What I am currently shopping for...

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

What I am currently shopping for...

Post by Norris »

So thanks to Scott Sax I have a BC, and thanks to some great deals on Craigs I have three tanks that I already have had hydro'd. I just came into a few bucks and my wife has agreed to a little spending money for SCUBA.

I need a dry suit and a regulator. I am looking to find a decent regulator/computer/octo combo if possible. I only have a 1500 and have found some suits for about 900.00 - 1000.00 brand new. That leaves me about 500 for the regulator. If anyone has upgraded or something please let me know. If you happen to have a drysuit within my range I am interested as well.

Me -
Just a wee fellow -

5'10" 230pds

Just thought I would ask...thanks everyone!
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Re: What I am currently shopping for...

Post by Burntchef »

get a log in for the deco stop and you will find plenty of regs for under 500 easy.
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

You can also find very nice, brand new regs with an octo for under 500. Check out the deal at http://www.scubatoys.com for the Oceanic Delta IV
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Stu
Aquaphile

Post by Stu »

IF your patient you can also find good used suits on ebay. Though, with internet purchases sometimes you lose the chance to try them on.
sunnydude
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by sunnydude »

You might check out Lighthouse diving as they had a sale going on with their used suits.
Sean
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

i would also bet for 500 bucks a shop will get you a good reg new, shops love cash and some will give a nicer discount
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Thanks alot for all of your responses and I have a few deals going on in the background with some very helpful people. I really appreciate all of your help and Ill let you know how it goes.

Rick
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

I really want to thank some of the fine people I have met here on NWDC. My drysuit is enroute, I have a reg set up, inspected and serviced. Scott Sax sold me a fine BC, and I gots me some tanks all hydroed and filled. One of which I received from Oregon Diver. Spatman was also very influential in steering me in the right direction and thanks Fishstiq for the undergarment and light.

Soon I will be diving dry with some of you. I have class this weekend for my Advanced OW and I think the following weekend. Once that is out of the way I am going to chill on the certs for a bit and get a bunch of dives under my belt before pursuing nitrox and rescue.

THANKS EVERYONE, IT's SO NICE TO KNOW I HAVE SUPPORT!!!!

:smt038 :smt038 :smt038
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

congratulations, dude! glad you got your kit together. let us know when you're done with your classes and are ready to show off your new gear.

:occasion5:
Last edited by spatman on Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Post by Ken G »

Glad to hear it Norris. Enjoy your new toys!
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

spatman wrote:congratulations, dude! glad you got your kit together. let us know when you're done with your classes and areready to show off your new gear.

:occasion5:
BELIEVE THAT, SPAT!
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I have class this weekend for my Advanced OW and I think the following weekend. Once that is out of the way I am going to chill on the certs for a bit and get a bunch of dives under my belt before pursuing nitrox and rescue.
An excellent strategy!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames