Redondo Thursday @ 4pm?

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Redondo Thursday @ 4pm?

Post by cardiver »

Anyone up for a dive at Redondo tomorrow afternoon?
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: Redondo Thursday @ 4pm?

Post by Dusty2 »

I was thinking of doing one around 2PM. 4 would make it a night dive
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Dusty2 wrote:I was thinking of doing one around 2PM. 4 would make it a night dive
If you're going down looking for lumpsuckers, you WANT a night dive ... or at least, I've had better luck finding them at night. We hit the water around 5:30 yesterday ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

I work until 3pm
-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
Benoit
Aquaphile

Post by Benoit »

I can probably make it there by 4pm if you are looking for a buddy. I dove Redondo a few times but not as a night dive yet - that should be fun.
- Benoit.
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

see you at 4!
-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

OK you guys convinced me but keep in mind I am a lousy dive buddy so if you get another offer grab it. I am a photographer first, last, and foremost and frequently dive alone so I tend to be pretty independent unless I am diving with someone that I feel requires supervision. I have found that if two people with cameras dive together it sometimes gets pretty hard to stay together.

I am really surprised you said the Thursday word and we haven't hear from Bassman yet. :dontknow:
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

I'm only posting because he's taking this Thursday off.....
-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
Benoit
Aquaphile

Post by Benoit »

Thanks for the dive - that was fun!

Thanks also for forgetting such a critical piece of equipment (your SD card) - it made me feel much better about forgetting my little accessories (hood and gloves ](*,) ... thanks for TLSea for being nearby \:D/ )

I will probably post later in the gear forum about the new light.
- Benoit.
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

My SD card was stuck in the side of my laptop! #-o
It sure felt strange doing an hour dive and not taking ANY pictures.
It was nice to finally meet you, Benoit and feel free to join us on any Thursday dive!
-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Sorry I couldn't make it guys, I woke up this morning with a runny nose that made the day miserable.

I would have had an extra card for ya and gloves but alas no hood. I have forgot to put the card in my camera more than once. :crybaby: :crybaby: Sure ruins a dive. That's why there are a couple that reside in my consul now as well as an extra set of batteries and a charger. Like my signature sez, no camera no dive.
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

It wouldn't have done me any good as I turned on my camera at 35 fsw. :crybaby:
-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

cardiver wrote:It wouldn't have done me any good as I turned on my camera at 35 fsw. :crybaby:
Bad, bad, bad! Slap that boy's hands! [-X [-X [-X Camera is part of the basic equipment check upon entering the water. Life support, light, camera.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Dusty2 wrote:
cardiver wrote:It wouldn't have done me any good as I turned on my camera at 35 fsw. :crybaby:
Bad, bad, bad! Slap that boy's hands! [-X [-X [-X Camera is part of the basic equipment check upon entering the water. Life support, light, camera.
Boy o Boy... been there done that... :axe:

Ashamed to admit that it's been about 2 or maybe 3 times, including once in Bonaire :violent1: where I had downloaded pics after two dives and forgot to put the card back in the camera... :angryfire: :violent3: Again, I turn the camera on as I drop from the surface swim and, AAARRRGGGHHH.... #-o but by then it's too late. ](*,) At least I had the excuse of diving myself to the point of exhaustion but an excuse didn't make me any happier. :violent2:

Hopefully it won't happen again... and Dusty you are absolutely right!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

I have to admit I have been there more than once! Fortunately I do not do long surface swims. I usually drop as soon as I can and the camera goes on as soon as my head is underwater but that still doesn't guaranty I won't mess up and forget. In fact it's sort of a running joke between me and my regular dive buddy. He always asks if I have batteries in the camera and a memory card before we head down to the water. Of course I always counter with "is your suit zipper zipped? (private joke) Anyway I always try to remember to turn on the camera and check before I leave the truck. I'm gettin to old for those extra trips back to the truck. :naka: :naka:
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

she's probably going to kill me for posting this, but...

a few weeks ago Penopolypants and i and a few others we at redondo. just after we entered the water, about to swim out to the end of the research pier, P notices her camera housing strangely buoyant in the water.

that's when she remembered she had taken the camera out of the housing to bring to a new year's party... :evil4:
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

spatman wrote:she's probably going to kill me for posting this, but...

a few weeks ago Penopolypants and i and a few others we at redondo. just after we entered the water, about to swim out to the end of the research pier, P notices her camera housing strangely buoyant in the water.

that's when she remembered she had taken the camera out of the housing to bring to a new year's party... :evil4:
It's true, sometimes I can't brain, I have the dumb. :dontknow:
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

spatman wrote:she's probably going to kill me for posting this, but...

Nice! :supz:

Maybe it's not just us old guys... :rr:

Thanks for making me feel a bit better!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman