Aquadoc

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
Aquadoc
Frequent Bubbler

Aquadoc

Post by Aquadoc »

I have a couple dives under my belt. I am no stranger to Black water. From the swamps of FL to UXO disposal and Shark dives in the AIR CLEAR waters of Kwajalein Atoll. I Prolly don't know the things Chatterton knows BUT I have been to 225 on air. YES on purpose. Mil Certs: CDQC CDMT MK25,SL17K, KM37, DEMO,NO2,USD Tech, Kirby Morg Tech, Those that don't know those when I dive with you I will explain.
No Bill I was not trying to :bow: wow you Sat just wanted to let you know I wanted to talk shop a lil. My Civi certs are Naui OWI,II PutAnotherDollarIn Rescue DANO2, CHT, IANDT NO2. I will be wantin to dive soon so here I am.
DOC
Cowards never start...The weak never finish Less than 1% enough said.
For every beautiful woman out there, there is a man completely fed up with her sh#!1!
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Re: Aquadoc

Post by DiverDown »

Welcome!! :bounceline:
Who run barter town?
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

All those letters and stuff are about as intimidating as the CIA,ATF,FBI,BOP,and WDOC. I have no idea what all that means. I'm guessing that UXO is UnExplodedOrdinance but that's just a guess.

I'm way up here in the Northend Doc, but I'd advise you to come on down to the Club dive in two weeks. It's a great way to get to know everyone, and get some dives in with folks you might like to dive with on a more regular basis. Plus, there is usually tons of potato chips, Burgs and Dogs, drinks etc. Just show up there at Redondo in the AM. Look for the folks wearing the NWDC T-shirts and introduce yourself. It's best to find Sounder first, if he's there. He knows almost everyone and would be more than happy to introduce you around. He's kind of like our version of the Wal Mart Greeter. If you can't find him, look for Spatman. He pretty much looks like this: :spatman:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Pez7378 wrote:It's best to find Sounder first, if he's there. He knows almost everyone and would be more than happy to introduce you around. He's kind of like our version of the Wal Mart Greeter.
I'm not sure if that is a compliment or an insult... and, knowing you, it's likely both!!

I, unfortunately, will not be attending the club dive - I'll be slinging Liquivision-crack in New York. Spatman :spatman: will be there as will everyone else. Look for lots of people in dive gear spending an amazing amount of time "gearing up" with loud laughter, funny jokes, a scrawny white dude jumping around making Mario Bros. noises on his phone, and a few pop-tents. If you can find that, you'll have found the crew. Other land marks - a huge green Sprinter van, an orange/gray Honda Element, several Subarus, a gray Dodge suv, and one REALLY feminine-looking white wannabe-suv "because it was cheap" kinda Buick or Pontiac or something-er-other.

With love,

Your friendly NWDC "Walmart greeter" guy
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

:angelblue:
Aquadoc
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Aquadoc »

Ja the Initials are silly BUT There are some Prior Mil Guys on here that will understand and for those that are interested I will chat about them on occasion. I dove in HI with a couple of guys one my Boss Army ENG Diver and Civ Super Techie geek Last I talked to him he was goin to 325 to get some brass off a ship in the keys or sumpin. My other buddy was only Civ Super duper techie geek qualified BLUFF they were both really good in the water and I could trust them with my life @ 190. The other one is a breath holder mainly but also Army ENG Diver also very good BUT like me has no desire to punch down 300+ to see nothing or bring up some treasure. We Are in it for the HUNT and the sight seeing. A lot of guys I know will not dive with Civ Guys unless they have billion dives and DM/MD certs. I find that a bit silly BUT I have seen some guppies freak the F out at 50 and bolt to the surface so whatev. I myself will hang back and get on boards like this listen to the chatter and scope peps out before i decide. As a favor one time I went out to DM for a shop in Fl I nearly punched a client in the throat so I will NEVER do that again without sitting in on the class and meeting everyone B4 hand. It was funny in FL my team would go to the local guppy training AO and pick up gear if we were feeling generous we would try to give it back to the shop (If marked). The shop we moonlighted for doing maint and rebuilds for would always get his gear back LOL ANYWAY I plan on going on the 28th so I will meet a few of you. Till then....I am lead diver here.

For every beautiful woman out there, there is a man completely fed up with her sh#!1!
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Aquadoc wrote:Ja the Initials are silly BUT There are some Prior Mil Guys on here that will understand and for those that are interested I will chat about them on occasion. I dove in HI with a couple of guys one my Boss Army ENG Diver and Civ Super Techie geek Last I talked to him he was goin to 325 to get some brass off a ship in the keys or sumpin. My other buddy was only Civ Super duper techie geek qualified BLUFF they were both really good in the water and I could trust them with my life @ 190. The other one is a breath holder mainly but also Army ENG Diver also very good BUT like me has no desire to punch down 300+ to see nothing or bring up some treasure. We Are in it for the HUNT and the sight seeing. A lot of guys I know will not dive with Civ Guys unless they have billion dives and DM/MD certs. I find that a bit silly BUT I have seen some guppies freak the F out at 50 and bolt to the surface so whatev. I myself will hang back and get on boards like this listen to the chatter and scope peps out before i decide. As a favor one time I went out to DM for a shop in Fl I nearly punched a client in the throat so I will NEVER do that again without sitting in on the class and meeting everyone B4 hand. It was funny in FL my team would go to the local guppy training AO and pick up gear if we were feeling generous we would try to give it back to the shop (If marked). The shop we moonlighted for doing maint and rebuilds for would always get his gear back LOL ANYWAY I plan on going on the 28th so I will meet a few of you. Till then....I am lead diver here.

Cool photo! But I think you might have found the wrong forum!
Who run barter town?
Aquadoc
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Aquadoc »

In fact I met my Civi dive buddy while I was in Germany and he was in HI on another dive board. When I got to HI I was in the commissary and some dude walked up to me and said " Hey arent you Aquadoc" I was a bit shocked but the rest as they say is history. It was funny to meet a dude I had been talking bout diving with "One day" Then getting stationed together and becoming the Diving Bromance as our Ladies call us :rofl: His girl went out an got OWI I swear it was so she could get between us LOL :uh:
Aquadoc
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Aquadoc »

DiverDown wrote:
Aquadoc wrote:Ja the Initials are silly BUT There are some Prior Mil Guys on here that will understand and for those that are interested I will chat about them on occasion. I dove in HI with a couple of guys one my Boss Army ENG Diver and Civ Super Techie geek Last I talked to him he was goin to 325 to get some brass off a ship in the keys or sumpin. My other buddy was only Civ Super duper techie geek qualified BLUFF they were both really good in the water and I could trust them with my life @ 190. The other one is a breath holder mainly but also Army ENG Diver also very good BUT like me has no desire to punch down 300+ to see nothing or bring up some treasure. We Are in it for the HUNT and the sight seeing. A lot of guys I know will not dive with Civ Guys unless they have billion dives and DM/MD certs. I find that a bit silly BUT I have seen some guppies freak the F out at 50 and bolt to the surface so whatev. I myself will hang back and get on boards like this listen to the chatter and scope peps out before i decide. As a favor one time I went out to DM for a shop in Fl I nearly punched a client in the throat so I will NEVER do that again without sitting in on the class and meeting everyone B4 hand. It was funny in FL my team would go to the local guppy training AO and pick up gear if we were feeling generous we would try to give it back to the shop (If marked). The shop we moonlighted for doing maint and rebuilds for would always get his gear back LOL ANYWAY I plan on going on the 28th so I will meet a few of you. Till then....I am lead diver here.

Cool photo! But I think you might have found the wrong forum!
Hows That???? Am I not allowed to post photos of myself here?????Did you read the thread??
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

The photo is cool, your report come across as a little arrogent. :dontknow:
Who run barter town?
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

We get it, Aquadoc...You were (or are) sf. This isn't a military board and bashing civilian divers won't get you very far...... :snipersmiley:
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

7.8ATA on 1.64ATA PO2 sans He is reminiscent of my 21st.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Not intended to run you off Doc, but here is a link where you can find a lot of current and former Military Divers. I've only met one guy who was involved in Diving for the Army and he's a pretty cool customer. Before that, I thought all the military divers worked for the Navy!
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Sounder wrote:7.8ATA on 1.64ATA PO2 sans He is reminiscent of my 21st.
:rofl:
Who run barter town?
Aquadoc
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Aquadoc »

hmm not sure where I was being arrogant. Maybe I should re read this thread
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Aquadoc wrote:hmm not sure where I was being arrogant. Maybe I should re read this thread
If you havent been around for awhile in this board, you probably didnt notice that we like to discuss diving and agencies in a altruistic manner. Sure topics get off hand and the ocasianal flame up happens. I would encourage you to look at other threads within this group. There is a diverse group here that like to keep things civil. That is what makes this board different from others. We (nwdc) like to keep disscusion about diving,training,photo,dir,nondir,etc basicaly its about learning and information. The best thing about this site is we can all get together and dive with each other. Several threads are devoted to that. I would, and everone else would encourage you to stay and be productive to this site. Just remember we all learned from differant agencies and we can all learn from those that have input. Welcome to NWDC.. :thumb3d:
Who run barter town?
Aquadoc
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Aquadoc »

cardiver wrote:We get it, Aquadoc...You were (or are) sf. This isn't a military board and bashing civilian divers won't get you very far...... :snipersmiley:
Was it the part where I said I think it is silly how some MIL Divers won't dive with civis???? Perhaps it was when I said one of my main dives buddies is a civ Super techie geek that I have a dive Bromance with. OR MAYBE it was the Guppy ref. What most guys I know call new divers. Hmm pretty arrogant to poke fun at the initials I used to name the training I have had but it is OK for peps to throw out the NAUI PADI DUI DWW DRI IANDT ECTECTECT Perhaps it was the joke on me saying I MAY NOT know SOME of the stuff a legend like Chatterton knows Hmm OR maybe some people addressed me with blind assumptions due to a past experience. So Cardiver before you get your panties in a bunch perhaps you should take a knee, drink some water, read the thread fully before you jump to conclusions about what I AM THINKING OR DOING.
So I will say it strait and again. I am new here. I chose to dive with someone based on talking to them, hearing about what they have done as far as how they like to dive what they like ect, and meeting them NOT who taught them, what Joe said about Sally, or some reputation.
Last edited by Aquadoc on Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aquadoc
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Aquadoc »

Maybe This a more appropriate PIC less uh arrogant. First Sea Snake I met.

Sorry I'll get over it in a minute, just really don't care for peps telling me how I think. :blackblink:
Aquadoc
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Aquadoc »

Sounder wrote:7.8ATA on 1.64ATA PO2 sans He is reminiscent of my 21st.
225 on air Sounds so much cooler when one applies Daltons Law :laugh: It was a mistake turned necessary BUT hey we are alive and well so....
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Aquadoc wrote: I chose to dive with someone based on talking to them.
That's how most of us choose to dive with someone. You can tell a lot about someone by what they say.
Aquadoc wrote: what Joe said about Sally, or some reputation.
Speaking of "bromance," it's "Chris," not "Sally." Don't worry about that though - happens all the time.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

:seesaw: :dontknow: :kissing: :dontknow: :boxer: :lurk: :snorkel:
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Aquadoc
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Aquadoc »

I thought all the military divers worked for the Navy!

I get that all the time from Army Cats. One of my new boss' ,the highest rank an Enlisted guy can get, did not know there were even DMTs. ANYWAY Yup we exist. I know SCUBABOARD TNX
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Post by Ken G »

Welcome to the club Aquadoc
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

Ken G wrote:Welcome to the club Aquadoc
Ditto.

D(B)