Ragg Wool Glove Liners (FFTHJTT)

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Re: Ragg Wool Glove Liners (FFTHJTT)

Post by scottsax »

spatman wrote:sorry, but i am full up on raccoon pelts. cash, check, paypal, shekels, all good.
Banana hammocks?
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Norris wrote:OK so here is the deal. Scott has graciously offered to pick mine up from Matt as they are diving together on Sat. Smike is also getting his from me via Scott. I will be getting them from Scott after my dive on Saturday. So let's throw this out there. If you are in the North and cannot get to Redondo Sat please contact Matt and pay for the gloves via paypal, racoon pelts, or whatever you do. Once that is done they can be added to the package that Scott/I am picking up. I plan to dive Mukilteo Monday, and perhaps Wednesday so you can come pick them up there.
Those of you that would like to pick up your gloves from Norris, please PM me with what you're expecting to receive. I will make a list and cross-check it with a list of folks that Spatman says have paid, to prevent my proboscis-endowed friend from being short-changed.

Edit: if you've done Paypal, you should probably give me your real name and Paypal account address.
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

scottsax wrote:Banana hammocks?
bought too many at the Nordstrom's xmas sale? yours are too small for me anyway.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

spatman wrote:
scottsax wrote:Banana hammocks?
bought too many at the Nordstrom's xmas sale? yours are too small for me anyway.
:rofl:

Totally set myself up for that....

scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

The north regiment's gloves have been delivered to the bald one-the wheels are set in motion, the eagle has flown. Thanks for playing!

And can I just say, after doing my first dives with drygloves yeserday, "Why the hell have I not been using drygloves all along!?"

It was an epiphany yesterday...

ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

Many Thanks to Spat for doing the organizing and John R. for dropping off my glovies on his way home!!! You guys ROCK!!!

LOL.. I forgot that these gloves smell like lanolin. I guess it's better than sour yellow glove liners... I think.. Course the baa-aa-aad jokes are now never ending in our house... (I got alex two pairs for when he goes hunting and told him that he will be able to hide better, and in fact the wilds might come up to check him out, curious how/why a sheep has gotten itself lost in the backwoods.
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

glad to hear that the gloves are migrating north and finding their way to their new owners!

kat, dashrynn, airsix (and maybe someone else i'm forgetting right now), the glove company sent me too many of the larger size and not enough of the smaller ones you ordered. i have both an email and a phone call in to them and will let you know what happens when i hear back...
kat
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by kat »

okie dokie.
"As long as you get everything tucked into your pants, you are good to go." -wasp7000
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

So how well do the gloves work for everyone?

I have rag wool gloves that I bought for a bit more than the $4.00

And I have a couple of other pairs floating around too!
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

UPDATE: the folks at newberry are shipping me the smaller size. i should have them in a week or so...
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Thanks, Matt.
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

spatman wrote:UPDATE: the folks at newberry are shipping me the smaller size. i should have them in a week or so...

Hmmm, better call them back. Norris showed up last night with 2 mens, and a STACK of womens size. I think there was a mix up.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Nwbrewer wrote:
spatman wrote:UPDATE: the folks at newberry are shipping me the smaller size. i should have them in a week or so...

Hmmm, better call them back. Norris showed up last night with 2 mens, and a STACK of womens size. I think there was a mix up.
yeah, he and i exchanged a few emails last night. we'll get this sorted out soon.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Um...were they labeled wrong? Because I think they all said Men's on them...

Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

scottsax wrote:Um...were they labeled wrong? Because I think they all said Men's on them...
No, I'm pretty sure they said womens...
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
oregondiver
Submariner

Post by oregondiver »

Mine were labled Ladies for the 2 ladies pairs and mens for the 2 mens pairs.
I was expecting "midget" and "adult"...but nope...ladies and mens.
Discussing the Whites Fusion: "Looks like you are wearing a startrek leotard with bunched-up undies..." -Airsix

"fins are like shoes....you can never have enough pairs." -Lizard0924
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

There was a package (unopened) containing 6 pair of gloves and they were all ladies.
There were 4 pair of Mens (I believe) I took two and then gave two to Jake in addition to two ladies in order to fill one order. Now what I have left is the package, and like two stray pairs, all ladies. One pair was without a tag and it was ladies. Easy mistake though I mean they ARE all wool gloves.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
April
Dive-aholic

Post by April »

two of the ladies pairs are mine, we'll have to coordinate so I can get them from you.
April
trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by trevorrowe »

Dang, and I was hoping to get my two pair of mens size soon, it sounds like I'll have to wait.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

April wrote:two of the ladies pairs are mine, we'll have to coordinate so I can get them from you.
Indeed April. If you are feeling better I spoke to my work and I am going to join MMM this Monday. I was going to dive last night but needed to run my wife down to the airport but was down there with gloves. So just let me know. My tentative plan is...

Tomorrow at the Muk for 6:30 splash
Saturday at Cove 2 before lunchtime
Monday at the Muk for the 6:30 MMM

All of which I will have the bag o' gloves until Matt and I figure out what we need to do.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**