Where to wear a dive knife?

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Re: Where to wear a dive knife?

Post by Pez7378 »

Just a little aggressive there Joe.......... :occasion5:
lurch
Compulsive Diver

Post by lurch »

Fishstiq wrote:I worked on a response to all of this, and I'm at a loss for words. First, let me say thank you to all of you for your support and open-minded embracing of what you percieve to be occuring here. Now that I got the pleasantries out of the way...

Josh, I hope the hungry fleas of a thousand mange-ridden dogs infest your underwear drawer.

Penelope, once you get a she-pee, may you mistake your "delicate feminine adhesive" with Gorilla Glue.

Calvin, I wish you would be abducted by aliens and violated in unspeakable ways.

Jake, may your next dive light flood at depth causing you to be shocked by a massive electrical surge, leaving you looking like a hairless experiment in electrolosis gone horribly wrong.

Dave, I hope your camera floods just after getting that perfect 6 gill picture at the end of a string of 445 amazing pictures while visiting Puget Sound.

Scott, yes, you do owe us an amazing amount of beer, and when the waitress is pouring said beers, I hope the bartender spits in yours.

Loanwolf (apologies, I don't know your name), I hope your next bowel movement leaves you wondering when you ate thistles and broken glass.

Last but not least, Matt. Matt, I hate you. I hate everyone related to you. I hate everyone who looks like you. I believe you are a sub-human (looks human, smells like cabbage, lacks opposable thumbs) and I pray that your people bring their flying saucer by soon to pick you up and take you away, never to be seen or heard from again.

This club sucks.
I know I got in late (midterms will do that to ya) but I don't even rate a rusty nail in the foot? How disappointing.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Fishstiq wrote:I worked on a response to all of this, and I'm at a loss for words. First, let me say thank you to all of you for your support and open-minded embracing of what you percieve to be occuring here. Now that I got the pleasantries out of the way...

Josh, I hope the hungry fleas of a thousand mange-ridden dogs infest your underwear drawer.

Penelope, once you get a she-pee, may you mistake your "delicate feminine adhesive" with Gorilla Glue.

Calvin, I wish you would be abducted by aliens and violated in unspeakable ways.

Jake, may your next dive light flood at depth causing you to be shocked by a massive electrical surge, leaving you looking like a hairless experiment in electrolosis gone horribly wrong.

Dave, I hope your camera floods just after getting that perfect 6 gill picture at the end of a string of 445 amazing pictures while visiting Puget Sound.

Scott, yes, you do owe us an amazing amount of beer, and when the waitress is pouring said beers, I hope the bartender spits in yours.

Loanwolf (apologies, I don't know your name), I hope your next bowel movement leaves you wondering when you ate thistles and broken glass.

Last but not least, Matt. Matt, I hate you. I hate everyone related to you. I hate everyone who looks like you. I believe you are a sub-human (looks human, smells like cabbage, lacks opposable thumbs) and I pray that your people bring their flying saucer by soon to pick you up and take you away, never to be seen or heard from again.

This club sucks.

Man, Joe- that was a stream of bile and hatred that I might not have been able to dream up without outside assistance.

Nice work.

:violent1: :violent2:
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Fishstiq wrote:
:laughing3:
My girly bits actually clenched a little when I read that.
Fishstiq wrote:This club sucks.
Sometimes...but with Pez's pure sweet love to support you through this challenging time, I'm sure that someday you'll see we're not so bad. :bootyshake:
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Post by Fishstiq »

Lavandil, you must've posted while I was "composing", my apologies. After your next dental checkup, I hope your dentist informs you that your gums have athletes foot.

Josh, Thanks!!! That means something coming from you. :supz:

Penelope, now I hope it happens to you twice.
Not just front page famous, but above the fold famous...

Waiting for your AIDS test results is no time to be thinking positive.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Fishstiq wrote: Penelope, now I hope it happens to you twice.
Well, that would probably cut back on all the waxing I would need to do to wear it.....
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

My girly bits are all clenched up in "sympathy clench" right now. I really love the way you all hate eachother; "with love."

It reminds me of my actual family.

Gonna crawl towards the bed now- but thank you all for the hatred, and mean-spirited mockery- it's like a warm, fuzzy blanket to this dysfunctional Irish guy from Albuquerque!

(Seriously- it's often the best part of my day! Keep up the good work!)

:supz:

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

This club sucks.

You know what we love about you Joe? It's that you're such a good sport about it.... :la: Let's go diving....
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

This club sucks.
Did he make you sleep on the couch alone, Joe? That's rough - I understand your hostility. Don't worry, all lovers have their little issues.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

I LOVE THIS BOARD!!!

I'm crying I'm laughing so hard...

You all are geniuses, and I can't wait to dive with you again.

:hello2:
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

This club sucks.
=D> Wow. I am very late to this party, but... Wow. Well done! =D>
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
TCWestby
Submariner

Post by TCWestby »

Right now I( only have a small Knife on the left side of my BC for Right Hand draw. If I had a larger one I'd consider on my leg but inside to avoid tangeling in kelp/ seaweed. I do like the idea of wrist mount for hunting too.
Looking for dive buddies

Work is for the surface interval....
jeff98208
Aquanaut

Post by jeff98208 »

like my bumper sticker says "my wife said if i don' quit diving she's going to divorce me. GOD i'm going miss her!" but congrats on said marriage though... :smt119
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Oh for CRYIN' OUT LOUD! Give it a rest already! Okay maybe this will help...............

Joe and I have called off the marriage! (That never was) Due to all the public attention we decided to just call it off. Besides that, I have decided that I prefer to be alone. And we cannot seem to agree on the proper procedure for a right post failure. It seems that Joe would rather think than follow the standard protocol, and as he wants to make up his own rules saying that he's a "thinking diver" and the standard procedure doesn't make sense to him. So it's over. And so is this thread.

Kalatin, it seems we have discovered where everyone keeps their knives........................planted firmly in the backs of their fellow dive club members! :smt027
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Whew! Wise choice - proper procedures for post failures is a touchy subject for most new brides (most don't understand that it happens from time to time), and if you can't come to an agreement on how to deal with that then it's best that you quit now.
Pez7378 wrote: Kalatin, it seems we have discovered where everyone keeps their knives........................planted firmly in the backs of their fellow dive club members! :smt027
Perhaps your avatar should be this?
The-Ex-Knife-Holder_FB897BDA.jpg
The-Ex-Knife-Holder_FB897BDA.jpg (21.36 KiB) Viewed 2950 times
We stab because we care.

Or because it's fun.

Probably more because it's fun.
lurch
Compulsive Diver

Post by lurch »

Darn! And I just dusted off my Diver's Bible in preparation for the ceremony!

LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

OMG -- Most of the hijacks on this board somewhat irritate me, as I have a linear mind and tend to stay on topic, but this one is just genius. The segues remind me of Monty Python routines.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

LCF wrote:OMG -- Most of the hijacks on this board somewhat irritate me, as I have a linear mind and tend to stay on topic, but this one is just genius. The segues remind me of Monty Python routines.
The general policy around here concerning thread hijacks is that, unless someone involved in the thread requests a cease fire, zee hijack, she weel go where she wishes. :smt065

lurch
Compulsive Diver

Post by lurch »

Nailer99 wrote:
LCF wrote:OMG -- Most of the hijacks on this board somewhat irritate me, as I have a linear mind and tend to stay on topic, but this one is just genius. The segues remind me of Monty Python routines.
The general policy around here concerning thread hijacks is that, unless someone involved in the thread requests a cease fire, zee hijack, she weel go where she wishes. :smt065
And zat if why wee love zis board! :supz:
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Nailer99 wrote:
You mean all I had to do was call a "cease fire" and you all would have stopped picking on me and the skinny kid... :dontknow:

NAILER, YOU SIR ARE A GREEN TRUCK DRIVIN, MEGALODON DIVIN, IRISH WHISKEY DRINKIN LIARLIARLIARLIARLIARLIARLIAR. AND YOU DONT TELL THE TRUTH EITHER

I don't believe that for a friggin' minute! [-X
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Oh no Pez, Kalatin would have had to request a cease fire here, it's her thread....

You, as they say, are screwed. :violent1:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Nwbrewer wrote:Oh no Pez, Kalatin would have had to request a cease fire here, it's her thread....

You, as they say, are screwed. :violent1:
Yup. Sorry dude... you're screwed. Kate's cease-fire option, and she didn't call it. :dontknow:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Kalatin
Dive-aholic

Post by Kalatin »

I was unaware of my somewhat mystical abilities to call a cease fire on this thread. I am willing to put the matter to a vote (or a bribe...). Good to know for future reference.
"Another marathon, rush hour trek to foolishly compress myself and risk bodily harm and/or death to look at fishies!!! I love it!" - Casey B.
"The circle of life is a bitch when you're hungry." - Sockmonkey
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Pez7378 wrote:NAILER, YOU SIR ARE A GREEN TRUCK DRIVIN, MEGALODON DIVIN, IRISH WHISKEY DRINKIN LIARLIARLIARLIARLIARLIARLIAR. AND YOU DONT TELL THE TRUTH EITHER
Such harsh words- coming from a guy who has peed in a plastic milk jug while drinking warm beer in the back of my green van while I hauled his ass back from Port Hardy, no less. I thought we were like family..... :dontknow: :crybaby:

Actually, yeah. That does make you pretty much just exactly like my family.

BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Nailer99 wrote:Such harsh words- coming from a guy who has peed in a plastic milk jug while drinking warm beer in the back of my green van while I hauled his ass back from Port Hardy, no less. I thought we were like family..... :dontknow: :crybaby:

Actually, yeah. That does make you pretty much just exactly like my family.
:laughing3:
Wow :smt119
This could take this thread in a whole new direction! where I have no Idea :dontknow:

All I can say is, this has been the most entertaining thread of all time.
=D>

A flood of emotions makeing me laugh until I cried! :laughing3: :crybaby:

Oh, and I wear my knife on the inside of my left calf when I wear it.
I would like to get one to put somewhere on my upper body.
Or I'll just copy Sounder someday. {as long as it's not some sort of multi Scuba unit purchase}
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz: