Long day

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Long day

Post by Maverick »

My day is finally over had a brutally busy day at work and now am done. I thought it would never end. Ahhhhhh I'm going to red robin for a beer and a burger. Anyone ever have days where it feels like it will never end and nothing goes how it should. oh my god it was so like that today. the stars were not in line in Lynnwood today. ](*,) everything is done and happy customers so all is good, now BJ needs BEER. :occasion5:
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Re: Long day

Post by DiverDown »

We all need to get together at the diamond knot soon at the muck! Beer and pizza! :occasion5:
Who run barter town?
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

:occasion5: I'm enjoying a nice cold ESB right now, but I need to go diving! I was thinking how I'd like to plan a Dive/Post dive Beer Day soon. Things have been a little weird everywhere lately.
BigFameOne
Compulsive Diver

Post by BigFameOne »

crap day here too, bottle of stella, a big salad and some show about truck stops. Things are already better.
"Cave is cave. Tech is when you can't get out when you want to."-LCF
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

BigFameOne wrote:crap day here too, bottle of stella, a big salad and some show about truck stops. Things are already better.
Truck stops? I KNEW IT! Some go camping... some hang out in truck stops.

It has been weird lately... the same weirdness around the holidays when everyone cranky and antsy and not diving... yet people are diving.

-Eric
"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog
BigFameOne
Compulsive Diver

Post by BigFameOne »

Sockmonkey wrote:
BigFameOne wrote:crap day here too, bottle of stella, a big salad and some show about truck stops. Things are already better.
Truck stops? I KNEW IT! Some go camping... some hang out in truck stops.

It has been weird lately... the same weirdness around the holidays when everyone cranky and antsy and not diving... yet people are diving.

-Eric
Some people. :crybaby:
"Cave is cave. Tech is when you can't get out when you want to."-LCF
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Well I have beat you all of the shittiest day ever. I found out today my fiance is going to New Zeland for 4 yrs for vet school. and school starts Feb 23, 2009. you do the Math. yeah so if you can top that you can just hang yourself now cus it ain't gettin better anytime soon.
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

STAIRS.
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

the night is getting better, JUST GOT MY NEW ISSUE OF ADM \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Maverick

STAIRS.
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

Maverick wrote:Well I have beat you all of the shittiest day ever. I found out today my fiance is going to New Zeland for 4 yrs for vet school. and school starts Feb 23, 2009. you do the Math. yeah so if you can top that you can just hang yourself now cus it ain't gettin better anytime soon.
Why dont you go with! It would be a sweet experiance and good diving! You could herd some sheep
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

sheahanmcculla wrote:
Maverick wrote:Well I have beat you all of the shittiest day ever. I found out today my fiance is going to New Zeland for 4 yrs for vet school. and school starts Feb 23, 2009. you do the Math. yeah so if you can top that you can just hang yourself now cus it ain't gettin better anytime soon.
Why dont you go with! It would be a sweet experiance and good diving! You could herd some sheep
can't I'm joined at the hip with my business. ](*,) ](*,) you don't think i thought of that already
Maverick

STAIRS.
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

Maverick wrote:
sheahanmcculla wrote:
can't I'm joined at the hip with my business. ](*,) ](*,) you don't think i thought of that already
Well in that case I am truely sorry! I could never imagine being away that long from someone I love.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Hang in there Mav! You poor Bastard. I was thinking she'd be going a little later in the year. :crybaby: I'm sure you'll be going to NZ at least once a year! Get ready for some hellacious phone bills!

I feel your pain though, Hopefully Mariette will be here by the end of the year. \:D/
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Ya I've been there BJ .. Because of the snow in december I couldn't get around and clean my clients pools. So my monthly income for Jan was 1600.00.. My child support payment is 1300.00 .. Then I had to pay sales tax to the DEPT of Revenue 8K.. Which I had saved in the bank thank goodness. So this month Hopefully I will be back to my reg monthly income. How would you like to be a car salesman right now ? Or being laid off from boeing , or microsoft ?
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Maverick wrote:
sheahanmcculla wrote:
Dude, they have cars in NZ.....

Seriously, get skype. At least that way you won't be running up the hellacious phone bills. Long distance sucks, I had to do it for only 2.5 years, and even that felt like a long time. It was worth it though.

Jake
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

we will use iChat, we both have macs with built in cameras :supz:
Maverick

STAIRS.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Skype is great. Computer-to-computer is free, and computer-to-phone is cheap (like 2.1 cents/minute when calling a US or Canada phone). I assume iChat is similar.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

yeah iChat is free99
Maverick

STAIRS.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Mav, look into this too. Mariette and I use it and she can call me anytime she has access to an internet connection. It's free and allows her to call me on my cellphone when I'm out running around.

http://www.icall.com/
lurch
Compulsive Diver

Post by lurch »

<--- girlfriend is 2700mi away

I second the skype.

I however do not second the Logitec quickcam 5000. ](*,)

She does too exist 'brewer! :violent3:
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

laivindil wrote:<--- girlfriend is 2700mi away

I second the skype.

Whatever dude. Why did you fold her and mail her 2700mi? :smt064
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Maverick wrote:
sheahanmcculla wrote:
BJ, this means that you have up to 4 years to think of a way to move there and be with her. I'm sure that John understands and will help you work it out. I know you guys just bought a house too, so that's tough, but hey - the rental market has picked way up since you bought the place.

Sometimes what appear to be the worst things happening in our lives turns out to be good things in the end. I know, much easier to tell someone that than to hear and live it yourself.

New Zealand IS one of the most amazing places in the world. They have cold water diving there and I'm sure that you can bring any form of auto detailing to the next level there, if you go that route.

Anyway, look at all the support you're receiving on this board. You have a lot of friends behind you.
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Calvin Tang wrote:
Anyway, look at all the support you're receiving on this board. You have a lot of friends behind you.
Thanks Calvin, I needed to hear that. I will be diving in the evenings alot because= otherwise i will be home board alone :violent2:
Maverick

STAIRS.
lurch
Compulsive Diver

Post by lurch »

Nwbrewer wrote:
laivindil wrote:<--- girlfriend is 2700mi away

I second the skype.

Whatever dude. Why did you fold her and mail her 2700mi? :smt064
She mailed herself. Told me she had a package she needed taken to USPS to be mailed. Said it was heavy.

Looking back in hindsight, the air holes should have been my first clue huh? #-o
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Hmmm... Anytime you want to break away and head South to dive you got a dive buddy down here in the South end.

And... have Cuppie take good notes on the diving. I want to dive New Zealand!!! (Only because I care and want to keep you all company, of course.)

And last, but not least, (I never thought I'd be saying this on this board, but...) Mav, I have a verse from the Torah for you:

"So Jacob served seven years to get Rachel, but they seemed like only a few days to him because of his love for her."
-Genesis 29:20

Hope this don't sound too sappy, but may the four years fly by in a flash for you because your love for Cuppie...

-Tom
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Tom Nic wrote:Hmmm... Anytime you want to break away and head South to dive you got a dive buddy down here in the South end.

And... have Cuppie take good notes on the diving. I want to dive New Zealand!!! (Only because I care and want to keep you all company, of course.)

And last, but not least, (I never thought I'd be saying this on this board, but...) Mav, I have a verse from the Torah for you:

"So Jacob served seven years to get Rachel, but they seemed like only a few days to him because of his love for her."
-Genesis 29:20

Hope this don't sound too sappy, but may the four years fly by in a flash for you because your love for Cuppie...

-Tom
Tom you the man, and a good friend too. Not to sappy considering the circumstances. Great quote
Maverick

STAIRS.