Weezle Extreme Question

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
RebreatherNut
Frequent Bubbler

Weezle Extreme Question

Post by RebreatherNut »

Hi all,

I would like to ask the guys and gals who dive a trilam drysuit with a Weezle Extreme, what other pieces of clothing ( such as t-shirts, sweat shirts, long johns, thermo fleece etc.) do you wear under your Weezle Extreme to stay warm for diving here in the PNW?

Thanks for your help.

RBN
"One minute to go, Luck-meister! Then I'll be down on you like a buzzard on a gut wagon." - ALF
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Re: Weezle Extreme Question

Post by John Rawlings »

At most, I wear a swimming suit and T-Shirt under my Extreme.....usually not even the T-Shirt. If you put a bunch of other stuff under the Weezle you will make it more difficult for it to "wick away" your sweat. The other garments will collect that sweat and keep it next to your skin, which will then tend to chill you....after all, that is the primary function of sweat.

Weezle makes some really thin "long underwear" type of garments, called Weezle "Skins", that are designed to work WITH the Weezle, adding warmth while wicking the sweat away from your body.

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Like John said- I wear as little as possible under it- usually just boxer shorts.
RebreatherNut wrote:Hi all,

I would like to ask the guys and gals who dive a trilam drysuit with a Weezle Extreme, what other pieces of clothing ( such as t-shirts, sweat shirts, long johns, thermo fleece etc.) do you wear under your Weezle Extreme to stay warm for diving here in the PNW?

Thanks for your help.

RBN
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

when i've worn a weezle i had a layer of polypropylene long underwear, top and bottom, and it keep me toasty warm. like john mentioned, wicking is important, which most synthetic long underwear will do.
Dmitchell
Perma Narc'd

Post by Dmitchell »

We'll I'm in a neoprene suit but it's still a shell.

I wear Patagonia Capiliene 3 pants and a Patagonia wool 3 shirt and occasionally, my 4th element vest.

DM
Dave Mitchell
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

I use a base layer of REI polypro, and a second layer of REI micro fleece.
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Post by Ken G »

Pez7378 wrote:I use a base layer of REI polypro, and a second layer of REI micro fleece.
Im using the same combo under my two piece Weezle Oxygen set with good success. Although Im thinking Im going to buy the Extreme + sometime in the near future for those extra cold dives.
loanwolf
Pelagic

Post by loanwolf »

[quote="Joshua Smith"]Like John said- I wear as little as possible under it- usually just boxer shorts.

[quote="RebreatherNut"]Hi all,

Josh that is a realy bad picture to leave us with on a friday.
Greg
Life is Short do as Much as Possible in as Short of Period of Time as Possible.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

I wear a thin top and bottom Poly pro that I found at Costco.(kind of a discount version of body armor) It makes sliding into the weezle a little easier and helps with wicking. I don't think it's needed to keep warmer.

A pair of shorts or swimtrunks work just fine. I love my Wezzle Extreme. :smt038
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
jackieg
Amphibian

Post by jackieg »

I wear the Weezle skin extreme in the winter, I also own the Weezle skin - both work well under the Weezle extreme jumpsuit. Also have the Weezle booties, and in the summer I wear only thong underwear (Rawlings...leave it alone)under the Weezle extrme (after all, the instructions tell you to wear "as little as you dare"). jackieg
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

jackieg wrote:....in the summer I wear only thong underwear (Rawlings...leave it alone) under the Weezle extrme (after all, the instructions tell you to wear "as little as you dare"). jackieg
Huh????? I learned my lesson! Of course I'll leave it alone! The last time I tried to snap your thong you got all KINDS of bent out of shape about it!
:penelope:
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong
thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong ththong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thongong thothong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thongng thothong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thongngthong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thongththong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thongthong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thongong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

John Rawlings wrote:
jackieg wrote:....in the summer I wear only thong underwear (Rawlings...leave it alone) under the Weezle extrme (after all, the instructions tell you to wear "as little as you dare"). jackieg
Huh????? I learned my lesson! Of course I'll leave it alone! The last time I tried to snap your thong you got all KINDS of bent out of shape about it!
:penelope:
:goodpost:
:rawlings: :wedgie: :rofl: :threadjacked: =D> :evil4:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Marc
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Marc »

I have on very rare occasion- longer than 2 hour dives- worn a mid weight REI polar fleece shirt under my weezle and stayed very warm. Under regular diving conditions, around an hour, no additonal insulation has been necassary.

Marc
Reporter: "The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?"

Raikkonen: "It protects my head."
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Burntchef wrote:thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong
thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong ththong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thongong thothong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thongng thothong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thongngthong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thongththong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thongthong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thongong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong
Howard, I'll never look at you the same way.... ever again.... :eek:
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Zen Diver 2 wrote:
Burntchef wrote:thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong thong
etc
Howard, I'll never look at you the same way.... ever again.... :eek:
even if he wears one of those thongs? :hearteyes: :huge:
jackieg
Amphibian

Post by jackieg »

John I DO remember that thong snap! Ouch! :supz:

However, will you still snap it if I lend it to Howard???? :confused:

Hm.... does WEEZLE make a thong do ya think? New ad promo for Hils?

jackie
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

jackieg wrote:John I DO remember that thong snap! Ouch! :supz:

However, will you still snap it if I lend it to Howard???? :confused:

Hm.... does WEEZLE make a thong do ya think? New ad promo for Hils?

jackie
This thread is useless without pics!

Well I can pass on Howard and :rawlings: in thongs :bored:
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.