Who said that men don't do housework??

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
da_jab
Aquaphile

Who said that men don't do housework??

Post by da_jab »

They are wrong:
http://www.diveoz.com.au/aeui/

.Janne

ps. this is what three weeks without diving does to ya...
What works, works!
--Sheck Exley
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

That is absurd. ](*,)
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

now these guys are bored,,,silly and yep bored...LOL
Crazy pics Janne...
](*,)
TAKE only pictures,,, LEAVE only bubbles...
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

OH MY GOD :
thats to funny Ill bet these people are seeing a hole team of
Psychiatrists.

Janne you and Diver down are our offical news hounds I have decided
and by the way you cant refuse.

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
renaissancemanjoshua
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

This is older but.....

Post by renaissancemanjoshua »

If you think those guys are nuts, check out the guys at:

http://www.extremeironing.com/
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

???????????????????????????????????????
Am I missing something here Is this for real?? whats up with the ironing? Is that some sort of fetish, drag a iron and board all the way up a mountain? :pale:
Who run barter town?
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

DiverDown:

Yes they are for real . The Idea is to combine Your favorite Extream Sport with irning you lug your irn and board out to some ermote location and have your bud take a picture of you pretendeing to irn a shirt or pair of pants some thing

Not sure I see the atraction my self but I do think some of the photos are funnier then Hell

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

I dont know I cant understand the link between extreme sports and ironing!! Just seems kinda wierd to me..
Who run barter town?
da_jab
Aquaphile

Post by da_jab »

One thing I can't understand is that why diving is called an extreme sport? #-o
To me there is nothing extreme to it, it's more like a lazy sport, where you don't want to do anything extreme. Just stay underwater and take it easy, enjoy the scenery, the beautiful fish, that old mining tunnel that goes to the heart of the earth, under that thick block of nice n' cold ice.

Extreme sport my ( ! ) come on you marketing ppl.

.J
What works, works!
--Sheck Exley
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I agree, it doesn't seem that extreme once you know how to do it, especially drift diving. It's like watching tv.

I imagine the same could be said for skydiving to some degree. Falling, hanging out, falling.... :dontknow:
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Well I still dont get it but apparently people really like to do this????
London, England (Aug 30, 2006 18:37 EST) An Islington scuba diver has broken the extreme ironing underwater world record - for the second time.

Louise Trewavas, 39, who lives in Wallace Road, Canonbury, first set the record in 2003, when she ironed a T-shirt at a depth of 100 metres in the Blue Hole at the Red Sea resort of Dahab in Egypt.

But last month rival diver John Rudolph swam away with the title after managing to iron at 129 metres.

Not one to be outdone, Louise immediately started planning her next big dive and on August 17 she sank to new depths and reclaimed her world record with an outstanding display of ironing at 137 metres.

Despite her success, Louise, whose day job is as a press officer for CEA@Islington, the company which runs the borough's schools, insists extreme underwater ironing is just a bit of fun.

She said: "Extreme ironing is for people who do extreme sports but don't take themselves too seriously. A lot of people who do extreme sports are very serious about it but that's not what it's is about.

"I am more lighthearted about it. I don't want people to be afraid of scuba diving.

"Diving is about having fun, it's not about being a complete nutter."

"You can have fun in six metres and 60 metres. It's what you enjoy doing that's the really important thing."

When she's not competing for extreme underwater ironing titles Louise dedicates her time to saving divers lives.

The Blue Hole, where she set her record, is one of the world's most dangerous dive sites.

It is thought that up to 100 divers died there last year alone.

She said: "A group of us have been working on the Blue Hole project, creating a map of the site so that people know what to expect when they get in the water and don't make any silly mistakes.

"Too many people have died unnecessarily and we hope this will save some lives."
Who run barter town?