New to Oregon Forum

A place for Oregonians to plan a car-pooling road trip, find a nearby diveable mudhole, and meet new local dive buddies.
bubblemaker
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

New to Oregon Forum

Post by bubblemaker »

Hello Oregon Divers,

I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I have been certified since 98 in college. Unfortuntely, I wasn't able to keep my diving as regular as I would have liked over the next several years. I did some diving on vacation in Hawaii, Costa Rica, and Mexico.However, I am now back at it and looking for excuses to get wet. I am in Corvallis and looking for fellow dive buddies to enjoy some free weekends with.

I will be completing my Advanced Cert. here in July 09. I am looking forward to diving the Oregon Coast (on the clear days).

Thanks,

"go big or go home" :dj:
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: New to Oregon Forum

Post by no excuses »

welcome to the OR forum :penelope: :boucegreen:
-Aaron-
Dive-aholic

Post by -Aaron- »

Welcome to the club bubblemaker :) Always nice to see more Oregon divers around.

My friend and I are in Corvallis and we try to dive as much as we can. We dove up at Clear Lake this weekend and we head to Hoodsport fairly often. I've done a few dives off the Oregon coast, but I would like to get in to diving there more with it being so close. I will send you a PM with my email address, drop me a line and we can try to coordinate for a future trip.

If you are looking for a non-local dive you might check out the Salem Scuba Channel Islands trip (http://www.salemscuba.com/travel_channel.html). My buddy and I just signed up for it and I hear it is a lot of fun. It is still a ways off, but it will be my first chance to dive in California, so it should be interesting.
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Welcome to our "Nut and Fruit Bowl". :bounceline: :bounceline: The Oregon group is a little bit more of each than the Washington group. We have to be to drive so far to dive.
Charles