My New Dive Buddy

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Dmitchell
Perma Narc'd

My New Dive Buddy

Post by Dmitchell »

Took my 12 year old son out for his first local dive today. We were planning on him starting around here this summer. Last night we had a class in the pool and I had him doing drysuit work. He did great and was jazzed so he asked if we could dive today.

The dive was short, 12 minutes 25 feet, he got cold so we bagged it. The water is about 33 degrees so, I wasn't surprised. He had a blast and is already looking for a new drysuit!

Funny, He's dove in Bonaire, Florida, and Mexico but this was his first at home!

Dave Mitchell
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Re: My New Dive Buddy

Post by Pez7378 »

Congratulations to the both of you! That's awesome!
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

nice :supz:
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Pretty cool, Dave! Teach him well. (Like I even need to tell you that.) I'm kind of jealous- we aren't going to have any kids, and I'm fine with that- but your post kind of tugs at the old heartstrings a little bit....
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Whoo Hoo! Buy him a Weezle!

I have to admit diving with my daughter when she got certified was great! :supz:
Too bad she has not given in to the addiction of Scuba.
I hope to get her back in the water, this summer, for a couple of dives :dontknow:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Dmitchell
Perma Narc'd

Post by Dmitchell »

BASSMAN wrote:Whoo Hoo! Buy him a Weezle!
Oh trust me, this kid will be decked out! We are already looking at options, The Medium suit he was wearing fits him OK but the feet are just about too small. So a new suit will be high on the list.

He's a wreckdiver at heart. Just needs a few more dives then I'll get him on some of the shallow 40' wrecks around here. Then in a couple years some of the bigger one's. I'm keeping him shallow for awhile just to be safe.

DM
Dave Mitchell
billandwende
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by billandwende »

Joshua Smith wrote:Pretty cool, Dave! Teach him well. (Like I even need to tell you that.) I'm kind of jealous- we aren't going to have any kids, and I'm fine with that- but your post kind of tugs at the old heartstrings a little bit....

If you change your mind I've got a 15 year old :joshsmith: daughter, who is open water certified, but is too cool to dive with dad. I'd be happy to lend you till she's out of college.
"I seek out more experienced divers who are willing to dive with me, and I buy them beer." :snorkel:

"It was awesome until the point where Bono endorsed it." Fishstiq

"Anyone know a good direction to point me in so i can figure out exactly what i have?" kat
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Congrats Dave!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman