Day Island & Sunrise Beach 4-17-09

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Day Island & Sunrise Beach 4-17-09

Post by BASSMAN »

:bounceline: :bounceline: :bounceline: :bounceline: :bounceline: :bounceline:
Had two great dives! :supz:
1st dive:
DiverBob, Mrs. DiverBob,Lurker,cardiver, rjarnold and me
Splashed At 6:40 am at Day Island. Swam out to the wall and saw one of the resident Wolf ELL's right away!
I think he along with the other Wolfies, we encountered, were either looking for food or just thought cardiver's camera looked threatning (sp?) on at least two ocasions, The Wolf ELL's came out at cardiver and tried to bite his camera. :smt119
At one point there was one that was completely out in the open for awhile and when he went back into his hole he would snap at just about anything we dropped in front of him. At one point, we offered up a small California Sea Cuke and after a little chewing, he spit it out, like it was not something on his menu. We did not see as many Wolf EEL's or Octo's as usual but it was still a great dive I hope some will post pictures soon.

2nd Dive:
DiverBob, Mrs. DiverBob,Lurker,Kirby,cardiver, rjarnold and me
Splashed at 10:am at Sunerise, kirby and Lurker went in as a team a little ahead of us. Current was very calm and when there was current, it was almost allways, going in the direction we wanted it too! As soon as we dropped we saw an incredible amount of color and Scallop's every where! Again it was a textbook dive and there was plenty to see, so I hope you all get a chance to see some of the pictures posted from cardiver,DiverBob and rjarnold, all who were taking pictures.
I have not included a whole lot of details because the pictures will tell so much more. And as tired as I am tonight, here at work, I might have some of the details mixed up between the two dives. We just had a great day of diving.
Thanks to all who was there for todays diving. :clap:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
rjarnold
Submariner

Re: Day Island & Sunrise Beach 4-17-09

Post by rjarnold »

Lophiiformes rock.

"Anal fins are a gateway drug." - Tom Nic
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Ooh, I love that first scallop shot! They aren't something you see people take pictures of very often, yet they're so pretty and so unusual, with their glittering eye spots. And you got the color in the mantle, too!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Here are a few more pics. Unfortunately, I don't have pics of the tear down and re assembly of the honey bucket at Sunrise......
Attachments
CIMG2074.JPG
CIMG2113.JPG
CIMG2099.JPG
CIMG2076.JPG
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
rjarnold
Submariner

Post by rjarnold »

What tear down and reassembly... I don't know what you're talking about :lalala:

How deep was the sea pen at?
Lophiiformes rock.

cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

rjarnold wrote:What tear down and reassembly... I don't know what you're talking about :lalala:

Right when we dropped over the wall at Day Island.
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

cardiver wrote:
rjarnold wrote:What tear down and reassembly... I don't know what you're talking about :lalala:

Yeah, That was like the only Sea Pen, 12+ inches tall. I pointed it out to cardiver and he "shot it".

Nice pictures! =D>

That first picture caught some of the great colors, that was there, for the entire dive! :supz:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
rjarnold
Submariner

Post by rjarnold »

BASSMAN wrote:
cardiver wrote:

Yeah, That was like the only Sea Pen, 12+ inches tall. I pointed it out to cardiver and he "shot it".

Nice pictures! =D>

That first picture caught some of the great colors, that was there, for the entire dive! :supz:
Aww, wish I'd seen it!
Lophiiformes rock.

Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

Great shots and report!! Wish I could have joined you!