Monday Mukilteo Madness 09/28

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: Monday Mukilteo Madness 09/28

Post by trevorrowe »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:
trevorrowe wrote:I would like to say I'm coming, but I am unable to commit. It all really depends on if Caroline gives birth before then. We've already had one false alarm. So here is my big maybe.
So how's that baby coming along?
So far, she is still cooking. Caroline is doing well, and we are not expecting the baby tonight, so I plan on diving.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Norris wrote:Yeah if it keeps looking like this type of weather I may opt out. I JUST got my stuff dry and if its raining and gets all wet again Ill be livid. I was thinking about a tent of some type. Or even better, Matt would you mind holding an umbrella over me whilst I donn my gear?

Just stand in the silver cloud covered parking....
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
sunnydude
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by sunnydude »

Norris wrote:Yeah if it keeps looking like this type of weather I may opt out. I JUST got my stuff dry and if its raining and gets all wet again Ill be livid. I was thinking about a tent of some type. Or even better, Matt would you mind holding an umbrella over me whilst I donn my gear?
Such a Diva! :joshsmith:
Sean
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

* still looking for a way to keep my stuff dry while diving....
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Shoot my gear goes from being wet to being damp and then back to being wet. Can't really remember the last time it dried out properly. :)
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

ok ok ok after the third response it seems obvious that I needed to tag my response with a </Sarcasm> flag to really define the response as such....

yeah, i'm real concerned with getting my "SCUBA" gear "wet", prior to entering the "water"

I was hoping the second post would have stamped it for sure....

:goodpost:
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Norris wrote:ok ok ok after the third response it seems obvious that I needed to tag my response with a </Sarcasm> flag to really define the response as such....

yeah, i'm real concerned with getting my "SCUBA" gear "wet", prior to entering the "water"

Seems like you made yourself quite the reputation for making exsuses eh? :smt064
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:
Norris wrote:ok ok ok after the third response it seems obvious that I needed to tag my response with a </Sarcasm> flag to really define the response as such....

Seems like you made yourself quite the reputation for making exsuses eh? :smt064
Hmm ...not really seeing the above as an excuse, more attempting to define sarcasm that was minterpreted or poorly delivered. Probably my bad :smt064

all joking aside, I am fully loaded and ready to dive, AND will be there to splash at 6:30!
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

I'll be bringing a guest tonight as well. Ed is getting back in the saddle and is prepared to descend with us tonight
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Norris wrote: I am fully loaded and ready to dive, AND will be there to splash at 6:30!
You're loaded and it's not even 3:00? You really shouldn't drink and dive.....
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Nwbrewer wrote:
Norris wrote: I am fully loaded and ready to dive, AND will be there to splash at 6:30!
You're loaded and it's not even 3:00? You really shouldn't drink and dive.....
I beg to differ, it makes it easier to pop wheelies
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
April
Dive-aholic

Post by April »

I could use some booze right now. I am SOOOO bored right now I've burned half my phone battery surfing the web. I want to go divng already!!
April
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

<---chairman of the bored
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
fuzzydoodle
Frequent Bubbler

Post by fuzzydoodle »

"fuzzynoodle" that made me laugh, good one sir!!

I was just about to show up tonight when Sasquatch stole my regulator!! Now I am topside tonight.
(but really, the woman's car broke down and she took my truck to work, and she works until 9)

This is dedication, baby is ready to come out any minute and he sneaks off to dive! I love it.

Unfortunately I wont make it tonight, but if anyone wants to do an Edmond's dive in the morning I am up for that!?
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:

Lucky for Norris NWDC is carries around way to much stuff in save a dive kits, and foiled his attempts to make excuses and not dive.

How do you bring your reg set minus 1 second stage?

Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Oh Jake you WOULD have to advertize my forgetfulness.
:steamingears:

Heh heh let the record show that if I could dive every day I most likely would. So when I DO excuse myself from dives the reasons are legit, and usually disheartening as I have already planned the dive in my head.

THIS time I noticed my primary regulator line was beginning to wear up near the first stage and I had some extra low pressure hoses in the ole garage so I decided to see if I had one that was compatible. I took my primary second stage off to see if I could do some fitting and it turned out that none fit. I distracted myself with reorganizing my work bench prior to putting my second back on and thus hung it back up to finish later. The night prior to diving I put all of my stuff in the car and "checking that my secondary regulator is attached to my rig" is not a usual checklist item so I failed to do so. So I was without the reg and almost had to call the dive. Luckily Casey came to the rescue and had an extra for me to use. THANKS AGAIN CASEY!!!

I know that being forgetful is something that I am being well known for, but I am blessed with diving with good friends that generally help me out. Im getting better!!

THANKS NWDC
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Nwbrewer wrote:Lucky for Norris NWDC is carries around way to much stuff in save a dive kits, and foiled his attempts to make excuses and not dive.

Oh Reaallyy? This I find funny. Norris borrowed a Second Stage? H2ODoctor borrowed a FULL cylinder, and I borrowed an LP inflator hose......

There was some North end Dive saving going on! You guys rock! :supz:
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Pez7378 wrote:
Nwbrewer wrote:Lucky for Norris NWDC is carries around way to much stuff in save a dive kits, and foiled his attempts to make excuses and not dive.

Oh Reaallyy? This I find funny. Norris borrowed a Second Stage? H2ODoctor borrowed a FULL cylinder, and I borrowed an LP inflator hose......

There was some North end Dive saving going on! You guys rock! :supz:
It's just a shame no one had a camera, to get a picture of Pez in all black gear, with a PINK hose hat on his drysuit hose.

Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Nwbrewer wrote:It's just a shame no one had a camera, to get a picture of Pez in all black gear, with a PINK hose hat on his drysuit hose.
I don't even know him anymore. :angryblue:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Sounder wrote:
Nwbrewer wrote:It's just a shame no one had a camera, to get a picture of Pez in all black gear, with a PINK hose hat on his drysuit hose.
That's right! You don't know me sucka! And if there's no proof, it didn't happen PERIOD! :blackblink:
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Pez7378 wrote:
Sounder wrote:
That's right! You don't know me sucka! And if there's no proof, it didn't happen PERIOD! :blackblink:
i seen it... :joshsmith: :violent3: hess flaming!! lol :smt064
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

That's Dang right ... I schooled all you chumps by showing up with 2 , countem 2 , EMPTY Tanks !!!! Now that's diving ... Respect the PNW B##ches
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

H20doctor wrote:That's Dang right ... I schooled all you chumps by showing up with 2 , countem 2 , EMPTY Tanks !!!! Now that's diving ... Respect the PNW B##ches
wo0o0 i have been schooled, when does college start for me doc?
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

So who all was there? I remember nwbrewer,h20doc, mattleycrue, renoun, april, norris, and some more but since i have forgotten there names.....Its so hard to remember everyones name.
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Um lets see, Caseyb449, Pez, SUNNYDUDE, NWbrewer's buddy Drew, one of Norris's buddies, and of course Fishstiq for the Diamond Knot portion