Flag Pole Dec 27th

General topics about technical diving.
Bric Martin
Aquanaut

Flag Pole Dec 27th

Post by Bric Martin »

Just an FYI. Pac Adventures has set up a day on Dec 27th to dive "flag pole". Flag pole is one of the best sites in the Hoodscanal area. For those interested it goes well beyond 150 and in some spots down to the 200 plus range. Me and my dive buddy will be about 150.

It would be great to fill the boat and meet some new divers! If you are interested call Don at Pac Adventures for the details.

Bric
Bric Martin

Save the Oceans, Save Ourselves!
RIP LCF
https://goo.gl/photos/tSdZZHXf4xejLBSz5
https://goo.gl/photos/fTCN7LuFvxWYF11e8
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: Flag Pole Dec 27th

Post by Tom Nic »

WIll this be a Tech only charter?
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Bric Martin
Aquanaut

Post by Bric Martin »

Yes the day has been set aside as a "tech only" charter. Don runs a 6 pack boat. His service is very professional and always a great day!

Hope to see you there.
Bric
Bric Martin

RIP LCF
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

I'll second that (as I know Tom will too) - Don runs one of my favorite dive operations in the country. It's just easy and fun on his boat - all while being treated 1st class by extremely competent captains and crew.

Flag Pole is a cool site. I've not dived at tech depths there, but I have been fairly deep as recreational profiles go. It's a neat place.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Bric ... I filled the boat for ya ... me and three friends want to join you and your dive buddy for this charter. Called Don last night.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Sounder wrote:I'll second that (as I know Tom will too) - Don runs one of my favorite dive operations in the country. It's just easy and fun on his boat - all while being treated 1st class by extremely competent captains and crew.
Yup. Fantastic operation! In fact, I need to get a few of my dive buddies together and head up to the Hood for a mid-week charter. I'm thinking a Monday or Thursday if Don's available, 3 dives, sometime in January. Only this will be a recreational trip!

You guys should have a great time. Enjoy!
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Tom Nic wrote:
Sounder wrote:I'll second that (as I know Tom will too) - Don runs one of my favorite dive operations in the country. It's just easy and fun on his boat - all while being treated 1st class by extremely competent captains and crew.
Yup. Fantastic operation! In fact, I need to get a few of my dive buddies together and head up to the Hood for a mid-week charter. I'm thinking a Monday or Thursday if Don's available, 3 dives, sometime in January. Only this will be a recreational trip!

You guys should have a great time. Enjoy!
A mid-week 3-tanker would be VERY tempting...
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Sounder wrote:
Tom Nic wrote:In fact, I need to get a few of my dive buddies together and head up to the Hood for a mid-week charter. I'm thinking a Monday or Thursday if Don's available, 3 dives, sometime in January. Only this will be a recreational trip!
monday the 19th is MLK's bday. i have off from work that day....
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

spatman wrote:
Sounder wrote:
Tom Nic wrote:In fact, I need to get a few of my dive buddies together and head up to the Hood for a mid-week charter. I'm thinking a Monday or Thursday if Don's available, 3 dives, sometime in January. Only this will be a recreational trip!
I've put an email into Don. That might be a great day.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Sounder wrote:
spatman wrote:
Sounder wrote:
Hey! You hijackin' my trip? :smt064

Sheesh... pirates. :smt027
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Tom Nic wrote:
Sounder wrote:
spatman wrote:
Sounder wrote:
Hey! You hijackin' my trip? :smt064

Sheesh... pirates. :smt027
I wouldn't call it hijacking - I was trying to facilitate! You only said "a Monday or Thursday in January." That leaves many options open... someone else suggested MLK day and when I saw Don's calendar being open, I though "this is going to go fast and I KNOW people will want to go on this trip" so I grabbed it.

You're #1 on the list if you want it... I'll start another thread.

-Doug
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

I'm in if it happens. And I may even do another one!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Oy... another threak hijacking!! Fortunately this one was finished when Bob closed out the charter so I don't feel so bad.

Details on the other stuff to come in another thread...
Bric Martin
Aquanaut

Post by Bric Martin »

Tom

If you have room on the boat then count me in!

Bric
Bric Martin

RIP LCF