Never ever compliment your students

Discuss Team Diving here.
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Never ever compliment your students

Post by Sockmonkey »

I was goofing off this morning and putting together all the videos from our Intro to Tech class and remembered how Jeanna jinxed me. So I uploaded a little video of the event.

It was our first day with a deco bottle and during the first s-drill of the day I removed my spg and reclipped it under the bottle without thinking. Jeanna had been videoing my left hip to catch me struggling with my spg bolt snap. Since I managed to clip it off easily she told me on the surface how impressed she was... and disappointed she didn't see struggle.

The next s-drill we tried to perform I found that Jeanna had totally jinxed me... and I was pissed at our videographer.

Really my favorite part of this movie is the fact that I pointed to Casey's d-ring telling him to clip off his primary and never followed up on it. You can see it dangling there at the end of the clip.

-Eric

(edited to point to video on different website)
"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Re: Never ever compliment your students

Post by Jenbowes »

I like the sound effects. BTW, what was that second hand motion for?
:partyman: This is my favorite smiley!!

CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

:stickwhack: dude, do you realize how much incriminating video jeanna has of you?

i think i sense a "eric's greatest misses" video coming soon...
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

spatman wrote::stickwhack: dude, do you realize how much incriminating video jeanna has of you?

i think i sense a "eric's greatest misses" video coming soon...
Ha.... no one is more self deprecating than I am. That video is proof ;)
Jenbowes wrote:I like the sound effects. BTW, what was that second hand motion for?
It was ummm... it's a international sign... indicating that me clipping off my spg is akin to.... that motion. Image Ahem.

-Eric

Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

It was ummm... it's a international sign... indicating that me clipping off my spg is akin to.... that motion. Image Ahem.

-Eric
Aaaahhh. I see. I thought it looked like ... Ahem ... but I had no idea that it was used in diving. The sound effect to it was HEEEElarious!

:-)
:partyman: This is my favorite smiley!!

CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
Kalatin
Dive-aholic

Post by Kalatin »

Jen, you will be absolutely shocked by the amount of underwater profanity that Eric can produce. :eric: There are a few others on this board whose skills at communicating emotion underwater rival Eric's, but I have yet to meet any who exceed his extremely high level of skill at inventing new hand signals.
"Another marathon, rush hour trek to foolishly compress myself and risk bodily harm and/or death to look at fishies!!! I love it!" - Casey B.
"The circle of life is a bitch when you're hungry." - Sockmonkey
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

See? So there you go....

The next time you start talking crap about "evil Brian", look at the utter chaos that would ensue if "evil Brian" turned into "kinder, gentler Brian". Chaos! TOTAL CHAOS!
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
CaseyB449
Avid Diver

Post by CaseyB449 »

Sockmonkey wrote:Really my favorite part of this movie is the fact that I pointed to Casey's d-ring telling him to clip off his primary and never followed up on it. You can see it dangling there at the end of the clip.

-Eric

(edited to point to video on different website)
:blah:
Really? Was that your favorite part? :bs:
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." Jacques Yves Cousteau
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

CaseyB449 wrote:
:blah:
Really? Was that your favorite part? :bs:
Yeah actually.... There's so much going on there in those few moments... you not clipping off your primary... me telling you to... you not clipping off... and me not noticing you didn't because I was so focused on getting my SPG back on (and being pissed). Classic. Tons of situational awareness all directed in different places... just not on your primary ;)

Also... you're totally paying more attention to my buoyancy cause at one point you actually pull me back up by my drysuit arm. I'm all over the place up and down... and fining into your head... but you are rock solid. The OOG diver schooling the spastic donor is classic again.

So yeah... that makes me laugh more than giving Jeanna the finger and Image

We started out Team Charlie Foxtrot... and came out Team Awesome... that's all that matters.

-Eric

CaseyB449
Avid Diver

Post by CaseyB449 »

:occasion5:
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." Jacques Yves Cousteau
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Post by Fishstiq »

Dom't self-depreciate too much Eric. There is no video proof of it, but during a CS dive I spent about 30 seconds trying to clip off a reel to my right hip d-ring. Think about that for a second and you'll know why it's REALLY difficult......
Not just front page famous, but above the fold famous...

Waiting for your AIDS test results is no time to be thinking positive.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Fishstiq wrote:Dom't self-depreciate too much Eric. There is no video proof of it, but during a CS dive I spent about 30 seconds trying to clip off a reel to my right hip d-ring. Think about that for a second and you'll know why it's REALLY difficult......
Because you're so skinny you don't have hips?
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

PezTheAnteater wrote:
Fishstiq wrote:Dom't self-depreciate too much Eric. There is no video proof of it, but during a CS dive I spent about 30 seconds trying to clip off a reel to my right hip d-ring. Think about that for a second and you'll know why it's REALLY difficult......
um, probably because there is no right hip d-ring....
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

spatman wrote:
PezTheAnteater wrote:
um, probably because there is no right hip d-ring....
Well, that would've been my next guess....