sat 4\4 tolmie

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
kat
Extreme Diving Machine

sat 4\4 tolmie

Post by kat »

today we had our dpv class. our instructor asked where we wanted to go and we piped up with TOLMIE! ooh an opportunity to avoid the most insane surface swim out there!
we got in at about 11.00, visibility was great as we swam\were dragged out. let me tell you, even with the little scooter that is one mean swim! about 25 minutes later we were to the buoy. another 5 minutes to catch our breath and we were off!
unfortunately once off the flats vis dropped to about 10 ft. we checked out 2 of the barges, one is huge (at least as far as i am concerned) and we saw lots of neat stuff.

the list... big sea cucumbers(again at least to me) little white sea pens, big orange sea pens, pile perch, anemones, a funny skinny little crab that thought he was 10 ft tall, and more sand dollars than you can shake a stick at.

the second dive we spent goofing around and oogling the sand dollars on the flats. we saw more sand dollars than you could shake a tree at. holy sand dollars batman! we also saw a hermit crab, oysters, and i watched a minuscule sand colored fish bopping about. couldn't see well enough to give a very good description, but very skinny, and very small. you could barely make it out if it stopped moving. 25 minutes at 6 feet before my scooter died.

definitely a dive worth doing, from a boat.
"As long as you get everything tucked into your pants, you are good to go." -wasp7000
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: sat 4\4 tolmie

Post by Tom Nic »

Nice report Kat - thanks for sharing!

I've been wanting to do these barges - but only as a boat dive.

A certain dive buddy of mine who shall remain nameless actually did 2 or 3 dives here as a SHORE dive!?! Been questioning his sanity every since...
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

I would do this dive, even with the long surface swim(I would bring my snorkle).
I just need to find some one who wants to do it on a Thursday. :dontknow: :smt064
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Tom Nic wrote:Nice report Kat - thanks for sharing!

A certain dive buddy of mine who shall remain nameless actually did 2 or 3 dives here as a SHORE dive!?! Been questioning his sanity every since...
You mean Bill? :zots:
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Yes Bil!! and more than one time! :tomatoe:
He must have liked something about it :wedgie:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

cardiver wrote:

Hey! I said he shall remain nameless! :seesaw:
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

Tom Nic wrote:
cardiver wrote:

Hey! I said he shall remain nameless! :seesaw:
"For the purposes of this post, I'll call him ... 'Bill'!"

Nice post Kat! I look forward to more of these, and then your Honduras reports, too!
:partyman: This is my favorite smiley!!

CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
kat
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by kat »

cool! when am i going to Honduras? :dontknow: i will need to put in for time off. sounds fun though.
"As long as you get everything tucked into your pants, you are good to go." -wasp7000
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

LOL
:pinch:

I'm so sorry, Kat - I got confused on my emails!

Tell you what - come to Roatan on May 16th, then, and you can dive with Matt and me. How about that?
:partyman: This is my favorite smiley!!

CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
kat
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by kat »

sounds great! all inclusive right?
today we went to sund rock with wayne. it was loads of fun, i will put a trip report up when i get home tonight, or tomorrow if i am too pooped.