Lake Washington video

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Lake Washington video

Post by Nwbrewer »

Fishstiq, Mattleycrue and I dove at Matthew's Beach last week. 3 others were supposed to come along, but they turned out to be smarter than us and bailed. We have normally gone to the north of the swimming beach, but decided it would be interesting to try going to the south.

Know what we found? Silt. Lots and lots of silt. And a few clams. And a beer can. That's about it. 74 minutes of looking at mud. Luckily we had Fishstiq along, so we at least had a little comedy. Here's the video-
[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/4619599[/vimeo]
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Re: Lake Washington video

Post by eliseaboo »

Hahahaha...that reminds me of diving back home in WI! Most of the lakes have bottoms like that somewhere...silt that you can stick your arm into up to your shoulder and still get no resistance...great for checkout dives for rescue divers :evil4:
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

So much to see and so little time...

I feel kinda weird about the fact that I still enjoyed it.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:So much to see and so little time...
You got that backward....
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

Nwbrewer wrote:Fishstiq, and I dove at Matthew's Beach last week.
It's amazing you survived :smt064
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

"...helps to have someone else to stow it....."
1.JPG
hahahahaha! :rofl:
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

BDub wrote:
Nwbrewer wrote:Fishstiq, and I dove at Matthew's Beach last week.
It's amazing you survived :smt064
No joke, although I think he did a fair job of helping me stow my new boat brush. It's a good thing airsix wasn't along, the amount of silting going on during this dive was fantastic.

LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

This just adds ammunition to my conviction that the only thing LW is good for is skills training . . . when it's good for that!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

LCF wrote:This just adds ammunition to my conviction that the only thing LW is good for is skills training . . . when it's good for that!

There's definitely some spots that are better than others. I like diving north from this beach, last time out we recovered this anchor -

Which I thought was pretty cool. The bottom drops off more steeply to the north, and there is some amount of debris from years past, I think some of it from when this was a clipper ship dock. Magnussen near the south end is pretty similar to the south side of Matthews beach, except there are a lot of golf balls.

I enjoyed the sunken forest a lot, and I'm going to try and get back out there again later this summer. I also want to cruise some of the shallower wrecks. To me there's something nice about cruising a site that doesn't see a lot of diver pressure. You never know what you're gonna find that may have been sitting down there for 40 years or so just waiting for someone to come along and find it.

Here's video from November when we went to the North.
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x264/jdvirnig/Lake Washington Wreck/?action=view&current=LakeWAMatthewsBeach.flv

CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

That video was a riot! I did keep expecting some tunes tho
Last edited by CaptnJack on Wed May 13, 2009 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Sorry, I need to learn how to add music. I just use MS Movie Maker.

cklenk
Frequent Bubbler

Post by cklenk »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:So much to see and so little time...

I feel kinda weird about the fact that I still enjoyed it.
Hey wait a minute! Everyone is forgetting about the cool broom! How can it get better than finding a broom!!! ....and really awesome silt! (Better than Happy Fun Ball!!! (Still legal in 16 states)) ......and .....and..... and a can!! Wowwww! Ya think Lake Sammamish is even more better(er)???? And the vid has dialog!! :boucegreen:
Very very cute!
Cindy
cklenk
Frequent Bubbler

Post by cklenk »

Nwbrewer wrote:
LCF wrote:This just adds ammunition to my conviction that the only thing LW is good for is skills training . . . when it's good for that!

There's definitely some spots that are better than others. I like diving north from this beach, last time out we recovered this anchor -

Which I thought was pretty cool. The bottom drops off more steeply to the north, and there is some amount of debris from years past, I think some of it from when this was a clipper ship dock. Magnussen near the south end is pretty similar to the south side of Matthews beach, except there are a lot of golf balls.

I enjoyed the sunken forest a lot, and I'm going to try and get back out there again later this summer. I also want to cruise some of the shallower wrecks. To me there's something nice about cruising a site that doesn't see a lot of diver pressure. You never know what you're gonna find that may have been sitting down there for 40 years or so just waiting for someone to come along and find it.

Here's video from November when we went to the North.
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x264/jdvirnig/Lake Washington Wreck/?action=view&current=LakeWAMatthewsBeach.flv
I have seen that same object in an X files episode, Its a sunken UFO! Definitely a submerged UFO, billions of years old no doubt, and I'm quite sure that the black oil aliens are in it! You didn't get too close did you? :nervous:
LOL
Cindy
lizard0924
Submariner

Post by lizard0924 »

eliseaboo wrote:Hahahaha...that reminds me of diving back home in WI! Most of the lakes have bottoms like that somewhere...silt that you can stick your arm into up to your shoulder and still get no resistance...great for checkout dives for rescue divers :evil4:
Yep, when we had our boat at a marina on Lake Michigan, we tried diving under the boat one day to retrieve a lost Blackberry (the phone, not the food). We never found it, as it undoubtedly sank (quickly) into the six feet of silty muck that constituted the bottom of the lake. Add to that the razor-sharp quagga mussel shells that littered the bottom, and you have one fun search and recovery dive. We did, however, find a lawn chair that had fallen off the dock.

Educational video...thanks for posting...I know I'm not going to be in a rush to dive Lake Washington anytime soon!!! :)
Liz

www.lizsundquist.com

Holy cow! I'm the Godzilla of the underworld, apparently. ~ JenBowes
I'm going to tie my spool off on your manifold and ride you like a manatee! ~ Scottsax
Lundy will forever be known as The Guy Touching Richard's Thong. ~ Spatman