Good info for the DIR types

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Re: Good info for the culinary curious types

Post by Grateful Diver »

Wouldn't it be interesting to find out what one of these tastes like?

'Prolly go good with a nice snifter of peppermint schnappes ...

... Bob (Grateful Diner)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Re: Good info for the DIR types

Post by Burntchef »

tell everyone about balut chris, and after that if anyone wants to try it they do sell it here in chinatown.
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Burntchef wrote:tell everyone about balut chris, and after that if anyone wants to try it they do sell it here in chinatown.
Yeah haven't tried it, but it's for sale everywhere. I don't really understand it either because I didn't see a single Duck while I was there................. :dontknow:

Bangus Rellenong (Stuffed Milkfish) is where it's at! It takes patience and skill to prepare but it's worth it! :supz:
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Burntchef wrote:tell everyone about balut chris, and after that if anyone wants to try it they do sell it here in chinatown.
The balut I've eaten numbers in the hundreds. It's like a little cup of fresh chicken (duck) soup. Mmmmm..... =D>
Sorry. You can't scare me that easy. :evil4:

Chris, you've got to try it. It's a right of passage (and tastes good). It has to be eaten late at night with friends. No ducks? They're everywhere. Generally white with a weird red fleshy thing on their forehead like a rooster or turkey.

-Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

airsix wrote:Okra aint nothin'. Have PEZ bring some Dorian back from the Philippines. It's a fruit that looks like a hybrid cross of a cantaloupe and a stegosaurus. And it smells like dog poo. You'll be eating okra just to get the taste out of your mouth and you won't have to trim your nose hairs for months. :evil4:

we had some durian when we were in thailand, and even though it smelled like stinky gym socks, it actually tasted pretty good. i was holding my nose when i ate it, so maybe it wasn't a very accurate sampling...

two other fruits we had there that were really great were mangosteens and rambutans. both were really tasty plain and their juices made awesome cocktails. :partyman:

(i think we're close, bob!)
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Sorry I'm late to the party. Please continue on with the food stuff, but for those of you who were entangled in or care about the high blood pressure stuff, please READ THIS POST.