Another New Member

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Pescadero
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Pescadero »

I am still somewhat of a light weight, having only my Basic OW. With luck I will achieve Advanced OW next weekend(1/13 & 1/14). That will still give me some time to gain experience, before the dive. If I don't feel like I am a liability, I would sure like to join you.

Skip
The cure for almost everything is salt water. . . . . .
sweat, tears, or the sea !!
-Isak Dinesen
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

HEY Skip

Lets pick a weekend after the 20th of this month and try to get together for a dive i have Search and Rescue Dive Traineing on the 20th I am a diver for our local URT and that is a trainning weekend

but I could be talkted in to doing a dive after that

Maybe we could talk my good Friend Diver Doug in to hooking up
I know we could probly talk
Jeff and Nick in to meeting us to I would bet
I have there numbers and could give them a ring

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Diver Doug
Aquaphile

Post by Diver Doug »

Don't ever worry about being a liability. I am still relitively new also. 80 dives. Everybody learns more each time entering the water.
Doug
jeff98208
Aquanaut

Post by jeff98208 »

Don't ever worry about being a liability. I am still relitively new also. 80 dives. Everybody learns more each time entering the water.
the important thing is every dive you do, you try to learn something from it. i have my ow, aow, rescue, nitrox, and underwater photography certs. and i only have 41 dives under my belt, and on every dive i still learn something new. and it'll most likely be in the first week of april i'll be down south ( home ) passing thru, and is wondering about canon beach or newport if astoria is not realy that good?
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
Pescadero
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Pescadero »

Thanks, Doug, Jeff and Sparky. I appreciate all the support.

I am concentrating on the AOW class and can't see too far out past that, ritht now. As soon as I get through this, I will be anxious to hook up with you.

Cheers, Skip
-Isak Dinesen
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Jeff

not any good places to dive near Cannon beach but there is a few Down around Tillamoohk There is the Bar View jetty a realy tide and curent sencitive dive

but I realy like Neatarts Boat Ramp
It is a shallow dive only 35 feet but lots of little critters to viset with

let me know if you want I can send you some more info on diving down this way or you coud give me a call my home #( 503) 861-2611
Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Pescadero
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Pescadero »

Was really bummed out last weekend. After anxiously awaiting the AOW class, the weather really put the class out of reach for me. A 6 hour drive one way, over the coast mountains to I5, then north to Hoods in those snow and ice conditions, just wasn't in the cards.

LDS is holding my money and I will rebook as soon as they set the next date.

Meanwhile, we put up with the local rain and snow and got a short dive in Alsea Bay, to make us feel a little better. Today it is still cold rain and some slush but heading to Florence. Want to get a peek at the north jetty viz. If possible will try that, on this afternoon's slack.

Sure want to get this AOW Cert. behind me, so I can come north and meet some of you folks.

Skip
-Isak Dinesen
Pescadero
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Pescadero »

Was really bummed out last weekend. After anxiously awaiting the AOW class, the weather really put the class out of reach for me. A 6 hour drive one way, over the coast mountains to I5, then north to Hoods in those snow and ice conditions, just wasn't in the cards.

LDS is holding my money and I will rebook as soon as they set the next date.

Meanwhile, we put up with the local rain and snow and got a short dive in Alsea Bay, to make us feel a little better. Today it is still cold rain and some slush but heading to Florence. Want to get a peek at the north jetty viz. If possible will try that, on this afternoon's slack.

Sure want to get this AOW Cert. behind me, so I can come north and meet some of you folks.

Skip
-Isak Dinesen
jeff98208
Aquanaut

Post by jeff98208 »

thats cool sparky. that'll work, well we be doing 1 or 2 tanks? you can get a hold of me at 425-338-7615 later bud!
would sparky like to hit the water when i come back north from vegas? ( like i siad i plan on doing some diving a couple of times on the way, a couple there, and a couple on the way back. \:D/ =D> :supz:

jeff
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!