Waterproof vs Weezle Undergarment

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Re: Waterproof vs Weezle Undergarment

Post by kdupreez »

I didnt need any more or less weight than with my Halo 3D plus extra layers.

This Extreme plus is much much warmer though!!

It was drizzling this morning and i just wiped the rain off my suit with my hand before doning the drysuit!

In all honesty, I have not had any dumping issues with this or my other weezle sans plus.

I also found that had roughly the same squeeze as with my Halo (Halo3D has honeycombs on core areas, so doesnt compress as much either.)

LOVE it so far.
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Quick report on a 120 minute dive in the lake last night.

warmest I've ever been on lake dives and also realized i was wet after the dive ended.. I had no idea during the dive I was wet.. It was just nice and toasty!

and zero dumping issues.. in fact, there is no difference dumping gas with the weezle than with my Halo3D..

LOVE this thing! :D
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

kdupreez wrote:Quick report on a 120 minute dive in the lake last night.

warmest I've ever been on lake dives and also realized i was wet after the dive ended.. I had no idea during the dive I was wet.. It was just nice and toasty!

and zero dumping issues.. in fact, there is no difference dumping gas with the weezle than with my Halo3D..

Have you tried the Santi 400? Curious as to how it compares. I just received mine, but have never tried a weezle.
BillZ
Aquanaut

Post by BillZ »

I think I see an extreme + in my near future.........
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Jeremy wrote:Have you tried the Santi 400? Curious as to how it compares. I just received mine, but have never tried a weezle.
I have - I dove a loaner from Scott C. for a couple weeks and also dove Mark at 5thD's for a while. I had to add about 3lb of weight and dont think its any warmer than the Weezle Extreme+

The Santi suits are GREAT and you can custom cut them (a big plus) and I was about to buy a BZ400 actually, but a few things that i liked better about the Weezle and based on experience with my current thinner weezle (that i used when we were in FL for C1), these are the things that tipped the scale:

- water repellant on the surface. i.e. just wipe off rain and put on drysuit
- it dries VERY quickly in between dives if you were wet.
- super light weight and packs in a very small space.
- its frequently washable without damaging or reducing any thermal lifetime
- was quite a bit cheaper. ($350 all in after tax)

Some people dont like it for the "loft", but i found I needed as much gas with a bz400 than I do with the Weezle to stay equally warm.

Its half dozen of the one and six of the other. they are both great and depends what you want in an undergarment.
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

I'm loving this! Koos is fast becoming my biggest advertiser! :taco:
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/