NW Dive Club Winter Hood Canal trip, Dec 8-10

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

You've got a crew!? How do I get a crew?! I think everyone needs a dive butler! \:D/
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Cuppie
Dive-aholic

Post by Cuppie »

yeah i have access to a cabin up at lake Cushman which is like 5 minutes away from el dive casa. Im thinking if we have a huge turnout like it seems we are going to be then we might not be able to have everyone at the cabin. but we are still bringing the chili!!! We might have to use the covered area at the bunk house if the weather is permitting!!! Im getting excited to see everyone again!!!

I think we are planning on arriving in HC around 9pm on friday and then hit the diving sat morning!!! Watch out we might come knocking on the bunk house door bright and early!!!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Did you say...... 'early'? :pale:
Cuppie
Dive-aholic

Post by Cuppie »

like 10am early....or are we sleeping in later than that? not that WE are sleeping in the same bed! :wav:
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

I hope to dive friday,but cuppie is right I may not have time. i always eat at the model T when I get into town. by then it is 10pm so if someone is up for a LATE DIVE I AM IN, but otherwise not gonna happen.

the chilli is coming, by the gallons, i need a head count for the Saturday Dinner (Sparky). Hey sparky lets make a time like 6pm at El Dive Casa on saturday. that way when we are all scattered about the canal we know what ime dinner is. Because I need to know when to heat up the vat of Chili.
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Let's try to arrange for Maciek to accidentally walk in front of the bathroom vent again right after the chili 'hits the spot'. :evil4:
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Sorry gang I know I have not given a head count in a few days
I have been swamped at work it seems I get one truck fixed and a nother one goes down

I will work up a head count and post it here in the next day or two

I am hopeing Bassman can clue us in on that point

Give me a day or so to sort every one out as to where they are crashing and ill let you know

hey Pepper I have you down as comeing is that right
you and wife and son? or just you need a head count

Hey Mav:
sounds like you and Cuppie are going to be in early Friday
How about doing a Chili and sandwhich feed for Friday night
you can bring the chili over to El Dive Cassa and plug it in there and some of us can whip up some sandwich fixings every one can get together for a late dinner say around 6:00 or 7:00 we can grab a bite and make a late evening dive after or just sit around and swap dive stories

saturday
we can do left over chili and the Tbirds for dinner
we are suposed to have one of the club houses with a kitchen for our bird feast.

not sure what to do about lunch for saturday yet ill probly just grab a sandwich and hold out for T bird

ok going to work on on the head count now
post it soon as I get it done

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Skinny on the DIVE CASA ( SUND ROCK )

We are booked in to EL Dive Cassia

December 8th 9th and the 10th
cost is $25.00 per person per night
we can sleep up to about 15 people if some of you dont mind shareing a little and we can also have a couple beddown on the floor if need be

RV SITSE next to DIVE CASA - AKA DIVE CASA WANNABE'S

RV spaces are open for the weekend in question as well
at a off season rate of $30.00 per night with full hook up
this for a double ocputancy each person after that is $5.00 per day

they have full water and sewer hook up as well as Cable tv and WiFi

for thouse of yout hat are internet junkies not that I would know any thing about that

Children under the age age of 14 are free ( CHACHING $$$$ )
im not sure if they stay for free or if the park is giving them away
but eather way should be a good time.

They also have 3 club houses 2 with Kitchens available at no extra charge we can have for our big Saturday evening feed if we like
and

there is a added bonous if we book 10 or more the owner will come over to the trailer house and give us a Oyster BBQ as a thank you for choseing Restawhile RV park for our outting.

Working on the head count will post it soon
Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

I will check with Tim and see if he wants to stay on Hood Canal or just drive on out early Saturday to dive with everyone.
I am up for staying Sat nite and then diving on Sunday as well. Or are people going on Fri and then leaving Sat night.
Let me know.
kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Cuppie's Dive Shack (Cabin)

Chili Master Chef Maverick 1 diver
Cuppie 1 diver
Calvin 1 Diver
Jim Hall 1 Diver
Nailer 1 Diver
Cabin is full

Orca House

BbbleMkr 1 Diver
RyanD 1 Diver
Diver C 1 Diver
Any room left at Orca house how many can you sleep?

EL Dive Cassia:

Sparky and wife 1 Diver 1 Non-Diver
Bassman, wife, and daughter (mouse) 2 divers 1 Non-Diver staying Friday night only?
Diver Down and Wife 2 Divers
Tom Nic 1 Diver 1 Non-Diver
Sergeant Pepper and wife? 1Diver 1 Non- Diver
Jeff9820 1 Diver
Cera 1 Diver
ScubaK and Tim 2 Divers staying Saturday night ? Slot is yours if you want it K

hate to say it folks but that would about fill us up at the trailer house

Unless some one wants to sleep on the floor in a sleeping bag
I am making every effort to keep couples together so bare with me.

El Dive Cassia Wanna-Bees camp sits or other rooms

MR and MRS Sounder 2 divers
Octoloco and Dive Caddy 2 Divers
Go-nudi and wife 2 Divers

Now if every one can make it we will be 29 in all
That’s a lot of Chili Mav.

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Whooohooo! 29 people = 4 relaxers & 25 divers! \:D/ :bounce:

Mav - will you be there in time for chili-dinner on Friday night? If so, I'd be happy to make corn bread. It sounded like you were rolling in late on Friday though...?

Nancy at Rest-a-while asked us to remind her on Friday about the oyster BBQ when we start arriving so they can go collect them (apparently they have to do it at night).
Cera
Submariner

Post by Cera »

I am still on stand-by for the outing. If I do go I will prolly bring my hubby, so I would be two....but if someone else is for sure, give them the spot. I am still waiting for my husbands work schedule to change to see if we can come or not. Thanks
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

I think the Chili and the Turkey's should be served together on the Sat Night (or afternoon) feast and ofcourse"Corn Bread" would be Great!
If anyone wants to bring something else to put in the fryers, ie. battered Mushrooms , Zuccini(?), Lumpia{Lumpia is a traditional Filipino appetizer},
feel free to do so.
Otherwise it can be any salad or side dish that would go with Chili or Turky.
"Oops , I just drooled a little on the keyboard!"
:pale:
BbbleMkr
Aquaphile

Post by BbbleMkr »

Hi! We've got at least three adults and one 16 year old (sorta diver) in the Orca House, so I think we're full. Rich will probably talk at least one of his friends into staying with us so we may be over capacity. (I don't know the layout, but there are only two rooms.)

We're up for hanging out on Friday and Saturday nights. Oysters aren't my thing, but I'll bring a couple of salads and desserts to share for both nights or either night.

I'm looking forward to this!

Delaina
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

I just figured corn bread would be good with the chili if we were doing it Friday night. If we're doing it Saturday night, Mrs. Sounder and I will bring other goodies to share too (more than just corn bread). Mrs. Sounder suggested enchaladas but if I remember correctly, Nailer's got that covered...? Tempura veggies sounds good too! Maybe THAT'S what we'll bring!

Desserts? Did someone say desserts?! :bounce:

Deep Fried Twinkies? :vom:
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Ya, the whole Oyster BBQ is a great thing that the Rest-A-While camp ground did for us the last time. I ate about a dozen or so and it had an adverse effect on my digestive sytem for about two weeks. It is a great gesture but I will remember not to indulge quite as much as I did last time.
(I think it was because my body is not used to that sort of thing) :dontknow:
Because everyone is coming at different times on Friday, I think we should just keep it simple. There is a great little lunch stand at the RV Park that will serve a great burger or fish & chips.(not sure how late they will be open).
Another option would be to just plan on something within each place we are sleeping at.
We will have to set a definit time frame for the Oyster feed. maybe it would be better to set it for Sat at Noon'ish
Last edited by BASSMAN on Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Sounder wrote: Mrs. Sounder suggested enchaladas but if I remember correctly, Nailer's got that covered...?
You can NEVER have too many enchiladas! \:D/
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

I like the idea of doing the big dinner on Saturday evening :partyman: , and the idea of having everyone be in charge of their own meals outside of that.

As for enchaladas... I don't want to be put to shame because my enchaladas aren't as good as Nailers! I heard all the raving about them from the last trip! That's a tall order to measure up to! :prayer:
Cuppie
Dive-aholic

Post by Cuppie »

so you just cant tell everyone when the chili dinner is if 1) you arent making the chili and 2) you arent in charge of the organization.

For clarity: MAV is making the chili and cant do so until sat because we are arriving into HC later on friday night.

Sparky and Bassman, i need some back up on this....i was thinking either bag the chili if it cant wait until sat or do chili sat afternoon for lunch and the t-birds for dinner with the leftover chili

Okay now that i've vented a bit, i think that sparky you can take over. right?
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Chili for Sat Lunch and the Turky dinner with left over chili sounds perfect to me!
Good idea Cuppi! :supz:

Maybe you can relay that to Mav for us!

HEY! someone mentioned Desert!
Any volunteers?
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

(Tom remembers his Rescue Diver training...)

Stop,
Breathe,
Think,
Act!

I'm showin' up, gonna be great, Sparky, you da man!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

We will be there too... let us know what to bring and when you want it.
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

I was thinking the best way to handle meals would be to do some thing along the lines of

Friday Pretty much fend for your self
bring what you want to cook or go out to eat

as far as saturday goes I do think we should set times for every one to meet at El Dive Cassia for lunch and dinner

Saturday Lunch:

I will check to see if we can have the Oyster BBQ for lunch on Saturday but as some of us dont care for Oysters my self included I was thinking we could also have hopefuly chili and sandwhiches
but Mav would have to let us know how much time he needs for that Killer Chili its so good it is worth waiteing for though

Saturday night T Bird Feed:

I was hopeing we could talk Tom in to giveing a blessing for our meal and the chance to fellow ship with each other againe I know my wife and I would realy like that

it was realy nice of Cuppie to host the Chilli lunch at the cabin last time but I am afraid that this time we have more people comeing then there would be room for in the cabin, I was thinking we should do the group meals at El Dive Cassia or like the T Bird Feed in the Club house the Resawhile is going to allow us to use it has a kitchen in it and lots of room for just hanging out.

we should set a time to allow us lots of time to dive and to viset and still not be so late that thouse of us wishing to make a night dive are rushed from our meals to dive.

any one else have any thoughts on this
this is a group event so what do you guys think?

all this talk of food how do we want to do drinks

I havent given any thought to Brakefast for Saturday any one want to do the Brakefast for Eldive Cassia or do you want to fend for your self then as well

also a couple things to rember

For thouse of you staying at EL Dive Cassia
bring beding they provide Sheets and a pillow there are a few blankits but they are real thin Also bring your self a towl for showers.

If you are going to be cooking your dish on site please rember to bring what ever kind of pot or dish you need the ones provided by the restawhile are ok but they are basic and kind of bare bones,

I am realy looking foward to seeing every one againe and meeting our new friends as well this is going to be so much more fun then the one we did in July

I CANT WAITE LETS GO NOW !!!!

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Since this trip is growing,"Exponentially" Maybe we should do different dinners, everyone should bring something. I have been to the cabin and it is a private organization that I am sure would frown on 30+ people at one time.. I don't care were I eat I know that chili for 30 peeps is gonna be allot O freaking pots!! #-o I propose dive casa is dive central. and as long as everyone brings something there will be "plenty" to eat.. :supz: I think it would be hard to organize a dinner for everyone, I am gonna eat when Im not diving. That should be around 11:00 pm :salute: .. We will bring some apple sauce cake, and some kielbasa and a couple dozen eggs. I have a feeling there will be to much food!! :violent2: Well maybe not for me, That's my second favorite thing to do besides dive is EAT.. :supz:
Who run barter town?
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

I think that's an excellent plan! Nice work Sparky!:bounce:

Saturday's group lunch & dinner sounds great, Friday night on your own is perfect.

:partyman: Only 52 days!!! \:D/