Club Dive! Club Dive! Club Dive! June 22nd, Sund Rock!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
billandwende
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: Club Dive! Club Dive! Club Dive! June 22nd, Sund Rock!

Post by billandwende »

Jeez Bill. You don't have to guilt trip me. I'll PM about carpooling from Oly.
Well if ya want to. I'd hate to be a bother. :evil4: :evil4: :evil4: :evil4: :evil4:
We can take my ride it has a bit more room. \:D/
"I seek out more experienced divers who are willing to dive with me, and I buy them beer." :snorkel:

"It was awesome until the point where Bono endorsed it." Fishstiq

"Anyone know a good direction to point me in so i can figure out exactly what i have?" kat
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Post by Fishstiq »

Pez7378 wrote:
Penopolypants wrote:That's good, because everyone knows that Joe has no buns! :bootyshake:
Or brains, or brawn or bal.........never mind.

See that right there? That was yet another opportunity for you to be nice to me......

Penopolypants wrote:
John Rawlings wrote:If Pez is sitting in someone's lap it sounds like he's ALREADY bringing buns! \:D/
That's good, because everyone knows that Joe has no buns! :bootyshake:
See that? Another opportunity to be nice to me that Penopolypants just passed up.

I'm beginning to think you guys' situational awareness is lacking..... :dontknow:
Not just front page famous, but above the fold famous...

Waiting for your AIDS test results is no time to be thinking positive.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Sorry, I'll try to be more alert. You know, like a guy at 70 fsw who finds and retrieves 33 or so golf balls, or someone who while leading a dive, descends down a line, then completely loses all sense of direction. :dontknow: Yeah, you're right. I'm totally not aware of the situation! Hey Jake, wanna trade dive buddies?!?! :smt064

Oops, did I just pass up yet another opportunity?.................See, they're getting easier to spot already! :evil4:
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

billandwende wrote:
Jeez Bill. You don't have to guilt trip me. I'll PM about carpooling from Oly.
Well if ya want to. I'd hate to be a bother. :evil4: :evil4: :evil4: :evil4: :evil4:
We can take my ride it has a bit more room. \:D/
As long as your SURE you have the room. Ha Ha :rr:
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Scubagirl45 wrote:OK, I finally have to make a decision........I've been VERY ill :vom: :vom: :vom: for the past 3 days. It's getting better, and even though I should be over it by the weekend, the looooooong drive added to the diving, etc., doesn't even sound like fun right now :crybaby: (I can't believe I just said that). I guess the dive gods must be keeping me away from club dives :(
I hope you all have a great time, and I wish I could be there :crybaby:
But...who will issue some ovary smackdown with me if you don't go?! :prayer:

I'm sorry you don't feel well Loretta, but I understand. We'll have another one. :salute:
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Fishstiq wrote:

I'm beginning to think you guys' situational awareness is lacking..... :dontknow:
The only thing lacking is your heiney! :bootyshake:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Pez7378 wrote:Oops, did I just pass up yet another opportunity?.................See, they're getting easier to spot already! :evil4:
Yes, you missed yet another opportunity to be nice to him... but I wouldn't worry about it. :evil4:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
AB219
Aquaphile

Post by AB219 »

Scubagirl45 wrote:OK, I finally have to make a decision........I've been VERY ill :vom: :vom: :vom: for the past 3 days. It's getting better, and even though I should be over it by the weekend, the looooooong drive added to the diving, etc., doesn't even sound like fun right now :crybaby: (I can't believe I just said that). I guess the dive gods must be keeping me away from club dives :(

Sorry to hear your not feeling well, hope your feeling better soon.
If Loretta is not going.... I'm not going, :salute:

Have a great dive/BBQ at Sund Rock,

gl
Let's Go Diving at:
A) Oregon coast
B) Fort Bragg California
C) Monterey California
D) Puget Sound Washington

"It's not about the dive, but the journey taken."
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

AB219 wrote:

Sorry to hear your not feeling well, hope your feeling better soon.
If Loretta is not going.... I'm not going, :salute:

Have a great dive/BBQ at Sund Rock,

gl
If Loretta's not going, and AB219's not going, then I'M not going! I was planning on cancelling my dive with my buddies at Sund Rock so I could go to the Club dive, but since these two can't make it, I'll just stick to my original plans. Sorry you're feeling :vom: Loretta. Just think of the GAS you'll save!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

The Pez is feeling very silly lately. :laughing3:

If you are coming but don't know what to bring, may I suggest the following things:

Potato Salad
All-natural cheetos ( you may leave them with me for, uh, safekeeping)
lettuce, tomatoes, and onions (I'll bring a cutting board for slicing)
Cookies!
Fresh veggies
Cheese and crackers for the surface interval

PM me if you have any questions!
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Loretta, sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Does this mean you're going to miss capsule training Saturday?

(For those of you who are wondering what capsule training is, it's quite simple. We sink a racing hydroplane hull mock-up with a live person in it in the indoor pool of a fancy hotel and take turns 'rescuing' the 'driver'. It gets very boring here in the desert so we have to come up with interesting log-book entries like flooded missile silos, rescuing people from boats that have sunken in swimming pools, that sort of thing. ::stircrazy::)

By the way, if I don't get to Puget Sound soon I'm going to lose it ](*,) Seriously. I'm goin' nutz here. :smt119
I can't make it Sunday, but it's gotta be soon. Real soon. I'm now to the point of alternating between incoherent rants and passing out. <thud>

-Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

AB219 wrote:If Loretta is not going.... I'm not going, :salute:
LORETTA'S NOT GOING?!?!?! :angryfire: :crybaby:

ok, forget it, CLUB DIVE'S OFF! :toimonster:

first Pez decides to ditch us to go to Sund Rock with his buddies, :prayer: then Loretta gets sick and now no one wants to go if she's not there, :-({|= and of course to make matters worse Penelope has to go ahead ask people to bring fresh veggies and all-natural cheetos!?!?! :smt065

so what's the point anymore?!?! i mean, really! forget this silly "club dive" stuff! :violent3:

whose stupid idea was this anyway??? :smt051

let's all just go diving, instead!!

so. how does sunday at sund rock work for you all? 9am sound good?
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

sounds good
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
billandwende
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by billandwende »

:smt038
Sounds like a great idea to me. I'll be there and bring fresh veggies. :smt027 lettuce, tomatoes, and onions. Um also fresh I guess. And whatever a all-natural cheeto is (I hate my un-natural cheetos) I guess I can pick up some of those as well. :evil4:
"I seek out more experienced divers who are willing to dive with me, and I buy them beer." :snorkel:

"Anyone know a good direction to point me in so i can figure out exactly what i have?" kat
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Glad you are feeling better. Hope you get your strength back soon too.

Uhh... 4 hours? :smt119 I didn't know it was going to be that long. ](*,) Better bring pool toys.

-Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

Ben & Loretta: you guys have fun!! Afterwards, you'll probably realize you got some exercise!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Hmmmmmm?
I could almost do a couple of dives at Sund rock on Sunday.
I'm taking the day/night off{Sunday} so I can go up to Alaska with Tom-Nic on Monday morning.
I will be going to Church so 9:00 am I can't do, but if you are planning to dive in the afternoon?...
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

BASSMAN wrote:Hmmmmmm?
I could almost do a couple of dives at Sund rock on Sunday.
I'm taking the day/night off{Sunday} so I can go up to Alaska with Tom-Nic on Monday morning.
I will be going to Church so 9:00 am I can't do, but if you are planning to dive in the afternoon?...

i'm sure there will be a least a few folks diving in the afternoon... but if you're flying out monday, isn't it a bad idea to dive on sunday? what time is your flight?
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

OOP's #-o Good point, :book: Diving + Flying = :violent2:
Have fun On Sunday, I'll be playing it safe and staying dry.
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Diver_C wrote:Ben & Loretta: you guys have fun!! Afterwards, you'll probably realize you got some exercise!
You're right! I didn't expect to be so tired afterward! I spent a lot of time flipping and moving the capsule which was quite a workout (as you know).

Wish I'd been available to meet you last week when you were here.

By the way I've got to give some praise to Loretta. The training organizers were watching everything poolside via CCTV (fishcam) and they were all saying she had the best extractions. I think that's awesome in no small part because I was the guy in the capsule at the time! Riding the capsule was a new experience - aviation-style helmet-mounted regulator, no mask, strapped into a 5-point harness, upside-down in a fiberglass coffin filled with water... It was a little bit of a rush.

-Ben
billandwende
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by billandwende »

airsix wrote: It gets very boring here in the desert so we have to come up with interesting log-book entries like flooded missile silos

By the way, if I don't get to Puget Sound soon I'm going to lose it ](*,) Seriously. I'm goin' nutz here. :smt119
I can't make it Sunday, but it's gotta be soon. Real soon. I'm now to the point of alternating between incoherent rants and passing out. <thud>

-Ben

OK diving in a missile silo? Now that seems fun to me. \:D/ :supz: :smt038

BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Scubagirl45 wrote: Good call Keith on not diving and flying [-X . I'd like to finally meet you someday!
Yes, Some day we will meet, I just hope it's not while you are extracting me from some fiberglass,water filled, coffin! :smt119

Looks like you did well! =D> =D>

Keith :smt035
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

here are a few pics from the dives last sunday.

did anyone get any topside pics?