New diver looking for buddies!

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Cold_H2O
Aquaphile

Post by Cold_H2O »

Seth T. wrote: School things? Dude, where are your priorities! :smt064 :toimonster:
This from a guy who won't play hooky from work to come dive with us. [-X
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Welcome to our "Nut and Fruit Bowl" NeMEed. You will understand after awhile. This is a great group and really fun. Now go and get wet.
Charles
NeMEed
Getting To Know Folks

Post by NeMEed »

WylerBear wrote:Welcome! And cute avatar! Is that your baby?

I'm often available to dive on Sundays & Mondays. We'll get you into the water soon!
Unfortunetly no, that pup's not mine. He was a pup at the Humane Society I volunteered at that came in with a heart murmur. He was such a character though and had the most interesting look ;) :p

Hopefully I'll be in the water Tomorrow and Monday! :D
Cold_H2O
Aquaphile

Post by Cold_H2O »

I am planning on diving Redondo on Monday.

Drop me a pm if you want to come along.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

NeMEed and I are going to hit Cove 2 on Tuesday. A nice shallow tour is just what I need after a weekend of getting my rear end handed to me . . .
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
NeMEed
Getting To Know Folks

Post by NeMEed »

LCF wrote:NeMEed and I are going to hit Cove 2 on Tuesday. A nice shallow tour is just what I need after a weekend of getting my rear end handed to me . . .
Wait a sec, don't you mean Monday?? I sure hope so! lol
~Ashley
jeff98208
Aquanaut

Post by jeff98208 »

hey nemeed, if you'd like to join the doc and myself, we are diving this monday night at mukilteo t dock. meeting around 8 or 8:30 in the pm. see you there?
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Monday, of course (blush). Senior moment.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

NeMEed!

I hope to meet and dive with you some day.
I'm in Lakewood, South of Tacoma.
Tom Nic and I used to dive together about once or twice a week.
When I get healed up we'll be posting our dives in the Dive Plans and Trip Reports section.
Keep a close watch there
and you will find several dive oppurtunities.

keith :smt035
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Well, we had a lovely shallow tour of Cove 2 yesterday. I didn't find a whole lot for us to admire, but we spent about 45 minutes looking. NeMEed is a trooper about being in the water that long in a wetsuit!
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

"Wet suit" OMG. Flashback of diving in a wet suit in the winter. Bad, memories. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Way to go NeMeed.

BTW, what is you first name, for some reason I have problems typing your handle.
Charles
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

LCF wrote:Well, we had a lovely shallow tour of Cove 2 yesterday. I didn't find a whole lot for us to admire, but we spent about 45 minutes looking. NeMEed is a trooper about being in the water that long in a wetsuit!
Way to go NeMEed! I've found that the dive isn't so bad, it's the walk back to the car and getting out of the wetsuit on those 40degree days that gets ya.

Good on ya for toughing it out though!

Jake
TCWestby
Submariner

Post by TCWestby »

Diving it aint the problem, it's stripping out of it post dive, now we have a problem...
Looking for dive buddies

Work is for the surface interval....
Seth T.
Amphibian

Post by Seth T. »

Sweet, wetsuit divers are awesome! The definition of HARDCORE! :partyman:
Seth T.
PADI Master Diver
http://www.sethtower.com

Ratfish piss me off.
Cold_H2O
Aquaphile

Post by Cold_H2O »

Glad you had a nice dive on Monday.

Wetsuit.... BRRRRRR I get the chills just thinking about it. :prayer:
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

You just need to bring a large insulated container of hot water with you to your dive. A few cups inside your wet suit in between dives and all over yourhead at the end of your dives. AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

My hat's off to you! :salute: Wet suit divers!

I , love my dry suit, When it actually keeps me dry.
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

BASSMAN wrote:You just need to bring a large insulated container of hot water with you to your dive. A few cups inside your wet suit in between dives and all over yourhead at the end of your dives. AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

My hat's off to you! :salute: Wet suit divers!

I , love my dry suit, When it actually keeps me dry.
I'm sure it's not having any problems keeping you dry right now, Keith! :bootyshake:
Happy Thanksgiving, Buddy!
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

TCWestby wrote:Diving it aint the problem, it's stripping out of it post dive, now we have a problem...

OK now I have to say this BUT have you considered OILING yourself up before a dive??? You know I am just kidding right??? I do NOT want to see someone with a large bottle of cooking oil pouring it down their wetsuit. :la:

I cant wait until my lower back nerve pain is better so I can get wet again.
Jeff Castor
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

I just went through the "lower back nerve pain" thing myself. I put up with the severe pain it was causing me for a month before I finally went to a chiropractor for the first time in my life. I was in the office for ten minutes and the pain was completely eliminated.
-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Hey Ron good to hear that your back is better.Yeh last year I put up with sciatic pain on my right side for 9 months. It was not severe enough to keep me down but just enough to annoy the heck out of me.I know it has to be nerve pain as I can lift a guy who is about 115lbs and put him in his wheelchair. BUT when I am just standing I still have this very annoying pain in my lower right side that I could also feel in like the front part of my right leg.It is getting better and it has been almost 2 weeks. I would see a chiropractor and have thought about it. Last time I went to one I got x-rays and then was told I would have to go thru several ADJUSTMENTS over a period of 8 weeks. All of course costing alot. I am not sure if that is standard or I was being milked of cash.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and dive and drive safely.
Jeff Castor
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Go at least once. The chiropractor told me that my pelvis had rotated on the right side ( although the pain was in my left lower back and left thight. he adjusted my back and wrapped me up like a pretzel to allign my pelvis. I was as good as new! My muscles in my back were sore for about a day, but the nerve pain was gone instatly. Even if you dont have insurance, a visit is only 40.00 and well worth it.
-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...