Introductions Please

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

Welcome Jay!!!! Look forward to seeing you in the water!!! Nice avatar.
:partyman:
TAKE only pictures,,, LEAVE only bubbles...
CBL
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by CBL »

hey guys
Im looking to start diving again. Get out of the house and freeze my ass off. Anyways im a 19 yearold teenage guy. Lookin for some buddies to jump into the puget sound with. My girl friends certified too so add one more to the list.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Sweet CBL, good to have you aboard (and your girl too). Just keep tabs on this board, there's always a few dives being planned at any given time.

Cheers,

Calvin
martinhong
Getting To Know Folks

Post by martinhong »

hi, im 26 years old. new to the seattle area and new to scuba diving. i have about 8 dives so far. and i love scuba.

i stumbled onto this site cause i was looking for photos from seacrest and found calvin's website, which led me to this forum. im always looking for new people to go scuba diving with.

-Martin
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

martinhong wrote:hi, im 26 years old. new to the seattle area and new to scuba diving. i have about 8 dives so far. and i love scuba.

i stumbled onto this site cause i was looking for photos from seacrest and found calvin's website, which led me to this forum. im always looking for new people to go scuba diving with.

-Martin
Well looks like you found the right place welcome aboard... :partyman:
Who run barter town?
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

CBL wrote:hey guys
Im looking to start diving again. Get out of the house and freeze my ass off. Anyways im a 19 yearold teenage guy. Lookin for some buddies to jump into the puget sound with. My girl friends certified too so add one more to the list.
there is usually some group of us diving every weekend the more the merrier.. :supz:
Who run barter town?
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Welcome to the Board Martin. We typically do one night dive during the week (Wednesday evenings have been the norm), and dives at various locations on Saturday and Sunday. Speaking of which, does anyone have a plan for this weekend, aside from Dave's boat dives?

Also Martin, we have quite a few buddies who are at a similar point as far as experience is concerned. It always makes for a better time when you have some dive buddies you can learn from the same level with. Some of these people are Patrick, Galen, Erin, Tim and Tony.

cheers! \:D/
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

I wish that i could make dive plans this weekend calvin.. Im getting a dump truck this weekend gonna haul in some dirt so i can start my shop soon..besides my drysuit is in the shop again ](*,) ](*,) .. hopefully they can fix my leak this time..
Who run barter town?
martinhong
Getting To Know Folks

Post by martinhong »

thanks everyone, im available to dive most sat and sun, if anyone wants to go. mind u, im a newbie though...
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

diver_down, you freak me out with all those stories of your DUI leaking. I've got my fingers crossed for mine that's on order.

Martin, if I'm around this weekend we'll likely go diving. I think my buddy Patrick might be interested, he has about 8 dives too. If we go, I'll post a new thread (I don't want to derail the introduction thread).

Calvin
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

no worries calvin.. i think my leak is coming from the exhaust valve there replacing it this time.. DUI is one of the top of the line suits problems like mine are rare...
Who run barter town?
morrilp
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Calvini dive on SUN

Post by morrilp »

:partyman: Hey Calgon...sounds like fun would you like ot go diving with us ON SUN? Doug can make it...Also my buddy Pete wants to learn so I will sign him up and then we will have even more new recruites :rr:
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Patrick, you should also coordinate with Martin here. He's about the same level as you.

I'll try to make it too.
morrilp
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by morrilp »

I'll try but you should come man we will hit some new spots! Martin nice to meet you Calvin is an awesome diver when you get a chance you should dive with him...
martinhong
Getting To Know Folks

Post by martinhong »

anyone here volunteer at edmonds UWP on sat? i was thinking maybe tomorrow i'd give it a try. hey, its free air!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I didn't even know that there was volunteering there. What do you do there as a volunteer at the UWP?
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Hello NWDivers!

Post by Ken G »

Hi
My name is Ken. I am new to the Northwest Divers forum and I thought I would introduce myself.

I first got hooked on the Great Barrier Reef in 1994. It was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had. From that point I knew I was a diver. The majority of my dives have been in the South China Sea as a DM while living in Thailand. I have currently logged about 273 dives and am ready for more. I got a taste for wreck diving while in Asia and am looking to pursue that interest in the future.

I am new to cold water diving and am currently getting my gear in order to start diving here in Seattle. (I am in need of a dry suit.) Calvin happens to be a close personal friend of mine. We went to school together and have known each other for about 16 years now. So… anyways I look forward to meeting you guys and getting wet sometime soon.

Ken
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

Welcome aboard Ken, let's go diving!!!! :partyman:
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Yep Yep, I'll vouch for Ken G as a good guy. \:D/

It's a bit of a long road to getting yourself set up for the cold water but we'll try to help you out and give you advice as well as a kick in the pants along the way! :axe:

Seriously though. I've been trying to get Ken in the water for some time now and he has some very good questions on gear, etc. It'd be great if some of you here can help to find the answers with me. :santa:
triagus
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Hello NW Divers!

Post by triagus »

Hello All! I am a new member of NW dive club. I am advanced certified and love to dive in Washington. I found your board on craigslist. I have been looking for an additional group of people to dive with. I look forward to diving with you!
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Re: Hello NW Divers!

Post by DiverDown »

triagus wrote:Hello All! I am a new member of NW dive club. I am advanced certified and love to dive in Washington. I found your board on craigslist. I have been looking for an additional group of people to dive with. I look forward to diving with you!
thats what we like to do around here!!! :partyman:
Who run barter town?
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Wellcome to one and ALL:

you have come to the right place to meet and share grate times and infermation

now all we need to do is pick a time when every one can hit the same dive site at the same time and we could have a real ball.

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: Hello NW Divers!

Post by Dave »

triagus wrote:Hello All! I am a new member of NW dive club. I am advanced certified and love to dive in Washington. I found your board on craigslist. I have been looking for an additional group of people to dive with. I look forward to diving with you!
Welcome aboard!! Feel free to join us on any planned dives and don't be shy, chime in any time. You'll find us to be accepting of all skill levels and botttom line is we just love to dive , the more the merrier. WELCOME!!!
:wav:
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Hola triagus, welcome to the club :partyman:

Next dive, today! Alki Cove 2 at 6pm. Friday a bunch of us are doing a fish ID class with a dive on Saturday morning. Maybe a dive on Sunday somewhere, just check back for more details.

Comon in the water's fine!

:rr:
Diver Doug
Aquaphile

Post by Diver Doug »

Ok, I suppose it's time I posted. I've been hiding in the shadows watching for a while now. I live in Forest Grove, Ore. and try to dive as much as is allowable. I've dove with Sparky a couple of times. I'm relitively new to diving. Got My C card in June of 2004. That is something I've wanted to do for the last 35 years, OK since the days of good Ol Loyde Bridges and SEAHUNT. I presently have 52 logged dives all of them in the cold low vis. Pacific Northwest. Kinda spoiled huh? Wil be taking my advanced class June 10,11 at Sund Rock. Looking forward to that, with excitement and and apprehension. Hope to dive with more of you Guys.

Doug