Diving 5/23/2009

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Diving 5/23/2009

Post by Aquanautchuck »

I want to take my zodiac up diving on Saturday. Any divers interested? Anywhere from Hood Canal to Seattle. Let me know.
Charles
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Re: Diving 5/23/2009

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Bump. Well I have not heard from any divers yet, so is anyone diving this Saturday and want to dive? I really don't feel like going solo. Anywhere from Hood Canal to Seattle. My Zodiac will hold 4 divers easily.
Last edited by Aquanautchuck on Wed May 20, 2009 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charles
-Aaron-
Dive-aholic

Post by -Aaron- »

Charles,

Its a great offer, I wish I was going to be around this weekend. I am going to be down camping near Clear Lake this weekend, so I won't be able to make it to the Sound :(.

I try to make the trip up to Washington as much as I can, so please keep the board informed of your plans. It would be great to meet up on a different weekend. I just picked up my new X8 130 tanks last weekend, so I am itching to get them in to the water :).
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Hey Aaron, anytime. Just watch the board for posts.

Thanks
Charles
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

I'd post this in the dive planning section.

I opened it on a lark just to go through all the posts, and would not have known that you were looking to dive up North, even though you're originating from Oregon.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Do you have any idea how I move it Tom? Or do I just repost in dive planning. My original idea was that the Oregon divers probably look there but in hind sight like me I just look at new post's.
Charles
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

i moved it for you, charles. i wish i could make this trip...
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Me too. I so want to dive. Got the Zodiac all cleaned and fired up. Ready to go.
Charles
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Damn, I'll be on an airplane. I'd love to have hit Pulali and the Pinnacle.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

Sorry to have not replied sooner but I am interested and located in Seattle. I'm thinking about hitting something like Blakely Rocks, a drift dive down Agate Pass, Boeing Creek Reef, Dauntless. I want a profile that keeps us above 80fsw. I have been sailing in the area for a long time so I feel comfortable taking a look at the tides and coming up with some recommendations and alternatives.

I would need to be back in the late afternoon so I can make a dinner party. I also can probably round up a boat tender if it becomes and issue.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Renoun.
I have dove China Wall on Blakley Rock many times. I would need to look at the currents and tides. There is also the wreck in Blake Harbor, or the southwest side of Blake Island.Then Hood Canal, Pulali Pt or Flag Pole and few others are not current dependent.

I am always interested in a new dive site. I have not dove any of the sites you mention. Are they good boat dives? Have a ramp near by? I am very interested. 80' or so is cool with me, I just want to get wet.
Charles
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

Options launching from Shilshole in Seattle. I haven't dove any of these sites. Currents won't be pretty since there is a -2 tide at 11:00. I don't think that Blakeley Rocks, Possesion Pt., Blake Is., etc. are an option.

Boeing Creek Reef
Launch from Shilshole Ramp, about 4 miles north
http://www.emeraldseaphoto.com/diving/d ... _Creek.htm

Dauntless.
Just 1/2 mi. North of Shilshole Ramp
http://www.emeraldseaphoto.com/diving/p ... _Wreck.htm

I hear that the West side of the Shilshole breakwater can also be an interesting shallow dive.

Agate pass might work since the slack before the flood is at 10:00 if your boat is up to crossing the Sound or we launch on the West side and figure out other dives over there.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
bob
Avid Diver

Post by bob »

I will be in hoodsport all weekend. i would love to join you :supz:
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

:popcorn:

Ill wait and see where this goes?
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Metal man
Aquaphile

Post by Metal man »

renoun wrote:Agate pass might work since the slack before the flood is at 10:00 if your boat is up to crossing the Sound or we launch on the West side and figure out other dives over there.
I thought the point of diving Agate Pass was to do it during the exchange so you drift along the bottom at a cool couple of knots. :bounceline:
Gabe ~D.I.A.W.Y.C. Diver
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Afer looking at the Tides this Saturday, I think I will do Hood Canal. More than likely launch at Pleasant Harbor and do Pulali Pt and either Flag Pole or Misery Reef. 2 tank dive, launch about 9, Bob, Renoun or anyone else interested in meeting up?
Charles
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Yeah I'm going to be out on this one. I live in Marysville and that is quite a hike for me. Have a GREAT dive people!!!!
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
bob
Avid Diver

Post by bob »

I know where flagpole is but have never dove there I heard it"s great !!so pm me or i"ll get you my # or meet at ramp ? i think pleasent harbor is that big cove north of mikes resort ? any way give me a call i will be by the smart box
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Sounds good. Anyone else interested?
Charles
bob
Avid Diver

Post by bob »

So where would you like to meet? i will be in Brinnon. Open to any thing!!! :supz:
FlyinV
Dive-aholic

Post by FlyinV »

If only it was on Sunday I could swing it :(
Have a good dive!
Jeff V
Octo Buddy Dive Tours - www.octobuddy.com
Bric Martin
Aquanaut

Post by Bric Martin »

Chuck

I will watch for future posts. I am also from the Portland area. Flagpole is a great site, I have done it from the shore many times. I have Sun/Mon off so if your ever heading up on a Sunday I am definately interested.

Bric
Bric Martin

Save the Oceans, Save Ourselves!
RIP LCF
https://goo.gl/photos/tSdZZHXf4xejLBSz5
https://goo.gl/photos/fTCN7LuFvxWYF11e8
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

blackwater wrote:Chuck

I will watch for future posts. I am also from the Portland area. Flagpole is a great site, I have done it from the shore many times. I have Sun/Mon off so if your ever heading up on a Sunday I am definately interested.

Bric

Will do, just watch for future posts. I would of dove Sunday except when I started planning last week Saturday looked like the best weather. Then I made plans for Sunday with my wife.
bob wrote:So where would you like to meet? i will be in Brinnon. Open to any thing!!! :supz:
Bob, I will send you a pm. I think Brinnon is North of Pleasant Harbor. If that is the case we can just meet at the new boat ramp there. Do you know where it is?
Charles
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

Brinnon is South of Pleasant Harbor.

I don't think I can make it with the Hood Canal Bridge being out. Let me know next time you come North.

Ross
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Sorry Renoun that you can not make it. I was not aware that the floating bridge was out. We will get together.

Bob, I will be ar Hoodsport aroung 830. See you there. If any one else wants to try a dive off a zodiac let me know. There is room for 2 more.
Charles