually see my buddy clearly (20-25' away) at 80 fsw, instead of just a blackish blob. I know the sunny day helped. Didn't find the lobster-even though we hunted for 'im. Did see TONS of other cool critters, though! YAY!!
"Here's a good tip for when you go to the beach: A sand dollar may look like a nice cracker that someone left, but trust me, they don't taste like it."

Jack Handy
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Post by Jan K »

Keystone 9/3
viz about 15 feet in the afternoon. Silt ( some of it coming from the ferry side - low tide) .
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Titlow on monday, Sept 1st. Viz about 20', nice octo out under ledges. Didnt find the wolfies. Very nice dive.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Vis at Cove 2 last night was awesome in the shallows ... we only went to 54 fsw, but down to that point we had a consistent 30+ feet. I heard from friends that it wasn't as good deeper, but it sounds like the zooplankton is in the "snot" stage, which means it'll be clearing up in a couple of days.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Another shallow Cove 2 dive -- max depth 40 feet, viz at least 30 and probably more. A little bit of whale snot in the water still, but not much. Easy to see and enjoy the schools of fish glittering in the sunlight.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

We did Redondo this afternoon around 3pM and the viz was great below 10 to 15'. Clearest I have seen. Could see my dive buddy at least 20' clearly. Very little water movement which meant that once a place got fogged in it stayed that way but move a few feet and it was fine again. The big octo is still in place under the boat and I saw at least 6 reds mostly about fist size. All but one were trying their best to hide while keeping an eye on that big black fish with bright lights. Several different nudies, the predominate being the white lined dironas but one nice big Janolus fuscus and one nice size Golden. One nice size Red Irish lord and lots of perch and small rock fish. Also saw a big red rock tearing another one apart. Lots of gunnel's some of which were the biggest I seen. All and all a great dive. If we had had a second tank we would have done a second dive for sure.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Thursday, Sept 4th, Three Tree N. Awsome Vis on the first dive (Diving on the ebb) 40 feet easy! One of the best vis days At Three Tree N. for me. On the second dive, tide came in and the vis went to about 15 feet at best. Observation?
Dive Three Tree N. on the ebb and you should have better vis!
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Did Redondo on low tide this morning. first half of dive it was awesome then the flood started and it got murky real quick.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

??
Last edited by BASSMAN on Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
lundysd
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by lundysd »

LAKE viz was 20 feet today .. it was RIDICULOUS
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Viz at Les Davis: First dive, maybe 5 feet in the shallows, probably 20 - 25 below 30 feet.

Second dive, same viz deep, went literally to 1 to 2 feet in the shallows. It was an ebb tide, and we were downslope from the classes, so I think that's where the particulates were coming from. We thumbed it; we couldn't see our noses in front of our faces.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Post by WylerBear »

Redondo today a bit murky shallow but a good 30' once past 15' or so. And the amount of light in the water was fantastic! Thanks, Zen Diver, for the fantastic dives!
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Wow, I can't believe we agree on the viz! \:D/ The world must be coming to an end!
:smt038

-Valerie
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Bassman and I did Redondo at 1930 tonight. Viz was 15-20 fsw at depth and half that above 30 fsw.
Here are a few pics...
Attachments
CIMG1017.JPG
CIMG1014.JPG
CIMG0998.JPG
CIMG0992.JPG
CIMG0989.JPG
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

cardiver wrote:Bassman and I did Redondo at 1930 tonight. Viz was 15-20 fsw at depth and half that above 30 fsw.
Here are a few pics...

Wow that was a quick post, :supz: nice pictures again Ron! =D> =D> =D>
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Hey Tom-Nic!

Where's the vis report from Bonaire? :supz:
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

BASSMAN wrote:
cardiver wrote:Bassman and I did Redondo at 1930 tonight. Viz was 15-20 fsw at depth and half that above 30 fsw.
Here are a few pics...

Wow that was a quick post, :supz: nice pictures again Ron! =D> =D> =D>
Thanks, Keith. That was a great dive tonight!
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY