Where to wear a dive knife?

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Re: Where to wear a dive knife?

Post by Pez7378 »

Nailer99 wrote:
spatman wrote:
Pez7378 wrote:Dude, you better read my Avatar!

like shootin' fish in a barrel.

They're headed down to California this weekend to finally make it legal. Registered at Northwest Sport Divers. Big party planned for the reception! :partyman: :partyman: :partyman: :partyman:
That's right. We're registered at NWSD. And this is our registration list:

For the Groom (That's me. Traditionally it's the man who gives the woman flowers)

1 Dive Xtras X scooter
2 Apeks XTX 200 Regulators
4 Worthington hp100 with bands and manifolds
1 Dss Doubles rig
1 Atomic Frameless mask
1 Diving Concepts Drysuit
1 $10,000 gift certificate
Unlimited training

Joe's actually registered at Avon, contact him for his registration list.........................
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Penopolypants wrote:
Nailer99 wrote:
They're headed down to California this weekend to finally make it legal. Registered at Northwest Sport Divers. Big party planned for the reception! :partyman: :partyman: :partyman: :partyman:
I can't wait to welcome the happy couple back to Washington, and to finally see this:
Best. Post. Ever.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

I'm glad you like it. It's real fun for me too. ](*,)
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Pez7378 wrote:I'm glad you like it. It's real fun for me too. ](*,)
Dude, if you're getting cold feet, maybe you should listen to your heart. No need to rush into anything. Marriage is a big commitment.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Nailer99 wrote:
Dude, if you're getting cold feet, maybe you should listen to your heart. No need to rush into anything. Marriage is a big commitment.
I'm glad you understand Josh. It's just that, well, I pictured myself with someone better looking......................
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Pez7378 wrote:
Nailer99 wrote:
I'm glad you understand Josh. It's just that, well, I pictured myself with someone better looking......................
Yeah, sure. We all did. But how do you put a value on the kind of devotion Joe shows you? You can't buy that, you really can't.

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Pez7378 wrote:I hate you.
but you'll miss me while i'm away.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

tangfish wrote:
Best. Post. Ever.
Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress!
We mock because we care.

Or because it's fun.

Probably more because it's fun.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Penopolypants wrote:
tangfish wrote:
Best. Post. Ever.
Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress!
We mock because we care.

Or because it's fun.

Probably more because it's fun.
Making fun of other people is the best way to feel better about yourself. If everyone is laughing at them, you can be reasonably sure they're not laughing at you. And if you feel bad, you should immediately turn around and be mean to someone who loves you, so that you can both feel bad together.

Taking notes, Pez? These are some key concepts in "having a happy marriage."

loanwolf
Pelagic

Post by loanwolf »

Josh you and Calvin need to get everyone together and make a road trip down to Monterey since their are already a few of us here. I have a friend who is captain of one the boats down here and he can preform the ceremony underwater like Mel and Curt's. We can have the guys form Backscatter do the photos and video. Vis has been about 60' and clear as a bell here. What do yo think?

Greg
Greg
Life is Short do as Much as Possible in as Short of Period of Time as Possible.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

loanwolf wrote:Josh you and Calvin need to get everyone together and make a road trip down to Monterey since their are already a few of us here. I have a friend who is captain of one the boats down here and he can preform the ceremony underwater like Mel and Curt's. We can have the guys form Backscatter do the photos and video. Vis has been about 60' and clear as a bell here. What do yo think?

Greg
You know they're kidding right? :dontknow:
loanwolf
Pelagic

Post by loanwolf »

Yea I know :supz: But they were having too much fun I had to put it out their at your expense sorry about that. But all in fun :occasion5: . I just wanted to see how they would run with it.

Greg
Greg
Life is Short do as Much as Possible in as Short of Period of Time as Possible.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

loanwolf wrote:Josh you and Calvin need to get everyone together and make a road trip down to Monterey since their are already a few of us here. I have a friend who is captain of one the boats down here and he can preform the ceremony underwater like Mel and Curt's. We can have the guys form Backscatter do the photos and video. Vis has been about 60' and clear as a bell here. What do yo think?

Greg
I know Berkeley at Backscatter-he'd totally be into it! I'd fly to Monterey for an event of this magnitude, and I'm sure lots of others here would, too. What color bow tie should I wear with my drysuit?

:laughing3:

Um, we're going to have to buy those 2 a lot of beer to make up for the endless teasing....

:occasion5:
Last edited by scottsax on Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Dude this thread took one seriously WEIRD turn. Let's bring this back on topic. [-X

Where will the bride and bride be wearing their knives during the ceremony? :evil4:
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

Greg
We're already here and would be happy to stand - uh, swim - up for the two brides....
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Nwbrewer wrote:Dude this thread took one seriously WEIRD turn. Let's bring this back on topic. [-X

Where will the bride and bride be wearing their knives during the ceremony? :evil4:
In their garters, duh. \:D/

Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Greg
I heard that diving was closed down there though, at least that's what someone said (I don't remember why) :dontknow:

Nailer found the couple a nice wedding gift during our dive today. It should really spice the honeymoon up. :evil4:
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

tangfish wrote:

Greg
I heard that diving was closed down there though, at least that's what someone said (I don't remember why) :dontknow:

Nailer found the couple a nice wedding gift during our dive today. It should really spice the honeymoon up. :evil4:
I'm confused, now. There are at least 4 different guys getting married in this thread, all of a sudden.

Kalatin
Dive-aholic

Post by Kalatin »

After months of lurking and occasional postings, I vote this as the best threat hi-jack ever! Okay, so I haven't met any of you, but now I desperately want to! Can I be the flower girl at the wedding(s)? Pretty please? Who wouldn't want a newbie in a wetsuit with buoyancy problems from being a part of the wedding party? Just think of the sheer amusement value in having me along...
:bounce:

On a side note, I wore my knife on my left inside calf, tried it out on the dive, and completely screwed it up. Couldn't get it out of the sheaf and almost dropped it when I figured out the release. Luckily, my dive buddy and I were both trying out new gear, so I didn't feel completely absurd. Also, I didn't knick, cut, or otherwise harm myself or said buddy, so it was a good dive.

It did look cool, however. As a guy in the parking lot at Titlow Beach told me, chicks with knives are hot. Go figure. :fish:
"Another marathon, rush hour trek to foolishly compress myself and risk bodily harm and/or death to look at fishies!!! I love it!" - Casey B.
"The circle of life is a bitch when you're hungry." - Sockmonkey
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Yes, knife on the calf on a chick is definitely hot, but as you found out not always that functional. Believe it or not but EMT shears are very helpful underwater, but boy do you look stupid with a pair of safety scissors. They're also a little bulky, that's why I prefer cutting devices like this:

Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Scubagirl45 wrote:
Kalatin wrote: It did look cool, however. As a guy in the parking lot at Titlow Beach told me, chicks with knives are hot. Go figure. :fish:
:laughing3: Thanks for the tip, I'll have to try it sometime. :smt027
Oh come on Loretta! Do you really think you need a knife? :dontknow:
lurch
Compulsive Diver

Post by lurch »

loanwolf wrote:I have a friend who is captain of one the boats down here and he can preform the ceremony underwater like Mel and Curt's.
No need. I'm legally able to marry a couple in the state of WA. You guys want Keystone or Redondo?

And no I don't mind if you write your own vows.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

laivindil wrote:
loanwolf wrote:I have a friend who is captain of one the boats down here and he can preform the ceremony underwater like Mel and Curt's.
No need. I'm legally able to marry a couple in the state of WA. You guys want Keystone or Redondo?

There's no point in trying to keep this one going Chris. It's dead. :violent3:
lurch
Compulsive Diver

Post by lurch »

Pez7378 wrote:
laivindil wrote:

There's no point in trying to keep this one going Chris. It's dead. :violent3:
I'm jus sayin'...

We could make it a private ceremony if you like...

:evil4:
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Post by Fishstiq »

I worked on a response to all of this, and I'm at a loss for words. First, let me say thank you to all of you for your support and open-minded embracing of what you percieve to be occuring here. Now that I got the pleasantries out of the way...

Josh, I hope the hungry fleas of a thousand mange-ridden dogs infest your underwear drawer.

Penelope, once you get a she-pee, may you mistake your "delicate feminine adhesive" with Gorilla Glue.

Calvin, I wish you would be abducted by aliens and violated in unspeakable ways.

Jake, may your next dive light flood at depth causing you to be shocked by a massive electrical surge, leaving you looking like a hairless experiment in electrolosis gone horribly wrong.

Dave, I hope your camera floods just after getting that perfect 6 gill picture at the end of a string of 445 amazing pictures while visiting Puget Sound.

Scott, yes, you do owe us an amazing amount of beer, and when the waitress is pouring said beers, I hope the bartender spits in yours.

Loanwolf (apologies, I don't know your name), I hope your next bowel movement leaves you wondering when you ate thistles and broken glass.

Last but not least, Matt. Matt, I hate you. I hate everyone related to you. I hate everyone who looks like you. I believe you are a sub-human (looks human, smells like cabbage, lacks opposable thumbs) and I pray that your people bring their flying saucer by soon to pick you up and take you away, never to be seen or heard from again.

This club sucks.
Not just front page famous, but above the fold famous...

Waiting for your AIDS test results is no time to be thinking positive.