A question about mixed team diving

Re-learning buoyancy skills or have questions (or answers) about diving a CCR or SCR? The No Bubble Zone is the place to discuss rebreather diving.
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Re: A question about mixed team diving

Post by Maverick »

Mixed team diving has been going on for a long time, its only people who dive a specific way that believe they can't be mixed. there is really nothing to it, as long as the OC guy understands the CCr rescue.

Its actually really great the OC guy (Gal) has a problem the CCr guy hands of a full never touched bail out with a gas breathable at that depth, super nice to know you have a fresh bottle to breath on if you have ttrouble with your dubs.

on the other note the CCr guy has a problem they are comforted know they have a freakin' gas station right next to them to bail onto. I think it makes great sense and has never kept me from diving with a CCr buddy. I am an OC diver and love diving, i don't care if you have an Al80 on I'll dive with you, well if the profile fit the gas plan of their 80, just in case i need some. but you get my point, it really isn't that scarey, or anythign new. But if you need a guinea Pig hit me up, :smt024
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
loanwolf
Pelagic

Post by loanwolf »

As I stated before I am game. I love having OC with me on CCR dives. that is why we call them.

Mobile Bailout :partyman:

It is great as Maverick put it.
Greg
Life is Short do as Much as Possible in as Short of Period of Time as Possible.
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

ljjames wrote:to dredge up another thread, Leon (from innerspace AKA megalodon) and I are going to start working on this workshop. We should be in need of some crash test dummies in the next several weeks. We also hope to video it and make that available for the "open circuit buddy for the rebreather diver". The hope is to allow more mixed 'team' diving and less solo diving due to loss of buddies when making the switch to OC.

You guys in?
THIS is a very, very good idea! =D>
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

ljjames wrote:to dredge up another thread, Leon (from innerspace AKA megalodon) and I are going to start working on this workshop. We should be in need of some crash test dummies in the next several weeks. We also hope to video it and make that available for the "open circuit buddy for the rebreather diver". The hope is to allow more mixed 'team' diving and less solo diving due to loss of buddies when making the switch from OC.
do the crash test dummies need to be technical divers or will these exercises be within recreational depths?
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

ljjames wrote:to dredge up another thread, Leon (from innerspace AKA megalodon) and I are going to start working on this workshop. We should be in need of some crash test dummies in the next several weeks. We also hope to video it and make that available for the "open circuit buddy for the rebreather diver". The hope is to allow more mixed 'team' diving and less solo diving due to loss of buddies when making the switch from OC.

You guys in?
Let us know. Schedule permitting, I'm in.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

As if you need to ask.
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

Recreational at this moment in time...

spatman wrote:
do the crash test dummies need to be technical divers or will these exercises be within recreational depths?
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Since I started this, I think it only right that I follow through :-) Plus, I love learning stuff.

Schedule permitting (and it's really tight for the next six weeks or so) I'm in.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames