Florida Bound!

Post your questions (and answers) about dive excursions abroad here.
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Florida Bound!

Post by Zen Diver »

In approx 11 hours I'll be on a plane with Wylerbear headed to Florida and CAVE COUNTRY!!!!!! We start our classes on the 28th, which leaves us time to pick up rented doubles, buy groceries, get acclimated and do some check out dives (notice the doubles come ahead of food...) before hand. I'm pretty much ready except for packing, which I'm about to do.

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!

-Valerie
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Re: Florida Bound!

Post by Jan K »

Cave diving is awesome. Have a safe and great trip ! Looking forward to see pictures and trip report.
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

hope you both have a great and safe time down there! i look forward to your trip reports and pics!
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Very cool, Val! Have a blast, and let's get a report and some pics when you get back!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

Zen Diver 2 wrote:In approx 11 hours I'll be on a plane with Wylerbear headed to Florida and CAVE COUNTRY!!!!!! We start our classes on the 28th, which leaves us time to pick up rented doubles, buy groceries, get acclimated and do some check out dives (notice the doubles come ahead of food...) before hand. I'm pretty much ready except for packing, which I'm about to do.

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!

-Valerie
I'm so jealous! Have a great time Valerie, and be prepared to get hooked.
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

BDub wrote:
I'm so jealous! Have a great time Valerie, and be prepared to get hooked.
Too late! We got hooked last year with just caverns!

-Valerie
(packing done, off to the showers and soon the airport!)
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Have fun and take a little time to check out the manatees. Well worth a trip by them selves
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Have a safe and fun time you two!

And of course, we expect more than a full report on your return!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Have a wonderful class! Who is your instructor?

I hope you have scheduled enough time to do at least a day or two of cave diving after the class is over. The courses are interesting, but there's nothing like doing your own first cave dives!

Looking forward to a report.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Got in about an hour ago and I'm still settling in, but I wanted to check in and say that Wylerbear and I are now CAVE DIVERS!!! Okay, only at the Intro/Basic level, but still, CAVE DIVERS!!! It was very exciting to swim past the Grim Reaper sign \:D/, and yes, Lynn, you're right, our first cave dive on our own was very special. We finished training last Friday, then still had nearly a week to dive and visit with a friend from Tampa. Met all kinds of new friends and we're already planning the next trip.

I'll write more details tomorrow and try to include some pix.

-Valerie
(Cave Diver, did I mention that?)
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Hooray! Ginny and I were just talking about you last night and wondering how things were going down in cave-country! Now we know! This deserves a double - WOOT!!!!!

WOOT!!! WOOT!!! \:D/

Congratulations to both of you!!!! =D>

- John :salute:
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Congratulations! Now, one of these days, you guys need to come down and join one of our group trips to Mexico!

I'm looking forward to a writeup of the class. I love reading about cave diving, when I'm stuck up here in caveless country :-)
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

Congrats! Can't wait to read a report
Last edited by BDub on Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

That's very awesome! Congrats to you both.
-Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

CONGRATS Val & Georgia! WooHoo!

So looking forward to the report! :bounce:
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman