Club Dive! Club Dive! Club Dive! Saturday, October 6th!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Mortuus
Amphibian

Re: Club Dive! Club Dive! Club Dive! Saturday, October 6t

Post by Mortuus »

Yes indeed, those were some nice dives! Turnout wasnt too shabby either. I definitely enjoyed getting to put some more faces to names. Great time, cant wait for the next one :supz:
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

What a gorgeous day, and my tremendous thanks again to Penelope, who seems to have a broad masochistic streak, in that she keeps organizing these things . . . The sun was shining, the visibility was wonderful, my dive buddy Yelloweye was a true kindred soul, and the critters were out in force. A couple of my favorite shots:

We came out of a 70+ minute dive, having covered maybe a hundred feet or so and having had a ball. There were HUGE schools of the small silver fish (can't speciate them, because I can't get close enough to them - but watching Eric float into the school without disturbing anybody made me almost want a rebreather), groups of shiner perch and schools of tubesnouts like pick-up-sticks scattered in the green water. There were literally hundreds of black-eyed hermit crabs, and a whole BUNCH of pygmy poachers. We found an umbrella crab who really DIDN'T want his picture taken, and three or four red octos, including one on the pipe who was very active, but of whom I didn't get a single good picture. One of the little guys was more cooperative in posing:

Water conditions were a bit sporty -- my best estimate is that we had about 3' swells getting in, and a bit more getting out. I kept my record clean, and carefully fell down in the surf on the way out. The results were a bit spectacular:

Lots of fun people, great food, great water, and a new dive buddy. Thanks, Penelope, for a great day!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Ppants in her natural club dive environment:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349624786.146811.jpg
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Great pic!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Lynn, Love the decorating job on your backplate! :smt064
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

The backplate wasn't the worst part! I pulled sea lettuce out of the weight pockets on my cambands, and out of the fold of webbing that holds my canister light on. I think I'm going to be cleaning kelp out of crevices for months!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

As always, fantastic job, Penelope! Thank you, and I'm glad you got to dive!

Me, Jeanna and Lundy jumped in the water for a 7am dive and the vis was unreal. It dropped a bit when the waves kicked up, but I still had a great second dive with Matt and Paul and Jeanna got out for a 2nd dive with Lundy and Kelly.

Was great to see and catch up with everyone.

Thanks again, Penelope!
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Thanks Penelope, we had a great time as well. You are awesome at setting and directing this event. Next time, I will bring a grill so we dont have to borrow Bobs!
It was great meeting new friends and future dive buddies.
PS....the Crispy Kremes are almost as good when they are day old too!
thefeve
Compulsive Diver

Post by thefeve »

Great diving and company! Did 2 at Redondo with Bdub and Pauilicarp, then hit Cove 2 on the way home with Paulicarp.

Saw a monster GPO under the honeybear, sadly the gopro wasn't loving the lighting...

http://vimeo.com/51036920
I think you've figured out the root cause of your problems. Even sea lions get annoyed by splitfin divers silting out their dive sites. Switch back to your jets and you'll be safe from the sea lion silt prevention patrol from now on. - NWbrewer