gopro cameras?

General banter about diving and why we love it.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Re: gopro cameras?

Post by H20doctor »

the go pro is a great set up .... editing can be done quick and easy if you have the right video software, and know how.. i shot alot of my florida stuff on a go pro.. it was easy , small , and worked great..... as with any camera , you have to read up and get educated in the realm of HD video ... its not a quick fix to edit , and it takes time to render.. you need a fast computer to handle the video rate and file sizes ... My psi

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ojkdsjB ... ature=plcp[/youtube]
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Ranbal
Just Settling In

Post by Ranbal »

@BillyD,
The light setting for the octo video was the mid position. Not sure what that equates in lumens. It does get much brighter on the higher setting. Hope that helps.
Randy

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
BillyD
Frequent Bubbler

Post by BillyD »

[quote="H20doctor"]the go pro is a great set up .... editing can be done quick and easy if you have the right video software, and know how.. i shot alot of my florida stuff on a go pro.. it was easy , small , and worked great..... as with any camera , you have to read up and get educated in the realm of HD video ... its not a quick fix to edit , and it takes time to render.. you need a fast computer to handle the video rate and file sizes ... My psi

@H20doctor cool GoPro video, looks like you are really cruising through those wrecks! Great videos on Youtube too, glad I found your channel!

@Ranbal thanks for the info, I'll probably end up with those guys as well. Cheers.
Plan the dive, dive the plan. Unless you see something really cool...
mkmc
Avid Diver

Post by mkmc »

Good news. It seems that GoPro will be selling their own "Dive Housing" for both camera versions. Should be substantially cheaper than other flat lenses you can buy. However the release date is a subject of online debate.

defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

Yeah... They were going to release it January 2011, but it didn't happen as planned. I had been talking to them about this, convincing them that the dive community needs better clarity for the sales to pick up. I'll ping them and see if I can get an official word out of them.

D
mkmc
Avid Diver

Post by mkmc »