Ken G

Re-learning buoyancy skills or have questions (or answers) about diving a CCR or SCR? The No Bubble Zone is the place to discuss rebreather diving.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Ken G

Post by Joshua Smith »

:occasion5:

We'll be sending someone by your house to teach you the secret handshake and give you your decoder ring soon. Start thinking about where you want the tattoo, too- you won't like where they're gonna put it if you can't make up your mind.

And WELCOME TO THE MEG TRIBE!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Re: Ken G

Post by Sounder »

Merry Christmas, eh?! :rr:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

WOW.......just wow. Uh, congratulations I think.
Romer Treece
Pelagic

Post by Romer Treece »

:supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

congrats, ken! looking forward to hearing about it.

(it's just a tattoo? i was told it was a cattle brand...)
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Yes, Congrats - and we're expecting full reports, blow by blow on the training, stories of you messing with Josh, etc. etc. etc. etc. - just part of the price you have to pay to be a meg diver. :fish:
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

sweet ass sweet, I want your doubles, I only have four sets need more :bounce:
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

spatman wrote:(it's just a tattoo? i was told it was a cattle brand...)
You get the brand on your one year anniversary. Big ceremony, bonfire, dancing girls. We usually do burgers and dogs, potato salad, like that. Then, the branding. The tattoo is like a, uh.........template, or target or something.

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

kick ass dude,

anyone want to take trimix with a bubble blowing red head?
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Burntchef wrote:kick ass dude,

If only I could find a good deal on a couple more sets of twins.........................
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Post by Ken G »

Pez7378 wrote:

If only I could find a good deal on a couple more sets of twins.........................
Got a set of lp80's with Salvo manifold and Highland bands im going to be letting go sometime soon.........
Dmitchell
Perma Narc'd

Post by Dmitchell »

You bought a Meg???? What we're you thinking??

Seriously, That's cool you'll love it.
Dave Mitchell
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Ken G wrote:
Pez7378 wrote:

Got a set of lp80's with Salvo manifold and Highland bands im going to be letting go sometime soon.........
bullshit? what about your 95's I said a few posts ago i wanted your doubles, that meant all. Did you sell them to that red head guy? damn to slow i guess. I am not into 80's i want 95's or higher and in LP, do to my cascade system.
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

STAIRS.
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Post by Ken G »

Maverick wrote:
Ken G wrote:
Pez7378 wrote:

bullshit? what about your 95's I said a few posts ago i wanted your doubles, that meant all. Did you sell them to that red head guy? damn to slow i guess. I am not into 80's i want 95's or higher and in LP, do to my cascade system.
Selling the lp80's. Keeping the 95's. I know you dont want the 80's BJ. Howard will have the lp95's and you are more than welcome to them anytime you want. Just like now.
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Maverick

STAIRS.
mattwave
Amphibian

Post by mattwave »

Congrats!!
"Scuba Like You Love It!"
Let's go diving
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Well, welcome to the tribe, Ken and Paul! :blackblink:

:occasion5: :joshsmith: :occasion5: :metal: :metal: :norris:

John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

I take it that means you guys finished your training? (Irishmen just frickin' LOVE to withhold information!)

CONGRATULATIONS! =D>

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

John Rawlings wrote:I take it that means you guys finished your training? (Irishmen just frickin' LOVE to withhold information!)

CONGRATULATIONS! =D>

- John
Yeah, Ken called me last night and told me that he and Paul were finally circumcised....er.....certified.

Romer Treece
Pelagic

Post by Romer Treece »

:boucegreen: :smt038 :breakdance: :metal: :supz: :bounceline: :grouphug: :occasion5: :norris: :smt035
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Joshua Smith wrote: finally circumcised....er.....
Oooo.... we need some of Mr. Spat's Hasidic gunnels or at least a smiley or two...
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Post by Ken G »

Joshua Smith wrote:
John Rawlings wrote:I take it that means you guys finished your training? (Irishmen just frickin' LOVE to withhold information!)

CONGRATULATIONS! =D>

- John
Yeah, Ken called me last night and told me that he and Paul were finally circumcised....er.....certified.
Thank you!

Its true......after hours and hours of class room, pool, and open water Paul Hangartner (Bigsky) and I finished our training last night. We trained with Ron Akeson- Adventures Down Under and TDI was the certifying agency.

Class went great (Thank you Ron). The Meg is an amazing machine. It is going to take awhile until I am anywhere near as comfortable as I was on OC. It really is like starting all over again from the beginning. Humbling

I am excited to be done so I can start putting some hours on the unit.

Now lets dive!