Redondo Sunday 12/28

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Re: Redondo Sunday 12/28

Post by Sockmonkey »

Sounder wrote:
Wrong. That would kill you. You probably use a black retractor too, eh? ](*,)
Umm why yes. Black retractors are compliant with all the tech diving acryonym soup religions.

Before we get too hijacked... did anyone else take photos yesterday?

-Eric
"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Joshua Smith wrote:Sigh. Here we go again. OK, Spat. Let's do this thing. Here's how it works:

We go down to 100'. And we sit there. First guy to ascend is a girly- man. The non-girly man, aka, the manly-man, gets to keep the pink retractor.

Bring it! :supz:
i guess you're going to want to use your rebreather for this one, wuss boy?
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Sounder wrote:But which split fin do you attach your Spare Air to?
the one with the pony bottle bracket on it. duh.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

seriousdiver_sm.jpg
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Sockmonkey wrote:Before we get too hijacked... did anyone else take photos yesterday?

-Eric
Too late, man...
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

spatman wrote:
You win! Your prize is an ass-less chocolate bunny!!
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Sounder wrote:
spatman wrote:
You win! Your prize is an ass-less chocolate bunny!!
dude, i'd rather have the earless one. we all know that bunnies with asses are the best.
Sheri
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Sheri »

I'd take either bunny, as long as its still chocolate.... :evil4:

Thanks to all for a great day of diving, as well all of your collective assistance in setting up the new bp/w.
Oh.. and for the scooter envy.

Joe, I'll try to find you the actual purchase price of a kidney. In my former life, I worked on a transplant unit, so there might be a chance there...
"Dude... When your IQ gets to 50, SELL!" - Grateful Diver
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

spatman wrote:
Joshua Smith wrote:Sigh. Here we go again. OK, Spat. Let's do this thing. Here's how it works:

We go down to 100'. And we sit there. First guy to ascend is a girly- man. The non-girly man, aka, the manly-man, gets to keep the pink retractor.

Bring it! :supz:
i guess you're going to want to use your rebreather for this one, wuss boy?

Dude, you're just lucky it doesn't want to use you. Seriously. It keeps breaking out of my dive-locker and tearing up the neighbor's lawns....it knocked up a lesser CCR a few blocks away, last summer.....and it totalled my wife's car 2 weeks ago. It won't talk to me any more, it just grunts and shrugs while it's raiding the fridge....It listens to music that sounds like 3 racoons being fed into a blender, slowly, but with LOTS of bass...I think I saw a huge new tatoo on its lower back yesterday when it was getting out of the shower....When I ask it where it's been, it just flashes gang-signs at me...This thing is out of control, I'm telling you.....I need to go on the Jerry Springer Show with it, or something...."Help! My Out of Control Meg Is Running My Life!"
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Joshua Smith wrote: Dude, you're just lucky it doesn't want to use you. Seriously. It keeps breaking out of my dive-locker and tearing up the neighbor's lawns....it knocked up a lesser CCR a few blocks away, last summer.....and it totalled my wife's car 2 weeks ago. It won't talk to me any more, it just grunts and shrugs while it's raiding the fridge....It listens to music that sounds like 3 racoons being fed into a blender, slowly, but with LOTS of bass...I think I saw a huge new tatoo on its lower back yesterday when it was getting out of the shower....When I ask it where it's been, it just flashes gang-signs at me...This thing is out of control, I'm telling you.....I need to go on the Jerry Springer Show with it, or something...."Help! My Out of Control Meg Is Running My Life!"
I didn't realize you had a 16-year old son named Meg ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Joshua Smith wrote:Dude, you're just lucky it doesn't want to use you. Seriously. It keeps breaking out of my dive-locker and tearing up the neighbor's lawns....it knocked up a lesser CCR a few blocks away, last summer.....and it totalled my wife's car 2 weeks ago. It won't talk to me any more, it just grunts and shrugs while it's raiding the fridge....It listens to music that sounds like 3 racoons being fed into a blender, slowly, but with LOTS of bass...I think I saw a huge new tatoo on its lower back yesterday when it was getting out of the shower....When I ask it where it's been, it just flashes gang-signs at me...This thing is out of control, I'm telling you.....I need to go on the Jerry Springer Show with it, or something...."Help! My Out of Control Meg Is Running My Life!"
this is what happens when you coddle and baby your meg all through it's childhood. no boundaries or respect are established early, so that when you try to assert yourself when they're older they just rebel.

my singles rig may look like a lil wimpy hp119, but i raised it right. it gets nothing but straight A's at school, does the household chores (dishes, laundry and the lawn) and even volunteers on off weekends at a local homeless shelter. no back-talking, always polite and a healthy respect for all adults is what make me safe and secure at 100'. last thing i want is my rig to bail on me to go chase some hot piece of Tusa BCD or to start some beef with a rival rEvo.

good luck, my friend. i hope your meg straightens out before it ends up in prison, under the watchful eye of Pez.
Last edited by spatman on Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

Pez7378 wrote:
BDub wrote:
Pez7378 wrote:That'll end up costing me a few thousand dollars no doubt. Thanks a lot BRIAN!
Don't thank me....thank JEANNA! :evil4:
Yeah sure, blame the wife......That story might work with Debbie, but NOT with ME BUDDY!!

Eh, what the hell. What am I worried about anyway, he won't buy a scooter............(thinking to myself)...."I wonder if NWSD has a layaway plan?....."

I am becoming a bit scooter curious myself lately....................... #-o and the scooteratosis infected SOB is sending me DIVEXTRAS CAVE scooterin videos!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAaaaagggghhhhh! :smt119
What the??? Hey Pez,... Wasnt this you???? LMAO!!! ](*,) :violent1:

<<<Samson, I hate to burst your bubble, or maybe it's envy talking but I've always referred to my friends with scooters as

"squeaky voiced, tip toe through the tulips, no kicking noodle leg wimpy little scooter invalids" :bootyshake:

They all know why I won't touch one. >>> :smt064

Glad to hear your comin around to the dark side!

Cory-
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

BUSTED! #-o Yep I said that.

But look,
Pez wrote:"squeaky voiced, tip toe through the tulips, no kicking noodle leg wimpy little scooter invalids"
This describes Joe perfectly! :laughing3: :laughing3:
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

spatman wrote:Good luck, my friend. I hope your meg straightens out before it ends up in prison, under the watchful eye of Pez.
**SIGH**

It's always the same 'ol story. Sad really, some of these kids never even had a chance.
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

spatman wrote: this is what happens when you coddle and baby your meg all through it's childhood. no boundaries or respect are established early, so that when you try to assert your self when they're older the just rebel......good luck, my friend. i hope your meg straightens out before it ends up in prison, under the watchful eye of Pez.
Actually, most young CCRs grow up to be fine outstanding breathing units. Unfortunately, when one suffers from long-term abuse and deviancy by its "Uncle Nailer" there is significant mental scarring and a young Meg is rarely, if ever, the same again..... :evil4:
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/