Redondo night dive--Sunday Jan 11th 2009

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Redondo night dive--Sunday Jan 11th 2009

Post by mz53480 »

Greetings!

My buddy and I are looking to do a 2-tank night dive at Redondo on Sunday, Jan 11th.
We'll be driving up from Olympia, and neither of us has been there before, so we're thinking of starting the 1st dive around 4:30pm for a 'twilight dive', then the 2nd dive would be a true 'night' dive.

We're both fairly conservative divers (looking to do no more than ~80-90fsw max depth).

Anyone interested to dive with us & show us around?

Thanks!

MZ
:fish:
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Re: Redondo night dive--Sunday Jan 11th 2009

Post by cardiver »

The deepest that you'll get is about 89 fsw if you go down to the carousel boat. Just swim out to the end of the pier on the south side and drop down to the large rope. Follow it down to the boat and then come back up the line to around 55 fsw. A few feet off the the west you'll see a large red bath tub on its side. Continue west and you'll see another couple of boats and a large pipe that usually has a fair amount of life under it.
If you search this site for a map of Redondo you'll find a very accurate one with headings that was put together by Chris Finley (cbfin) on the board.
http://www.pnwscuba.com/sitemaps/redondomap3.jpg
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Re: Redondo night dive--Sunday Jan 11th 2009

Post by BASSMAN »

If I wasn't working I would dive with you. But Cardivers advise is accurate and it is "Usually" a current free dive site.
Easy to see the up slope towards shore and there is some good guide ropes. Your time are "right on" you could actually start a little earlier. Car diver and I have found if you dive that site at dusk and then again at night it becomes a totally different dive. Even if you dive the same profile. :supz:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz: