Deception Pass - Sunday, Feb. 13

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Re: Deception Pass - Sunday, Feb. 13

Post by WylerBear »

spatman wrote:if you don't make it on the charter that day, let's try and finally dive together!
You bet! I'll let you know the next time I'm available & planning to dive on a weekend. I think there's at least once before the 13th Feb date.
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option
spatman
I've Got Gills

Deception Pass - Sunday, Feb. 13

Post by spatman »

WylerBear wrote:
spatman wrote:if you don't make it on the charter that day, let's try and finally dive together!
You bet! I'll let you know the next time I'm available & planning to dive on a weekend. I think there's at least once before the 13th Feb date.
That would be great. Let me know what dates and I'll try to keep them open.
Lonestar
Compulsive Diver

Post by Lonestar »

Looks like some math professor had fun with the current.

http://www.cengage.com/math/book_conten ... oject1.pdf
Tim McClung

22nd Annual Scott Firefighter Stair Climb, support it: http://www.llswa.org/site/TR/Events/Big ... fr_id=1280
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

OK, here's the dealio ...

I contacted Phil Jensen at Lu Jac's Quest to reserve the boat for Feb. 13. His response ...

I am available, the limit is 10 total divers.

Slack is predicted at 9:56 AM so we will want to leave at 8:30 AM. Everyone suited up and ready to jump at the same time about 15 minutes before slack when there is about a 0.5 knot flood.

Do not expect to have more than ½ hour dive.

Load at 8:00 AM

Cost is $75 for a 2-tank trip. Second dive will probably be Strawberry Island, Sares Head or Northwest Island ... depending on conditions.

Limit is 10 divers ... me and Rich are two. That leaves eight spots. Those who indicated interest were ...

- H2Odoc
- citycatred
- Bric (blackwater)
- gutholmj and +1
- ktb
- Wylerbear
- LCF
- ScubaK and Tim

That's two over the limit ... so please let me know if you're commited ... preference given in the order of replies in this thread. I have to pay a $100 deposit to hold the boat, so if you say you're in, I'll want $10 from you to hold your spot.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
-
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

I'm in
That's 2 including Tim
Where do I give ya 'da money???
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
citycatred
Submariner

Post by citycatred »

Im in also. Same question as Scubak where would I give you the money.
When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.
Cynthia Heimel
gutholmj
Perma Narc'd

Post by gutholmj »

I'm in. No +1, just me.

-James
"Well as much as this pains me I am gonna have to pull out" - pogiguy05
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

The money comes to me ... since I'll be sending a check to Phil to hold the boat.

PM me for a mailing address ... or we can arrange to hook up somewhere for a dive or something ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Grateful Diver wrote:OK, here's the dealio ...

I contacted Phil Jensen at Lu Jac's Quest to reserve the boat for Feb. 13. His response ...

I am available, the limit is 10 total divers.

Slack is predicted at 9:56 AM so we will want to leave at 8:30 AM. Everyone suited up and ready to jump at the same time about 15 minutes before slack when there is about a 0.5 knot flood.

Do not expect to have more than ½ hour dive.

Load at 8:00 AM

Cost is $75 for a 2-tank trip. Second dive will probably be Strawberry Island, Sares Head or Northwest Island ... depending on conditions.

Limit is 10 divers ... me and Rich are two. That leaves eight spots. Those who indicated interest were ...

- H2Odoc
- citycatred
- Bric (blackwater)
- gutholmj and +1
- ktb
- Wylerbear
- LCF
- ScubaK and Tim

That's two over the limit ... so please let me know if you're commited ... preference given in the order of replies in this thread. I have to pay a $100 deposit to hold the boat, so if you say you're in, I'll want $10 from you to hold your spot.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
-
sniff :bye:
Thats ok I didn't want to go ANYWAYS! :angry:
Let me know if a slot opens up...I can pay pal you 10.00
Norris wrote:
Grateful Diver wrote:I wouldn't mind booking it as a boat dive if there's sufficient interest. That way, too, we can get in a pretty nice second dive somewhere.

Who'd be interested in doing it that way?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Interested
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
citycatred
Submariner

Post by citycatred »

Grateful Diver wrote:The money comes to me ... since I'll be sending a check to Phil to hold the boat.

PM me for a mailing address ... or we can arrange to hook up somewhere for a dive or something ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Hooking up to dive and give you money sounds great :taco:
When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.
Cynthia Heimel
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Norris wrote: sniff :bye:
Thats ok I didn't want to go ANYWAYS! :angry:
Let me know if a slot opens up...I can pay pal you 10.00
Sorry Norris ... dunno how I missed you. You were one of the early responders ... so you're in ... :supz:

No PayPal ... I closed my account with them after the second time it got hacked.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Well it looks like we need to dive finally! Let me know what you have coming up weekend wise...I am doing Sund rock early Monday,
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Norris wrote:Well it looks like we need to dive finally! Let me know what you have coming up weekend wise...I am doing Sund rock early Monday,
I've got no specific plans yet for the upcoming week-end ... let's go diving ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

I have Saturday open as my wife has an important scrap booking gathering to do.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

OOps scratch that, I have Sunday open, not Saturday. I work on Sat
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

See http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14577 ... let's keep this thread on topic for Deception Pass ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Well, I will have to wait and see what happens . . . because I forgot to mention Peter in my original post. If there's room for both of us, I'll go, and if not, I'll wait for another time.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

This is getting complicated ... I just got an e-mail from Phil that he's signed other people up for this trip, limiting our available slots.

I'm a bit upset about that ... in the past, when you rent a boat, you rent the whole boat.

If that's not going to be the case, I may just drop the whole idea ... or find another boat.

Those of you who've contacted me, hold off on sending me money until I get this sorted out.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

I agree with you Bob...
When you rent the boat, you rent the whole boat. Unless you open it up for others.
Keep me posted.
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

Well, I know which charter to NEVER use..... I vote with my pocket book.
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
citycatred
Submariner

Post by citycatred »

:crybaby: :crybaby:
Cynthia Heimel
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Let's give it a couple days, folks ... might be nothing more than a communication issue.

In the past, whenever I've contacted Phil about going out on the boat he's referred me to whomever had it rented for the day. That's what surprised me ... he normally won't take walk-ons without checking first to see if there's room.

In this case, I already have more people interested than the boat would hold.

If I can't work it out with him by Monday, I'll look into a different boat ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Grateful Diver wrote: In this case, I already have more people interested than the boat would hold.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Bob interested is different than Paid and committed. :joshsmith: sounds like a great day in the san juans, maybe there will be sunshine too. Don't forget some cold beverages for after the dives. :taco:
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Post by WylerBear »

If there is still a spot, I'm in and will send $ when and where once it's sorted out.
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option
Bric Martin
Aquanaut

Post by Bric Martin »

Bob, I worked until midnight yesterday and missed this recent thread. If there is a spot available I'm still interested.
Bric Martin

Save the Oceans, Save Ourselves!
RIP LCF
https://goo.gl/photos/tSdZZHXf4xejLBSz5
https://goo.gl/photos/fTCN7LuFvxWYF11e8