Just a quick introduction

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Just a quick introduction

Post by trevorrowe »

I just wanted to say hi. I've been lurking the forum for a month or so now. I guess it is time I finally introduce myself. I'm the diver with the most clever/original handle. :evil4:

I've just finished my advanced open water certification. I've got about 30 dives under my belt and have been enjoying it very much. I've already met up with a few people from this forum to dive with (h20doctor, nwbrewer, jim t) and hope to meet many more of you.
jackieg
Amphibian

Re: Just a quick introduction

Post by jackieg »

Welcome to our world!
Where do you like to dive?
trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by trevorrowe »

I live in south Everett. So I've been mostly at Mukilteo, EUP. I've also done Alki Cove 1 & 2 (once each) but I'm looking forward to trying out many more sites.
billandwende
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by billandwende »

Welcome. I dive Sundays and Mondays. I usually Dive Redondo because it's easy. Fox Island because its my favorite. And Les Davis because there is good parking.

If you feel the need to dive Tacoma area locations let me know I'm always looking to dive. In fact I'm almost late for my dive today.

OK I' sorry the Les Davis comment was out of line. The parking is not that good.
"I seek out more experienced divers who are willing to dive with me, and I buy them beer." :snorkel:

"It was awesome until the point where Bono endorsed it." Fishstiq

"Anyone know a good direction to point me in so i can figure out exactly what i have?" kat
Chevayea
Compulsive Diver

Post by Chevayea »

Let me know if you want to try someplace new. I'm always happy to show someone around.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome to the board trevorrowe!
Looking forward to meeting and diving with you soon!
South end of course! Although I told H20 doctor I would come up there soon to EUP or something on one of my Thursday dives .
After I get back from Sitka!
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by trevorrowe »

billandwende wrote:Welcome. I dive Sundays and Mondays. I usually Dive Redondo because it's easy. Fox Island because its my favorite. And Les Davis because there is good parking.

If you feel the need to dive Tacoma area locations let me know I'm always looking to dive. In fact I'm almost late for my dive today.

OK I' sorry the Les Davis comment was out of line. The parking is not that good.
So where is / what is Les Davis and what is the deal with its parking (please excuse my ignorance)? I think this is the second time I've seen someone poking fun at it and I hate to not be "in the know" :evil4:
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

trevorrowe wrote:So where is / what is Les Davis and what is the deal with its parking (please excuse my ignorance)? I think this is the second time I've seen someone poking fun at it and I hate to not be "in the know" :evil4:
here's a couple links to info on les davis. i'm not sure what the beef is with the parking, though... :dontknow:

http://www.pnwscuba.com/directions.htm#lesdavis
http://www.theperfectdive.com/DEF-Site.asp?sID=21
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Welcome meng,
I dive every weekend without fail, so perhaps we can dive sometime.

Rick
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Welcome to our "Fruit and Nut Bowl". Have fun.
Charles
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Post by Ken G »

Hello and welcome to the club
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Welcome to the NUT AND BEAN BOWL too
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

trevorrowe wrote: So where is / what is Les Davis and what is the deal with its parking (please excuse my ignorance)? I think this is the second time I've seen someone poking fun at it and I hate to not be "in the know" :evil4:
Les davis is a, love it or hate it, dive site. On an ebb tide the vis is bad because of the Puallup River dumping in.
On a Flood tide, Vis is much better. And if you plan on diving it on a weekend or certain nights, the parking Lot fills up quickly with motor cycles or cars with thumping sterio systems.
Oh yeah, And you might have to duck behind your car to avoid some random gun fire. :evil4:
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

BASSMAN wrote:
trevorrowe wrote: So where is / what is Les Davis and what is the deal with its parking (please excuse my ignorance)? I think this is the second time I've seen someone poking fun at it and I hate to not be "in the know" :evil4:
Les davis is a, love it or hate it, dive site. On an ebb tide the vis is bad because of the Puallup River dumping in.
On a Flood tide, Vis is much better. And if you plan on diving it on a weekend or certain nights, the parking Lot fills up quickly with motor cycles or cars with thumping sterio systems.
Oh yeah, And you might have to duck behind your car to avoid some random gun fire. :evil4:
Not you too, Keith! Someone PLEASE tell me of a diver EVER being harassed, much less hurt, at Les Davis...... :violent1:
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Kalatin
Dive-aholic

Post by Kalatin »

I have been harassed at Les Davis. I will no longer dive there with only female buddies at night, which irks me because I do enjoy chick dives. Quite simply - there was too much crap tossed our way while gearing up to make the dive relaxing. I have never had a problem during the day or with some "muscle" along as a deterrent. And seriously - the guys who gave me crap in a parking lot should be scared of me on a bad day with 20 pounds of lead weights in my hand. Next time it is no more Ms. Nice Kate. :violent1:
"Another marathon, rush hour trek to foolishly compress myself and risk bodily harm and/or death to look at fishies!!! I love it!" - Casey B.
"The circle of life is a bitch when you're hungry." - Sockmonkey
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Kalatin wrote:I have been harassed at Les Davis. I will no longer dive there with only female buddies at night, which irks me because I do enjoy chick dives. Quite simply - there was too much crap tossed our way while gearing up to make the dive relaxing. I have never had a problem during the day or with some "muscle" along as a deterrent. And seriously - the guys who gave me crap in a parking lot should be scared of me on a bad day with 20 pounds of lead weights in my hand. Next time it is no more Ms. Nice Kate. :violent1:
Where was your ferocious canine companion? I'll take you on a night dive at Les any time, Kate. I promise that no one will bother you AND I'll zip your suit all the way!
-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

cardiver wrote:
BASSMAN wrote:
Not you too, Keith! Someone PLEASE tell me of a diver EVER being harassed, much less hurt, at Les Davis...... :violent1:
I definitely would not recommend that place at night and though I haven't been bothered but I have felt uncomfortable several times with all the gangers or wannabes hanging out there blasting their boom boxes, drinking and blocking off half the lot.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

cardiver wrote:I'll take you on a night dive at Les any time, Kate. I promise that no one will bother you AND I'll zip your suit all the way!
I have to admit my best dive at Les Davis,at night, was when Cardiver led the dive profile. =D> Underwater I think it is one of our better dive sites in the south sound area, if you know the site.
And I have not personally, been harassed there, but I've heard a few stories and have seen the kind of crowd it atracts on a Friday or Satuday night.
It's much better when diving there on a Thursday Night :smt064 :dontknow: hint,hint... :evil4:

"Seriously, How many of you knew that was going to come up?" :laughing3:
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

BASSMAN wrote:
cardiver wrote:I'll take you on a night dive at Les any time, Kate. I promise that no one will bother you AND I'll zip your suit all the way!
I have to admit my best dive at Les Davis,at night, was when Cardiver led the dive profile. =D> Underwater I think it is one of our better dive sites in the south sound area, if you know the site.
And I have not personally, been harassed there, but I've heard a few stories and have seen the kind of crowd it atracts on a Friday or Satuday night.
It's much better when diving there on a Thursday Night :smt064 :dontknow: hint,hint... :evil4:

"Seriously, How many of you knew that was going to come up?" :laughing3:[/quote]

So maybe we'll hit Les on a Thursday evening after you get back from Alaska.
-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
babs13
Dive-aholic

Post by babs13 »

Hola Trevorrowe. Welcome to the board!
Step 1: I have a diving problem.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

cardiver wrote: So maybe we'll hit Les on a Thursday evening after you get back from Alaska.
Works for me! :supz: