Tanks Stolen 6/8/09 Octopus Hole

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Re: Tanks Stolen 6/8/09 Octopus Hole

Post by pogiguy05 »

Sorry to hear someone took your tanks. This would be a great time to say everyone should take photo's of their scuba gear so that IF something like this happens you can give out identifying photo's to dive shops. I would also keep an eye out on craigslist as that would be a way to stay under the dive shop radar to sell them.

Thieves should be :zots:
Jeff Castor
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

camerone wrote:It may be fun, but it is kind of a redneck sport :)
"Sport" is a bit generous. Its fun tho.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Kirby
Aquaphile

Post by Kirby »

I added up the value of all my big number gear for an insurance quote from DAN, $11,400 worth of just big ticket items, which they will insure for $344.00 per year. My car insurance max was $250 for personal property, with a $250 deductable, still left me in the hole. I went cheap and have $500 deductible on my homeowners insurance. I hope someone else learns from my misfortune.

#1 if you don't need it, leave it at home (didn't even use the tank that was stolen was going to top my duals)
#2 lock and cover everything inside your vehicle. Post a guard if you can.
#3 Examine your personal property coverage on your auto insurance, probably worth it to increase, am looking into that.
#4 If you catch the person with my tank, just get their plate # and send me a PM, I'll take it from there.....

Kirby
Hi, My name is Kirby, and I am addicted to Nitrogen Narcosis.