Dry suit undergarments....

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Re: Dry suit undergarments....

Post by pogiguy05 »

BASSMAN wrote:
Dusty2 wrote: Hey those look like they might be great for an extra layer under you present garment when it gets really cold out,,, or should I say in.
I don't need to wear anything at all, under my Weezle. But for reasons I need not to explain, I wear swim shorts or something equilvlent under it.
and on a sunny day when he takes off his stuff there is this blinding light so bright he disappears from sight. :rofl: I just had to
Jeff Castor
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Just for a note...DON'T dive a warm undergarment with a 6 mm drysuit....you will bake in it...and your suit will turn into a semi dry.
April
Dive-aholic

Post by April »

Dashrynn wrote:Just for a note...DON'T dive a warm undergarment with a 6 mm drysuit....you will bake in it...and your suit will turn into a semi dry.
good point, edited my post to say that I dive a shell...
April
sungurl
Aquaphile

Post by sungurl »

April wrote:
Dashrynn wrote:Just for a note...DON'T dive a warm undergarment with a 6 mm drysuit....you will bake in it...and your suit will turn into a semi dry.
Ok, so i'm totally confused now....so what does one wear under a 7mm NEOPRENE DRY SUIT??? It seems the majority here dive a shell????? Definitely not enough room anyway for anything too fluffy/thick, lol....
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

sungurl wrote:
April wrote:
Ok, so i'm totally confused now....so what does one wear under a 7mm NEOPRENE DRY SUIT??? It seems the majority here dive a shell????? Definitely not enough room anyway for anything too fluffy/thick, lol....
4th Element. The thin stuff. Maybe some UA cold gear under that. You'll be warm enough in that. I have a 4mm crshed Neo, and that keeps me warm. Sometimes I switch out the UA for a 2nd thin fleece. NWSD is a 4th element dealer. Take your drysuit with you, and try some on under the suit, see what feels right.

Sockmonkey, I got mine wet with a really bad dump valve flood. I wasn't really cold. I knew it was leaking, and right where it was leaking in was cold, but my arm and chest were wet, but still warm.

Jake
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
sungurl
Aquaphile

Post by sungurl »

Nwbrewer wrote:
sungurl wrote:
April wrote:
4th Element. The thin stuff. Maybe some UA cold gear under that. You'll be warm enough in that. I have a 4mm crshed Neo, and that keeps me warm. Sometimes I switch out the UA for a 2nd thin fleece. NWSD is a 4th element dealer. Take your drysuit with you, and try some on under the suit, see what feels right.

Sockmonkey, I got mine wet with a really bad dump valve flood. I wasn't really cold. I knew it was leaking, and right where it was leaking in was cold, but my arm and chest were wet, but still warm.

Jake
THankies Jake! Much appreciated....I think the first dive will be the big test...so I shoulld know prior to the club dive this upcoming weekend what I will need to do, or closer to what I will need to do at least :)
Thanks for the feedback :)
April
Dive-aholic

Post by April »

Sorry for confusing you... I'm kind of jealous now, that fourth element stuff looks cool!
April
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

I dive a 6 mil crushed neoprene Bare drysuit, and I just dove in my Fleece PJ bottoms, and a long sleeve shirt, with a columbia sportswear fleece jacket, and I was super comfortable. So there. Otherwide, the bare polartec 100 would be perfect..

D(B)
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

defied wrote:I dive a 6 mil crushed neoprene Bare drysuit, and I just dove in my Fleece PJ bottoms, and a long sleeve shirt, with a columbia sportswear fleece jacket, and I was super comfortable. So there. Otherwise, the bare polartec 100 would be perfect..

D(B)
Basically what I used on my first was pajamas and two t shirts....I had some dui fleece liner gloves and two layers of socks(my feet get cold easy)...one is wool and the other regular...I was warm EVERYWHERE but my hands after 53 mins and they were just a tad nippy. Just from one dive in this suit I would even recommend some that deflects water or keeps u warm even if you do get wet. The nylon polyester stuff looks nice.....
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

sungurl wrote:
April wrote:
I would try just a bathing suit...i roasted in a thick undergarment sunday...and you have 1 more mil than me. Just don't wear hot stuff!! You will be verrryyyyy sorry!! From one day of experience i can tell you that you would rather be just a tad chilly compared to wayyy too freaking hot!