new toy

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

new toy

Post by Burntchef »

just dove cove 2 tonight for a evening dive with my girlfriend and broke out my latest toy i bought at divers fair. its a dive rite 10 watt hid. needles to say i fu**in love it. its like a light saber. i was mocked by my g/f for dropping 5 hundred on it but as soon as we hit 60 fsw and i turned it on her wide eyes said buy me one.
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Re: new toy

Post by Grateful Diver »

burntchef wrote:just dove cove 2 tonight for a evening dive with my girlfriend and broke out my latest toy i bought at divers fair. its a dive rite 10 watt hid. needles to say i fu**in love it. its like a light saber. i was mocked by my g/f for dropping 5 hundred on it but as soon as we hit 60 fsw and i turned it on her wide eyes said buy me one.
LOL - welcome to the world of light envy ... \:D/

It'll be interesting to see what she says when you tell her you want to drop $1200 on a new 24W upgrade ... :axe:
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I figure she'll be happy at the smell of eggs in the morning when you're frying them up with your light saber on the bedside table. :evil4:
jeff98208
Aquanaut

saber

Post by jeff98208 »

not to mention brewing a pot of coffee with it in just seconds, at the same time your frying the eggs. :smt119
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
bnboly
Submariner

Post by bnboly »

HEY! Don't forget the 2lbs of bacon!
It's not broken - it's just missing duct tape!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

I must say, my first dive with someone who was sporting an HID light created a true case of "light envy."
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!