Winter Blues

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Re: Winter Blues

Post by scottsax »

Tom Nic wrote:And as for you - :violent1: :axe: :violent3:

You payin'? :smt051
:evil4:

Would that I could...I'd bring all of my NWDC buddies down there and we'd tear that place up! Someone buy me the winning mega millions ticket, and we'll all go!

:partyman: :occasion5: (non-alcoholic beverages will of course be provided...)
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

OH jake your soooo funny.. No crack is an addictive drug that's causes lots of problems.. I just suffer from the blues now and then, like everyone else. But st johns does wrk good.. Where can I buy a light therapy Box ? Remeber No Highjcks..
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
smike
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by smike »

MMMMMust Hijjjack.... Nooooooo ........Diving ...... Addictive drug....

Sorry. Couldn't help myself.
Behold, the King reigns! You are his publicity agents. Therefore advertise, advertise, advertise, the King and his kingdom.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

smike wrote:MMMMMust Hijjjack.... Nooooooo ........Diving ...... Addictive drug....

Sorry. Couldn't help myself.

But diving does not cause lots of problems like crack apparently does....
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Wait......you're saying that Crack causes problems? I've certainly never heard anything like that before. Can you back that statement up? Show me some scientific research or something?
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

What is this "crack" you speak of?
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

:bootyshake:
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

smike wrote:MMMMMust Hijjjack.... Nooooooo ........Diving ...... Addictive drug....
i think it's safe to hijack this thread. i mean, really, it's only josh's topic, and he obviously doesn't care about hijackings...

Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Also there is no NHZ on the subject and it IS in the everything else area. he he I'm getting this for my SAD wife...anyone have this that can give a review?

http://www.activeforever.com/showproduc ... with-clock

It has the 10000lux that is required and looks to be perfect for a desk. 50.00 ain't bad. Ill get her some St Johns Wort too as reading up on that, its pretty well known for "minor" depression.

Crack is much more expensive and the effects would not be compatible with her position, so NO :bootyshake:
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

YOU DON'T NEED CRACK OR STUPID LIGHT BULBS!!!!!! I JUST GOT SOME WHITE PILLS FROM A LONG-HAUL TRUCKER AT THE GAS STATION!! HE SAID THEY'D CURE SAD, MAD, DAD, SYPHILLIS, AND A COUPLE OTHER THINGS!!!!! I FEEL GREAT!!!!!!!!! EXCEPT I CAN'T STOP GRINDING MY TEETH! MAN, I JUST DID 219 PUSHUPS HOW MANY CAN YOU GUYS DO????!?!?!? I HAVE TO GO REORGANIZE THE SILVERWARE DRAWER AGAIN!!!!! I CAN'T DECIDE IF I LIKE THE FORKS ON THE LEFT OR THE RIGHT!!!!!!!

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Joshua Smith wrote:YOU DON'T NEED CRACK OR STUPID LIGHT BULBS!!!!!! I JUST GOT SOME WHITE PILLS FROM A LONG-HAUL TRUCKER AT THE GAS STATION!! HE SAID THEY'D CURE SAD, MAD, DAD, SYPHILLIS, AND A COUPLE OTHER THINGS!!!!! I FEEL GREAT!!!!!!!!! EXCEPT I CAN'T STOP GRINDING MY TEETH! MAN, I JUST DID 219 PUSHUPS HOW MANY CAN YOU GUYS DO????!?!?!? I HAVE TO GO REORGANIZE THE SILVERWARE DRAWER AGAIN!!!!! I CAN'T DECIDE IF I LIKE THE FORKS ON THE LEFT OR THE RIGHT!!!!!!!
THAT ALSO MEANS YOU CAN GIVE US MORE COWBELL!!! WOOHOO COWBELL!!!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Norris wrote: Ill get her some St Johns Wort too as reading up on that, its pretty well known for "minor" depression.
:
A word to the ladies (and well-intentioned gentlemen)....there have been studies that show that St. John's wort can reduce the effectiveness of birth control pills. This may make you SAD. Or happy, but I'm guessing you'd be pretty surprised one way or another.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Joshua Smith wrote:YOU DON'T NEED CRACK OR STUPID LIGHT BULBS!!!!!! I JUST GOT SOME WHITE PILLS FROM A LONG-HAUL TRUCKER AT THE GAS STATION!! HE SAID THEY'D CURE SAD, MAD, DAD, SYPHILLIS, AND A COUPLE OTHER THINGS!!!!! I FEEL GREAT!!!!!!!!! EXCEPT I CAN'T STOP GRINDING MY TEETH! MAN, I JUST DID 219 PUSHUPS HOW MANY CAN YOU GUYS DO????!?!?!? I HAVE TO GO REORGANIZE THE SILVERWARE DRAWER AGAIN!!!!! I CAN'T DECIDE IF I LIKE THE FORKS ON THE LEFT OR THE RIGHT!!!!!!!

ooooooohhhhh, iiiiissss ttthhhaaaaattt mmyyyyy prrrobbbllleeemmmmm????? iiiii ttttooookkk tthhheeee bbbblllluuuuueeeee ppiiiiiilllllllssssss......

ffffeeeeellllliiiinnngggg sssllleeppppyyyy aaagggggaaaaiiiinnnnn......
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

(Scott backs quietly out of the room, closes the door behind him, and tiptoes away, supressing bad memories....)

Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Penopolypants wrote:
Norris wrote: Ill get her some St Johns Wort too as reading up on that, its pretty well known for "minor" depression.
:
A word to the ladies (and well-intentioned gentlemen)....there have been studies that show that St. John's wort can reduce the effectiveness of birth control pills. This may make you SAD. Or happy, but I'm guessing you'd be pretty surprised one way or another.
Yes I read that too, it actually has a somewhat time release affect of certain medications, can make them release slower or faster depending on the medication.

By the way Penopolypants I LOVE what you did to your avatar with the bulbs. I have always loved that picture, that gull looks like he SCORED.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Well, it's only been 2 days, but:

I started taking vitamin D. I've been getting some excercise. I've been eating healthier. And I've been forcing myself to sleep more normal hours. And I feel about a thousand times better already. Not sure what's made the huge difference; maybe it's nothing more than the comfort us humans derive from feeling like we're taking control of a situation and "doing something" about it. Whatever it is, I want to thank you all for your suggestions!

Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Joshua Smith wrote:Well, it's only been 2 days, but:

I started taking vitamin D. I've been getting some excercise. I've been eating healthier. And I've been forcing myself to sleep more normal hours. And I feel about a thousand times better already. Not sure what's made the huge difference; maybe it's nothing more than the comfort us humans derive from feeling like we're taking control of a situation and "doing something" about it. Whatever it is, I want to thank you all for your suggestions!
Likely all of the above Josh! Way to bring it up, get folks talking, and hopefully doing something productive rather than just sitting around suffering.
scottsax wrote:
(Scott backs quietly out of the room, closes the door behind him, and tiptoes away, supressing bad memories....)
Me too, Me too...
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman