Bandito Boat Dive, Sunday 24 Sep

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Bandito Boat Dive, Sunday 24 Sep

Post by Pinkpadigal »

I have 6 spots available Sunday, 24 Sept for 2 tank boat dive at North Wall and the Barges. Boat leaves Johnny's Dock at 1pm. Anyone interested? Let me know ASAP so I can confirm your space.

Thanks,
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

what level divers? or what kind of dives are they profile-wise? single divers okay? also, what is the cost for the dives and air/nitrox tanks, or can we bring our own tanks? and what time would we return?

sorry; full of questions! :-)
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

North Wall? I've not heard of anything by that name can you orient me?

Cost?
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

I might want to get in on this one too- what's the cost?
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
neoerik
Avid Diver

Post by neoerik »

I have the same questions as thelawgoddess!
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

CaptnJack wrote:North Wall? I've not heard of anything by that name can you orient me?

Cost?
Point Defiance North Wall ... right at the point of the park, where Commencement Bay meets the Tacoma Narrows.

Very nice dive ... suitable for relatively new divers if timed right. When I DM'ed for Don Peterson, he used to do the final dive of his OW classes there.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

North Wall is a great dive! Did it as boat dive part of my AOW. Saw wolf eels and octos. Sounds like with Banditos, and is $75. Johnny's is Johnny's Seafoods dock down in Tacoma. Won't be in town, otherwise I would be interested.
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

Here are the details...

The charter is with Banditos and the cost is $75.

The 2 dives are Pt Defiance North Wall and Maury Island Barges. Both dives are easily done by newer divers. The max depth on both is 70 ft, but most of the cool stuff is between 45-60feet. I have an instructor who is teaching an AOW but for those of you who just want to dive, there is room for you.

I am sure we can find a buddy for you, Lawgoddess! No worries.

The boat leaves Johnny's Seafood Market on Dock street, in Tacoma at 1pm. My guess is that the boat will be back by 6pm. DO NOT LEAVE ANY VALUABLES IN YOUR CAR!!! Rick does post someone down there to watch cars but just to be safe, make sure all your stuff is locked up or left at home. There have been many posts on this forum and others about how theives are targeting divers.

PM me or give me a call at the store (253-840-3483) if you would like to go. I need to give Rick a final number by Thursday.
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com