Dive and Travel Expo

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
bob
Avid Diver

Re: Dive and Travel Expo

Post by bob »

I showed up with family in tow on saturday had a great time !!! how about the viz inthe pool pretty 8" wow !
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

airsix wrote: That guy is more elusive than a sixgill....I've still never actually seen him in person. He's my monolith. I keep hearing he exists, but to date there has been no actual physical evidence....
I went diving with him at octo hole on Friday, had breakfast with him on Sat. morning, stood in line w/ him on Sat. for the expo. I'll get you an autograph for $10. Cash only.... :biggrin:

MZ
:fish:
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
Curt McNamee
Dive-aholic

Post by Curt McNamee »

bob wrote:I showed up with family in tow on saturday had a great time !!! how about the viz inthe pool pretty 8" wow !

Yes, unfortunatley the convention center maintenance personel shut the pool pump and heater off Friday night so it did not have a chance to do its job before Saturday show time. On Sunday it was fine, next year we will make sure the pool is ready to go on Saturday.

We did get some people in the pool trying out rebreathers on Sunday :-) :smt038
Curt McNamee
rEvo & KISS Classic Diver
http://www.silentscuba.com
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Curt McNamee wrote:
bob wrote:I showed up with family in tow on saturday had a great time !!! how about the viz inthe pool pretty 8" wow !

Yes, unfortunatley the convention center maintenance personel shut the pool pump and heater off Friday night so it did not have a chance to do its job before Saturday show time. On Sunday it was fine, next year we will make sure the pool is ready to go on Saturday.

We did get some people in the pool trying out rebreathers on Sunday :-) :smt038
I thought the pool water was very realistic on Saturday. It looked like we had Puget Sound vis on Sat, and Tropical vis on Sun.
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

mz53480 wrote:
airsix wrote: That guy is more elusive than a sixgill....I've still never actually seen him in person. He's my monolith. I keep hearing he exists, but to date there has been no actual physical evidence....
I went diving with him at octo hole on Friday, had breakfast with him on Sat. morning, stood in line w/ him on Sat. for the expo. I'll get you an autograph for $10. Cash only.... :biggrin:

MZ
:fish:

I'm just going to have to stop being passive. I'm sending him a PM right now...
:banghead:
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Romer Treece
Pelagic

Post by Romer Treece »

Thanks to everyone there, it was a BLAST!! I'm still buzzing!!! :bounceline:
brownick
Avid Diver

Post by brownick »

I did end up making it out Saturday morning for a great time at the expo, even managed to pick up a dive club t-shirt while I was there. Great meeting you guys!
Raydar
Dive-aholic

Post by Raydar »

It was good to see and chat with a bunch of you on Saturday, putting faces with names, etc. Tried to talk Pez into signing up for a demo dive, but the force is strong in that one.

I was devastated when a Mod here commented on my rude and sarcastic posting habits. Then he followed up in an admiring tone, "I don't know how you get away with it!" :laugh:
Purveyor of crack ;)
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

It's because I look up to you, dude. :evil4:
Raydar wrote:It was good to see and chat with a bunch of you on Saturday, putting faces with names, etc. Tried to talk Pez into signing up for a demo dive, but the force is strong in that one.

I was devastated when a Mod here commented on my rude and sarcastic posting habits. Then he followed up in an admiring tone, "I don't know how you get away with it!" :laugh:
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Raydar wrote:It was good to see and chat with a bunch of you on Saturday, putting faces with names, etc. Tried to talk Pez into signing up for a demo dive, but the force is strong in that one.

... the same way anybody gets away with anything ... lots and lots of practice ...

So where were you, Ray ... at the Dive X-tras booth? I intended to stop by a couple times ... and got sidetracked at the DSS and Shearwater booths.

Next year I'm not going to work a booth both days ... it seriously cuts into the available schmoozing time ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Raydar
Dive-aholic

Post by Raydar »

Grateful Diver wrote: ... the same way anybody gets away with anything ... lots and lots of practice ...
Well, I'm always practicing. :evil4:
So where were you, Ray ... at the Dive X-tras booth? I intended to stop by a couple times ... and got sidetracked at the DSS and Shearwater booths.
Yep. Was there all day. Of course, you could barely see us behind that massive She-P sign that someone put up. :smt064
Purveyor of crack ;)