Club Dive! Club Dive! Club Dive! March 28th

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Re: Club Dive! Club Dive! Club Dive! March 28th

Post by scottsax »

Are there any non-diver spouses/S.O.'s coming?
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

scottsax wrote:Are there any non-diver spouses/S.O.'s coming?
My gf is coming, she's a diver but won't be diving.
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Well done lurking :lurk: the posts and I did not see anyone saying CHICKEN I love me some BBQ chicken. And we can attach some raw chicken to (insert name) to attract a six gill. :smt064

I have my PADI advanced and 65 dives. I know Redondo pretty well so I can be considered an UPPER little buddy/big buddy. Can we get a new list of the WHO and WHAT(food) is coming? Did I mention I love chicken and how do I get the wife to cook a big portion of Chicken adobo? :boxer:
Jeff Castor
Dive 4 God
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Dive 4 God »

My hubby and I are coming (if I get over this stinking flu thing I have) and we'll bring hamburger buns and hot dog buns...is anyone bringing disposable utensils? We can bring those too....I'll send my hubby if I can't make it or I may just be shore support if I'm feeling better but not good enough to dive....

Trish :binkybaby:
--Trish
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

In no particular order
pogiguy05 wrote:And we can attach some raw chicken to Spatman to attract a six gill. :smt064
or,
pogiguy05 wrote:And we can attach some raw chicken to Fishstiq to attract a six gill. :smt064
or,
pogiguy05 wrote:And we can attach some raw chicken to Maverick to attract a six gill. :smt064
or,
pogiguy05 wrote:And we can attach some raw chicken to BDub to attract a six gill. :smt064
or,
pogiguy05 wrote:And we can attach some raw chicken to Penopolypants to attract a six gill. :smt064
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Pez7378 wrote:And we can attach a Pez covered in raw chicken to a piling near the boat launch to attract a six gill. :smt064
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

spatman wrote:
Pez7378 wrote:And we can attach a Pez covered in raw chicken to a piling near the boat launch to attract a six gill. :smt064
What makes you think that a sixgill would find Pez disguised as a chicken attractive?

I suspect about the only thing he'd attract would be Joe ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Grateful Diver wrote:
spatman wrote:
What makes you think that a sixgill would find Pez disguised as a chicken attractive?

I suspect about the only thing he'd attract would be Joe ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Ya know, I think you might be on to something there Bob. The more I treat him like crap, the more he latches onto me. I've had girlfriends like that. Well, I wanted them to be Ex girlfriends, but they just didn't get it. :dontknow:
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

OK talk to the BOSS (wife) and she will make either or both PANCIT or LUMPIA. We have LUMPIA but it is kinda scheduled for a fund raiser for my sons school. However, what is not sold will get cooked and brought.Unfortunately 9am is to early so I will be there asap that morning. Those who know Filipino food if you want I can bring some store bought BALUT if you feel up to it. :evil4: :neener: :nervous: :rofl: :vom:
Jeff Castor
BillZ
Aquanaut

Post by BillZ »

pogiguy05 wrote:OK talk to the BOSS (wife) and she will make either or both PANCIT or LUMPIA. We have LUMPIA but it is kinda scheduled for a fund raiser for my sons school. However, what is not sold will get cooked and brought.Unfortunately 9am is to early so I will be there asap that morning. Those who know Filipino food if you want I can bring some store bought BALUT if you feel up to it. :evil4: :neener: :nervous: :rofl: :vom:

LUMPIA! LUMPIA! LUMPIA!
I lived in the Philippines for a year in the early 90's and It's tough to find good Lumpia in the states.

Balut would be great but since we're diving I dont think I'll have enough liquid courage to eat one. :vom:
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

pogiguy05 wrote:OK talk to the BOSS (wife) and she will make either or both PANCIT or LUMPIA. We have LUMPIA but it is kinda scheduled for a fund raiser for my sons school. However, what is not sold will get cooked and brought.Unfortunately 9am is to early so I will be there asap that morning. Those who know Filipino food if you want I can bring some store bought BALUT if you feel up to it. :evil4: :neener: :nervous: :rofl: :vom:
I'm pretty sure I don't need balut-if I want to see someone :huge: through their reg, I'll dive with Joe more! :smt064

(Actually, I've never witnessed that, that's purely anectdotal information. But if anything was going to make you hurl underwater, balut would do it!)
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

pogiguy05 wrote:We have LUMPIA:
LUMPIA! :eek:

Wow this event just got a whole lot better! :supz:

Too bad I have to be sleeping during the Day :banghead:

I finally found a place that serves Lumpia! It's in the Freight House Square! :supz:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
MrsDiverBob
Avid Diver

Post by MrsDiverBob »

DiverBob and I will be there, with Bonser (or Bonsette as TomNic likes to call her!), canopy, and frog eye salad! :looking: If we can fit a couple of extra chairs in, we'll bring those too! Can't wait!!
trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by trevorrowe »

I only know a few people from the boards, but I'd love to come and meet more. I suppose I would count as a little buddy as well. But I can make up for that with something to share that is tasty.
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Diane and I will be up for Saturday. (She will be there for surface support only) Will make one longggggggggggggg day. I had wanted to come up for two days but just can't make it that long. For some reason I had never dove there yet. Looking forward to it. See you all there.
Charles
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Aquanautchuck wrote:Diane and I will be up for Saturday. (She will be there for surface support only) Will make one longggggggggggggg day. I had wanted to come up for two days but just can't make it that long. For some reason I had never dove there yet. Looking forward to it. See you all there.
awesome, it'll be nice to finally meet you. ironic that we both drive to redondo from portland to do that, though. :der:
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

We will most likely have some NEW NWDC swag at this club dive, and I'm not talkin t-shirts. :breakdance:

Bring a $10 bill if interested. :smt051

(these will also be available at the Dive Expo)
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Tangfish wrote:We will most likely have some NEW NWDC swag at this club dive, and I'm not talkin t-shirts. :breakdance:

:partydance: :bounce: :partydance: :bounce:
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Tangfish wrote:We will most likely have some NEW NWDC swag at this club dive, and I'm not talkin t-shirts. :breakdance:

Well, I'll have to miss BOTH days this weekend due to work :ballandchain: but hold some "sway" aside for me too!

-Valerie
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Zen Diver 2 wrote:

Well, I'll have to miss BOTH days this weekend due to work :ballandchain: but hold some "sway" aside for me too!

-Valerie
Sure, I will save some "sway" for ya! :roll:
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Tangfish wrote:
Zen Diver 2 wrote:
hold some "sway" aside for me too!

-Valerie
Sure, I will save some "sway" for ya! :roll:
:rolleyes: sheesh, I can't believe I did that.......

Actually, "sway" is Canadian for "swag".... yeah, that's it....
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Here's the latest update:

Penopolypants - BBQ in a subaru, ketchup, mustard, mayo, coffee, tea, tables, grill, etc.
Spatman
Pez
Bassman
oregondiver - BBQ, sodas
Tom Nic - hot dogs
Selkie - "gas management" taco salad
Diverbob and Mrs. Diverbob - Frog eye salad
Scubagirl45 - soda/capri sun
Tangfish - broccoli salad
Grateful Diver - cookies/brownies
Scottsax
CaptnJack
Bob - BBQ, plates and cups, hamburgers/brats and buns
Dive4God - hamburger and hotdog buns, disposable utensils
Ordive - weenies and buns
Fishstiq
Burntchef
E_mo
Elisaboo - chocolate
Aquadoc
Kalatin - Baked Beans
Bdub
Edge
Kat - sugary deliciousness
Babs - pesto chicken salad
Billz - potato salad, gatorade
Pogiguy - pancit or lumpia
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
E_Mo
Aquaphile

Post by E_Mo »

Put me down for a dessert, I don't cook, and neither does my wife.... so it's looking store bought

Or made from scratch... I went to the store, bought it and scratched the package open
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Unknown
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Looks like I may be shore support this week-end ... tweaked my back last night and right now it hurts so bad I can barely walk.

I'm hoping it'll clear up for the week-end, but if I gotta use my vicaden for anything it's gonna be the two class dives I have on Saturday and Sunday afternoons ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Zen Diver 2 wrote: Actually, "sway" is Canadian for "swag".... yeah, that's it....
I thought that "sway" was that sauce you dip "Tuna Blasters" into up in Canada....
:smt064 (An inside Canuck joke for anyone wondering.....)
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/