$271 dollar fee to dive 100' Rock

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Re: $271 dollar fee to dive 100' Rock

Post by ljjames »

CaptnJack wrote:y.

If you cross at the legal crossing (albit derelict) by the marina entrance you'll have to jump from there. I have no idea how you'd get back out. I have only been to this site twice with Kruse but I am damned glad I have a boat.
Right, so if you CROSS at the marina (the legal crossing) and walk on the far side (the water side) of the tracks you are not illegally crossing the tracks, correct? (just curious)
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

I had the same question. I actually think some of the no trespassing signs belong to the marina though. Which means it still trespassing to cross there.

I'm tempted to write a letter to the city asking how to access that little park to the north. To the best of my knowledge you'd have to cross the tracks somewhere to get there, and I don't think there's any way to drive to it.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

We basically crossed right at the old marina entrance, and climbed down the rocks entering and exiting at the same location right next to the Marina dock.

I'm wondering about the residences that are all along the tracks. Do they have Legal beach access? If so, the only way to access those rights are to cross the tracks.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

I watched the video, but didn't see the snail/clam battle... or was that happening when the other group of divers was laying on the bottom and I just couldn't see it through the silt?
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

It seems the cameraman blew that footage. Let me tell you, it was cool. Apparently the little bitty snail, was chasing the little bitty clam for quite awhile. You could see the "tracks" in the sand.
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

ljjames wrote:Right, so if you CROSS at the marina (the legal crossing) and walk on the far side (the water side) of the tracks you are not illegally crossing the tracks, correct? (just curious)
I don't know the site, but this would work if you can walk parallel to the tracks and maintain more than a 50ft distance from them (If I remember correctly the ROW is 50ft either side).

Richard, you'll have to forgive my naivete. I grew up in a different culture. <sigh> We knew the guys at the rail office and at the F&W office, and at the sheriff's office. We all crossed the tracks or walked the ROW to get to the best hunting and fishing, and nobody was stupid enough to get hit by a train. And everybody was happy.
-Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

I think the bottom line is this. 100' Rock is a boat dive, unless your willing to risk a citation period.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

If I have a boat, WTF am I doing at 100' rock?
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

So I started off my lunch by watching the video...
I thought I had the right link but all I saw was an episode of "Girls Behaving Badly". :dontknow:

-Ben :evil4:

"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

airsix wrote:So I started off my lunch by watching the video...
I thought I had the right link but all I saw was an episode of "Girls Behaving Badly". :dontknow:

-Ben :evil4:

I can imagine a couple of those girls behaving very badly! :evil4:
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

When I was in college we used to have to walk for a few miles along the tracks to get to out favorit Quail hunting spot, and the F&W never gave us shit unless we bagged more thant he legal limit. which was never possible because there were four of us hunting and only so many w\quail.

all in all i htink it is a worth while site to dive and will continue to dive it.
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Maverick wrote:all in all i htink it is a worth while site to dive and will continue to dive it.
:supz:

-Ben
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

I called edmonds police dept today and spoke with one of the seargnts . He said as of last year its illeagle to trespass there cause its private property. Also he said there is a Huge problem there with teenagers drinking, and drug use. The neighbors are fed up with it too and there not happy. So He suggested to go to sno ho county records and get a writtin permission from the dock owners to have access to the beach. But then its illeag to cross the track from Burl North RR .. So that's what I learned today boys and girls ..
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

H20doctor wrote:I called edmonds police dept today and spoke with one of the seargnts . He said as of last year its illeagle to trespass there cause its private property. Also he said there is a Huge problem there with teenagers drinking, and drug use. The neighbors are fed up with it too and there not happy. So He suggested to go to sno ho county records and get a writtin permission from the dock owners to have access to the beach. But then its illeag to cross the track from Burl North RR .. So that's what I learned today boys and girls ..
That smells more to me like an issue of the property owners complaining than any issue BN has been having at the site. If the owners of the old marina will give you permission, then you're not trespassing on BN, because they have the rights to a legal crossing. Correct? I would assume that's the way it works. I have doubts that the property owners there are going to give you permission, because having you there under permission opens them up to some liability if you fall down the rocks, get hit by a falling board, whatever.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

All in all, we had a great dive.
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Well I just spoke with my friend who is an Edmonds Police and he said. the guy was just spreading his wings. he's new and hasn't had his ride along yet with EPD to show him areas of concern. they know he is new and out and about warning about citations. Crossing RR tracks is a grey zone, meaning not really leagal to cross tracks but, it is legal to access the beach. Water is public in the state of Wa he says. Just cross the tracks and get in the water, don't talk on the tracks or lay gear on the tracks or even cross to many times, don't run back and forth with gear. But most of all be quiet. the neighbors call the cops because there has been lots of drugs there in the past few months and that leads to playing chicken with the trains.

He has dove the site, not a huge fan of it, doesn't know why we even wanna dive it, but if we want to just chill. If he cites you he will never show up in court because the state will never pay him to show up in court to pursue a ticket for crossing tracks to dive. now if your poaching and crossing the tracks your FKUCDE and you better believe he will be in court to meet you.

As far as the letter he said he was waiting for from BNRR, bullshit. He is waiting for the EPD to have him on a ride along to show him his area of jurisdiction. BNRR could care less about people crossing the tracks, and never told anyone to enforce their tresspassing signs.

So basically the guy was beating his chest and playing mister cop because thats what he wanted to be and never made it into the academy. :laughing3: Dive there and be respectful like at other sites and if you see him, just be nice because he can cite you and waste your time because he is an authority with nothing else to do. :violent1:

Who wants to dive hundred foot rock. :supz:
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

STAIRS.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Great Video! =D>
I would like to dive 100 ft rock on some Thursday! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

How about this thursday?
Maverick

STAIRS.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Nwbrewer wrote:If I have a boat, WTF am I doing at 100' rock?
Yanno I have to agree with you there!

I have no idea where the legal crossing is. Its possible that the marina had a lease and its lapsed so there isn't anything legal there at all :dontknow: I tried looking for a crossing on Snohomish County's parcel mapper http://gis.co.snohomish.wa.us/maps/property/viewer.htm but I'll be damned if I can find the area. Seriously "no trespassing" at the marina probably applies to their crossing as much as it applies to BN right-of-way and you're just completely hosed trying to dive this from shore.

The poacher was damn lucky I didn't catch him!! :naka:
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Maverick wrote:Well I just spoke with my friend who is an Edmonds Police and he said. the guy was just spreading his wings. he's new and hasn't had his ride along yet with EPD to show him areas of concern. they know he is new and out and about warning about citations. Crossing RR tracks is a grey zone, meaning not really leagal to cross tracks but, it is legal to access the beach. Water is public in the state of Wa he says. Just cross the tracks and get in the water, don't talk on the tracks or lay gear on the tracks or even cross to many times, don't run back and forth with gear. But most of all be quiet. the neighbors call the cops because there has been lots of drugs there in the past few months and that leads to playing chicken with the trains.

He has dove the site, not a huge fan of it, doesn't know why we even wanna dive it, but if we want to just chill. If he cites you he will never show up in court because the state will never pay him to show up in court to pursue a ticket for crossing tracks to dive. now if your poaching and crossing the tracks your FKUCDE and you better believe he will be in court to meet you.

As far as the letter he said he was waiting for from BNRR, bullshit. He is waiting for the EPD to have him on a ride along to show him his area of jurisdiction. BNRR could care less about people crossing the tracks, and never told anyone to enforce their tresspassing signs.

So basically the guy was beating his chest and playing mister cop because thats what he wanted to be and never made it into the academy. :laughing3: Dive there and be respectful like at other sites and if you see him, just be nice because he can cite you and waste your time because he is an authority with nothing else to do. :violent1:

Who wants to dive hundred foot rock. :supz:
So can we scooter at EUP too? :bootyshake: :la:

Serious this is exactly the same, don't be a twit and its cool. Do stupid stuff like poach, lose your buddy, call for rescues from under the ferry or on the RR tracks, or antagonize the police and you get what you deserve.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

CaptnJack wrote:
I am just curious (not causing trouble) what would you have done if you caught him? :dontknow:
Maverick

STAIRS.
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

Maverick wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
I am just curious (not causing trouble) what would you have done if you caught him? :dontknow:

Take it away and have a good dinner
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

That was a question for our Captn' please. I really wanna know what Richard would have done to stop a poacher. #-o
Maverick

STAIRS.
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

sheahanmcculla wrote: Take it away and have a good dinner
Awesome!

D(B)
Kalatin
Dive-aholic

Post by Kalatin »

I'm with BJ in wondering what you should do. If you see a person at a dive site who is clearly poaching, what would you do?
Last edited by Kalatin on Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Another marathon, rush hour trek to foolishly compress myself and risk bodily harm and/or death to look at fishies!!! I love it!" - Casey B.
"The circle of life is a bitch when you're hungry." - Sockmonkey